Morristown East & West

splainshornets

I'm gonna have to agree with what someone else said about canefan72..Pointing out a specific parent is classless..

And about West having their own field...Well, if you've ever read the Tribune, you'd know that God himself went to East High. West is only the #2 football team in the state..And aside from sports, we have students competing for spots at Harvard, Duke, MIT, and other colleges year in and year out. After the East/West game when East's student section was put on the front of the paper, the CT was flooded with calls and complaints. Any outsider reading that paper would never know there were 2 High Schools in Hamblen County. East and West have NEVER been treated equal, and it's been that way since Morristown High School split...And East got to keep the mascot...And I wonder how many of the players that were on the East state championship team back then were zoned for West?

Anyway..West could play inside of the Panther Creek swimming pool and their would be more fans and a better atmosphere than at Burke Toney...

I'm guessing West plays at CNC on Friday night.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care whom your personal friends are,what is upsetting to you and don't care how much class you think you have nor do I care how much you think we don't have. West parents ,student body and players like to talk about class but there is a whole lot more to it than talking about it.

Maybe you can enlighten us...but then again, I doubt it.

72, I have it on good authority that the West coaching staff blamed East and not Mr. Clement. Yes, he is the one with final say, but West felt that we should have pulled out of that one on our own. I know that Don Woods called East upset over it.

Now on Friday it was 100 percent Mr. Johnson's call on if East and Boone played that game. He told me that himself. He and the athletic director made the call.

I wonder if West would have played if the roles were reversed? If their freshmen were undefeated, would they have played?

Without a doubt, yes!!!!!!! They would have played. They could care less about what conditions a cane team plays in but we are supposed to cater to them? Woods should be upset with the county,voters,BOE,etc. before he is upset with east. It is real simple Don. Late october,rain and a field that gets too much play=MUDHOLE. Blame god for the rain before you blame east for playing it's games as scheduled. This is tackle football, it gets played unless there is lightning or a tornado.

West fans crying about not being treated equal and saying someone has no class. LOL. I am truly sorry if I pointed out a sore spot or something. As I recall at the east west game, the west cheerleaders had taken our logo and changed the colors and turned it upside down but hey that is all good fun right? No one should be offended by that, right? West fans mouth off about "one and done" or "East should play at frank lorino" and that is OK, right? West fans are as disrespectful as any east fan could be. The difference is that when west does it, they don't realise they are doing it and when called on it, they think "well I live in windsor or hampton west, I am too civil to be disrespectful".

I'm gonna have to agree with what someone else said about canefan72..Pointing out a specific parent is classless..

And about West having their own field...Well, if you've ever read the Tribune, you'd know that God himself went to East High. West is only the #2 football team in the state..And aside from sports, we have students competing for spots at Harvard, Duke, MIT, and other colleges year in and year out. After the East/West game when East's student section was put on the front of the paper, the CT was flooded with calls and complaints. Any outsider reading that paper would never know there were 2 High Schools in Hamblen County. East and West have NEVER been treated equal, and it's been that way since Morristown High School split...And East got to keep the mascot...And I wonder how many of the players that were on the East state championship team back then were zoned for West?

Anyway..West could play inside of the Panther Creek swimming pool and their would be more fans and a better atmosphere than at Burke Toney...

I'm guessing West plays at CNC on Friday night.

This is really funny. Most East people call the Tribune the Trojan Tribune. Let's just be honest and look at it from an adult's perspective. The reason that the East kids were on front of the paper is because East was the home team this year. Try to remember that West has 2 radio stations that cover their games and both are owned by..........THE CITIZEN TRIBUNE. The sports editor, a friend of mine, is a graduate of.........MORRISTOWN WEST!!! Please look at the facts before spouting off things about the paper without knowing the facts.

Please do not be so blinded by misinformation as to not see that East has students competing for just as many prestigious awards as West. We have kids all over the place as well. Young man all you just did in that diatribe was to act like West is superior to anything East has. If that was your goal, then you should be proud. I have been heavily involved with both schools and I promise you that they are both great. They are different in their own ways, but you can get a great education from either. (I have had relatives attend both) The Blue Ribbon Award was no fluke.

If East had the winning tradition in football that West currently has, you can bet your bottom dollar that we would have just as great a crowd as you all presently enjoy. We do not have that tradition of excellence and do not enjoy the fruits from it.

Just please do not spout off the West High "whoa is me" mantra that so many like to play. Both schools are better than that!

West fans crying about not being treated equal and saying someone has no class. LOL. I am truly sorry if I pointed out a sore spot or something. As I recall at the east west game, the west cheerleaders had taken our logo and changed the colors and turned it upside down but hey that is all good fun right? No one should be offended by that, right? West fans mouth off about "one and done" or "East should play at frank lorino" and that is OK, right? West fans are as disrespectful as any east fan could be. The difference is that when west does it, they don't realise they are doing it and when called on it, they think "well I live in windsor or hampton west, I am too civil to be disrespectful".

See..I never pointed out anything that East does that is disrespectful..I pointed out that the paper has an East High bias and that's how it has always been..And I pointed out that YOU were singling out a parent, which is probably not the most classy thing to do....And you think that drawing a logo upside down is disrespectful? But I'm sure having t-shirts that say "Trash the Trojans" is very classy in your opinion..And when those were made, it didn't bother me one bit...Neither did the 44-20 shirts..Because when West wins..We don't have to put the score on a t-shirt so that we can remember that we won.

This is really funny. Most East people call the Tribune the Trojan Tribune. Let's just be honest and look at it from an adult's perspective. The reason that the East kids were on front of the paper is because East was the home team this year. Try to remember that West has 2 radio stations that cover their games and both are owned by..........THE CITIZEN TRIBUNE. The sports editor, a friend of mine, is a graduate of.........MORRISTOWN WEST!!! Please look at the facts before spouting off things about the paper without knowing the facts.

Please do not be so blinded by misinformation as to not see that East has students competing for just as many prestigious awards as West. We have kids all over the place as well. Young man all you just did in that diatribe was to act like West is superior to anything East has. If that was your goal, then you should be proud. I have been heavily involved with both schools and I promise you that they are both great. They are different in their own ways, but you can get a great education from either. (I have had relatives attend both) The Blue Ribbon Award was no fluke.

If East had the winning tradition in football that West currently has, you can bet your bottom dollar that we would have just as great a crowd as you all presently enjoy. We do not have that tradition of excellence and do not enjoy the fruits from it.

Just please do not spout off the West High "whoa is me" mantra that so many like to play. Both schools are better than that!

Well first of all, the term is "Woe is me"..And as for the Blue Ribbon Award, if it were only based on academic merit, I highly doubt East or West could have won it....And I'm not even going to argue with you on the fact about the newspaper..I've talked to East and West graduates..Teachers at West that went to East, and adults I know that went to East, and they even said that East has always been paid more attention to. But ya know, it really doesn't matter, because West hasn't lost a regular season game since I was a sophomore and I could care less if the Tribune ever reported another West score...

See..I never pointed out anything that East does that is disrespectful..I pointed out that the paper has an East High bias and that's how it has always been..And I pointed out that YOU were singling out a parent, which is probably not the most classy thing to do....And you think that drawing a logo upside down is disrespectful? But I'm sure having t-shirts that say "Trash the Trojans" is very classy in your opinion..And when those were made, it didn't bother me one bit...Neither did the 44-20 shirts..Because when West wins..We don't have to put the score on a t-shirt so that we can remember that we won.

Thu. night, our Freshman team wrapped up a perfect season and was probably the best ever at East by going 8-0 and outscoring our opponents 241-24. The "east biased" tribune made no mention of this, a morristown team. Instead they had a story about the Cherokke-Volunteers game. If it had been pro-east as you say, there would have been a article on the front page. I myself don't agree with any tshirts talking trash but if it did not bother you then why did you bring it up?

Well first of all, the term is "Woe is me"..And as for the Blue Ribbon Award, if it were only based on academic merit, I highly doubt East or West could have won it....And I'm not even going to argue with you on the fact about the newspaper..I've talked to East and West graduates..Teachers at West that went to East, and adults I know that went to East, and they even said that East has always been paid more attention to. But ya know, it really doesn't matter, because West hasn't lost a regular season game since I was a sophomore and I could care less if the Tribune ever reported another West score...

Then why did you bring it up if you don't care?

Thu. night, our Freshman team wrapped up a perfect season and was probably the best ever at East by going 8-0 and outscoring our opponents 241-24. The "east biased" tribune made no mention of this, a morristown team. Instead they had a story about the Cherokke-Volunteers game. If it had been pro-east as you say, there would have been a article on the front page. I myself don't agree with any tshirts talking trash but if it did not bother you then why did you bring it up?

Actually, the CT did report it in Today's paper..

Thanks for catching my whoa. (I didn't check what spell check threw up there) I would start pointing out your typos, but that is not what adults do. Childish game. I am not worried about a senior in high school trying to show me up.

Yes, I know of the West High English teacher who always says that East gets more attention and West gets nothing, but the FACTS seem to differ. When the Citizen Tribune has two radio stations covering your games, a sports editor that is a West High graduate, an editor calling the play-by-play on the radio, and Fishman's relatives going to West, it seems to say that you all have the advantage. The thing is that I feel that it is even. Try not to get too caught up in one teacher's vendetta against East.

Brian Trent, the sports editor, has done a great job of keeping it even. If he is showing East more than West, then he must have issues with people from his alma mater. That is not East's fault. I still say Brian does a great job!

If the Tribune was not a touchy subject, I doubt you would have brought it up.

BTW, I have noticed a few t-shirts about East over at West. That goes both ways. I take it as a rivalry.

Just for the record.....PUT THE SCHOOLS BACK TOGETHER!!!