Morristown East & West

splainshornets

As an East fan, here is what happened with "Filmgate." The West film guy went to practice at the game since West was off. He did not know that this would be an issue. I saw him there and asked him why he was there. He told me straight up that he was practicing. He feels that he gets rusty from time to time. Coach Seals knew about it and East handled it through CO and got the film back. It did come across as smarmy, but I believe it to be unintentional. The film guy at West would not lie. He is a good man and person. If West had sent the film guy, he would have admitted it. He is a stand up guy.

Seals was not OK with it and east did get the film back but last week woods gave boone a bootleg copy of the same game. If they want film, just ask. They did not break a written rule by doing that, just an unwritten one. Practice filming? Give me a break! I don't care how standup the guy is.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seals was not OK with it and east did get the film back but last week woods gave boone a bootleg copy of the same game. If they want film, just ask. They did not break a written rule by doing that, just an unwritten one. Practice filming? Give me a break! I don't care how standup the guy is.

All of this is so funny!!! If any team wants game film on another team it is out there. I would suspect East watches game film every week for their upcoming opponent, but I doubt the opponent sends it to them as an aminity!! So where does the film come from?

As for the citizen tribune reporting east - west equally, I am still trying to get up from laughing. The week after the E/W game this year I was in several neigboring counties and more than one person commented that when they opened the sports section on Sunday they acually thought East had won, at first glance. The pictorial page had 12 pics, 10 being of East! WOW, now that's equal press time!

Let's keep the jokes going guys!

Maybe he did not build that baseball field at west(inside track)after all. If you don't like what I say then ignore it. BTW, what FACT negated anything I said?

"Stuff" gets a starting position. If you comment had any merit then it would stand to reason MWest would have had a Sophomore starting last year.

Here you go. I have thought about this for YEARS.

MASCOT: Wildcats (Morristown's Junior High mascot)

COACH: Woods or Hatcher - You could not go wrong with either selection. West wins state a few years ago with some of East's players. A 6'6 WR named Simpson sure would have helped.

There are other schools that have that many kids. It would take a completely new building out on 160. It would be worth it, but they would not even think about trying it.

Today's paper brought up opening 3 schools. I hope they don't do that!

It will never happen, but one school would be scary. Hatcher has not proven himself YET, Woods has. Good mascot name. West wins the state a few years ago with only one east player IMO, but it would have been the one on the other end of the pass to simpson. <_<

Could you imagine the Dynasty if we combined. MTV would be here filming there next series in about five years after we take 5 straight championships. Wishful thinking though... We have 2 top notch 4A programs. Heck my junior and senior season we were 5a at east and won our region and then tied...

After the article in yesterdays paper, we are not going to get the field, are we?

Would this combination create one of the, if not the largest, most populated high schools in Tennessee? I'm not sure, but I don't think there are any school with 3,000 people. Wow! That would be an enormous campus! Can someone enlighten me a little more about this new grass turf?

I think this would be a terrible idea. McGavock has the highest enrollemnt (2592) and Jeff County is under 2300. Why would you want a high school with 4000 students - that would be like a bomb waiting to explode with that many students. You would cut participation in half - so a 3rd high school would be much better. The TSSAA web site that I pulled enrollments from shows that East and West are less than 1350 each, so are they really that overcrowded? Build a football field at West and fix the baseball field and you should be OK. Turn loose of some of that old Morristown money!!!

All of this is so funny!!! If any team wants game film on another team it is out there. I would suspect East watches game film every week for their upcoming opponent, but I doubt the opponent sends it to them as an aminity!! So where does the film come from?

As for the citizen tribune reporting east - west equally, I am still trying to get up from laughing. The week after the E/W game this year I was in several neigboring counties and more than one person commented that when they opened the sports section on Sunday they acually thought East had won, at first glance. The pictorial page had 12 pics, 10 being of East! WOW, now that's equal press time!

Let's keep the jokes going guys!

Teams swap film with each other and to obtain it otherwise is not illegal but it sure is sneaky. CRY CRY CRY about the tribune.......boo hoo. Here is another joke for you, you have a clue.

Every town that has more than one high school claims "the other school gets more coverage"

It is the high school version of "we get no respect"

I have never met B. Trent but just from reading the paper- he

A works hard

B is fair

C cares about the kids

That is what you want from a high school sports editor

B. Trent has my respect

One high school VS 3 high schools

ANSWER:

one high school

2 campus

9th and 10th grade @ West campus

11th and 12th grade @ East campus

1. Seals knew about the tape. I discussed it with him the day after he told the AD about it. He did not like it. I do not think that I said he was cool with it. All I said was that Seals was aware. He called the AD and it was handled through the Central Office. THIS IS ALL FACT

2. I think Burke Toney will get the turf as of now.

3. Brian Trent is a great man.

4. The West film guy would "practice" filming. He is very thorough. A very devote Christian man and would not do something sneaky like that. Both of his daughters graduated from East.

5. I am sure that West made a copy of the tape before sending it to East.

6. I do not think that they will combing the high schools. I was just putting out there what I wish would happen. Morristown would come back together as a community if it happened. I think the 3 high schools may happen eventually.

7. I do not care what numbers TSSAA has down. Both are right at 1,400 kids with East holding a little edge. West actually had more to start the year, but has changes lately.

Every town that has more than one high school claims "the other school gets more coverage"

It is the high school version of "we get no respect"

I have never met B. Trent but just from reading the paper- he

A works hard

B is fair

C cares about the kids

That is what you want from a high school sports editor

B. Trent has my respect

One high school VS 3 high schools

ANSWER:

one high school

2 campus

9th and 10th grade @ West campus

11th and 12th grade @ East campus

you're right on the coverage thing.

It doesnt matter what you do - its never good enough, or fair and balanced enough. coming from this situation, you can lead one school over another - its biased. You can give them equal coverage in photos, stories, stats and page placement - its still not good enough.

People can say what they want to about the Tribune, but they've done a commendable job covering Prep football this year and this comes from a "competitor"

My newspaper is a local newspaper, but the Tribune goes to serve the Lakeway Region. And they've done that this year, they've had steady mainstay coverage of East/West/and Jeff County and they've been at every Cocke County HS game and all but one Cosby HS game. They also have covered Rutledge on a regular basis and gave decent coverage to Cherokee and Claiborne County.

You folks have as good a soap opera going on as there is in the whole state. I can understand why there is so much animosity between the two schools since they are in the same town, but this is getting hilarious. Of course, this has been going on for quite a while. What is the answer for all of your 'woes'?

You folks have as good a soap opera going on as there is in the whole state. I can understand why there is so much animosity between the two schools since they are in the same town, but this is getting hilarious. Of course, this has been going on for quite a while. What is the answer for all of your 'woes'?

One high school?