Franklin vs. Hendersonville

Corndog69

A fluke loss...sounds like tonight's loss was a fluke as well.

What about the two Ravenwood losses last year? I heard several Franklin people refer to those as 'flukes.'

Excuses, anyone?

Good teams find a way to win. Give credit to Hendersonville.

Sorry for confusing your team of choice...your harsh comments made me assume you were a Centennial fan. I expected a bit more class out of a Franklin Rebel supporter.

#1-Ravenwood only had one loss last year against a very strong, very capable Brentwood Academy

#2-Being a Centennial fan I must ask; what did we do?

About the game, this was just Franklin at its worst. If you ask me, this looks like a typical Clayton flaw of not preparing enough for the game. I think all it was is Franklin underestimating their opponent and looking ahead to round two. Seriously, this was supposed to be the one game from the 5/6 matchup that wasn't supposed to be close! Franklin expected the Mighty Commandos to roll over and and play dead. That didn't happen and Franklin payed the ultimate price.

Congratulations to Hendersonville in this game.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1-Ravenwood only had one loss last year against a very strong, very capable Brentwood Academy

#2-Being a Centennial fan I must ask; what did we do?

About the game, this was just Franklin at its worst. If you ask me, this looks like a typical Clayton flaw of not preparing enough for the game. I think all it was is Franklin underestimating their opponent and looking ahead to round two. Seriously, this was supposed to be the one game from the 5/6 matchup that wasn't supposed to be close! Franklin expected the Mighty Commandos to roll over and and play dead. That didn't happen and Franklin payed the ultimate price.

Congratulations to Hendersonville in this game.

I was talking about the two losses Franklin had to Ravenwood.

Also, I was referring to his comments about Independence. You Centennial fans were very eager to absolutely bash the Eagles when they started to lose games. Franklin fans just stayed out of the discussions, sans the ocassional reference to the loss being a fluke. That's why I thought he was a Centennial fan, because Franklin fans usually have bigger and better things to worry about.

Do those responses suffice?

Edited by donathan5507

I was talking about the two losses Franklin had to Ravenwood.

Also, I was referring to his comments about Independence. You Centennial fans were very eager to absolutely bash the Eagles when they started to lose games. Franklin fans just stayed out of the discussions, sans the ocassional reference to the loss being a fluke. That's why I thought he was a Centennial fan, because Franklin fans usually have bigger and better things to worry about.

Do those responses suffice?

All year long I had said that Independence was overrated and the Franklin game was a fluke. The bashing was just our lttle way of saying "I told you so". Plus at Centennial, we can't really talk about our team, so we like to bash others.

on top of their game hahaha and in case u need more hahahaha sorry HHS has been too inconsistant... and who is gonna cover franklins UT commitment...i had nothing but love for HHS all season but now after dropping the Hunters Lane game in which they were clearly better i dont know if i have faith in my boys anymore...plus HHS running that 5-2 defense dosent get enough pressure on the QB...Our best lineman is at noseguard and gets trippled on passes then we got one fast tackle and one slow one and our ends just contain(which they dont do a great job of) i hate to say it because the boys have done a great job of stopping the run but to get pressure on the QB they need to make a defensive change no matter what if they wanna stop the pass... i would run a blitzing 4-3 cause i think we have enough athletes to pull it off pluss we got a solid group of LB's and it would only help them make plays putting pressure on the sophomore QB will stop them from passing and they could have a saftey spy the UT commitment all night

Keep laughin budy. I said when they were on top of their game and they were and they won. Oh and by the way franklins UT commitment not one catch, Carlton shut him down. The qb couldnt even throw it to him most of the time because he was covered so well and when he did Carlton was there to break it up.

Keep laughin budy. I said when they were on top of their game and they were and they won. Oh and by the way franklins UT commitment not one catch, Carlton shut him down. The qb couldnt even throw it to him most of the time because he was covered so well and when he did Carlton was there to break it up.

Actually, Campbell (the UT Committ) has had a mediocre season, but it hasn't really been his fault. He really has been limited to returning punts and I applaud Hendersonville's decision to kick it out of bounds all night. Campbell exploded out of the gates last year mainly in part due to the strong passing game. However, Franklin has struggled to find a QB with a good arm and Campbell's stats has paid the price. He is still a good athlete who makes plays, they just can't get the ball to him.

Im watchin the tape right now....man i didnt realize how many penalties Franklin had. Also right now im at 6:16 in the 4th and Sellers and Nichols have been switching out since half time which i also didnt catch last night. I heard that Sellers was hurt guess not. Bad mistake on the coaches part. Overall Franklin was strong all night but penalties and turnovers killed them. We will be back next year though and hopefully the coaches will ahve it all together then.

Thats not an excuse thats simply a statement of what happened. If i remember right uve had your share of excuses this year too.

Look back at my posts and you will never see me make an excuse for how we played. Regardless of Indy missing the playoffs I am extremely proud of the way they played. No excuses from me. You make it sound like both of your QBs were injured prior to the game. I remember one of them getting laid out by Consiglio that put him out of the game. Don't make it sound like it was just dumb luck. See you next year.

Did we all see the same game? How about some rambling notes:

*Franklin's defense has been over-pursuing all year long, playing the risk/reward game. In Hendersonville's Wing-T, they got themselves in trouble many times by over-pursuing plays that took time to develop and when they did, the defenders were out of position. Great defense, but a Wing-T offense is the worst thing for it to face because the T takes patience to stop. Plus, how many times this year has Franklin seen the T?

*The ability of Hendersonville to control the ball kept that gambling defense on the field, giving multiple opportunities for one mistake. That's all it takes in a play-off game.

*Franklin fell from the same problem they've been able to hide all year: No real QB. Sellers has wheels, but no arm and looked a little rattled a couple of times. Credit lack of experience in the situation a bit, but most credit goes to the Hendersonville defense. Both sides were brining the wood and Sellers got more than his share. And somebody's head was not in the game, i.e., the one play where Sellers took the snap, went right for a belly fake and everybody else was going left. That was not planned.

As for Nichols, kids got an arm, but didn't look very mobile, and he, too, looked rattled several times. If you could combine these two, the Rebs might still be playing. FHS is one solid, bright QB away from really making noise in the play-offs. Too bad for Todd Campbell.

*You have to respect the excellent prep and heart of the Hendersonville team. They have to be one of the best 5-5 teams entering the playoffs and have a chance to get a little revenge this week. I saw them on CSS against Gallatin, too, and they had a real chance to win that game. Catch here is can they remain consistent for three or four more weeks.

*Finally, this game was decided by a kick-off and a penalty. H'ville had kicked out of bounds all night (to avoid Campbell), giving Franklin the chance to start at the 35. On the last one, the Rebs refused the penalty, forcing a rekick. Franklin returns to the 33 (-2), then eats a block-in-the-back penalty and starts at their own 15 (-20 yards). Graham hooks up for a 46-yard pass, giving Franklin the ball at the Hendersonville 39. Add back the 20 yards lost on the KO and Franklin is at the H'ville 19, not the 39, kicks a 36 yard FG and the game goes into OT.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda........

VI :thumb:

Couple of comments on this string about Franklin's QB situation and Coach Clayton.

As to QB situation, I've said before that Franklin's Matt Solima and Michael Mikrut were special QBs that don't just grow on trees. Having seen both of them progress through all 4 years, I can tell you that both Sellars and Nichols are better this year as sophomores than either Matt or Michael were as sophomores. Great things are ahead for both!

As to impressions of Coach Clayton, remember that he too had big shoes to fill in those of Danny Nowell. I guess it depends on your style, as to how wide open you like to see an offense vs. smash mouth, and how well you adapt your play calling to other strengths and weaknesses in your offense. Keep in mind too that Clayton is in a pretty tough fraternity of coaches in Williamson County. If I had to choose up sides and were picking an OC I'd go 1) Nowell 2) Rector 3) Crawford 4) Smith 5) Clayton. Not a bad group to chose from!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Hendersonville did cover Campbell good he was held to one catch for 6 yards, but the DBs had a lot of help. Since the McGavok game this was the first time ive seen hendersonville put pressure on the opposing Qb (I did miss a few games). #50 was putting pressure on all night. If you could tell me where he is being looked at that would be appreciated. Darrien Roper had a great game and the pass game is clicking. Maybe HHS has finally hit its peek at the right time of the year.

Been out since the game, so I am late with my Congratulations to Hendersonville.

Hendersonville did exactly what teams need to do in the playoff's, solid mistake free football - and intensity raised to another level.

Franklin lacked both. Four turnovers at this time of year will almost always determine the outcome. Lack of controlled intensity will also spell disasiter in the playoffs. It seemed as though the sidelines were lacking a sense of urgency or spark to carry this team to the next level.

Best of luck to the Seniors from both teams, and to the underclassmen - learn from this and build on it.

Edited by faninthestand

Couple of comments on this string about Franklin's QB situation and Coach Clayton.

As to QB situation, I've said before that Franklin's Matt Solima and Michael Mikrut were special QBs that don't just grow on trees. Having seen both of them progress through all 4 years, I can tell you that both Sellars and Nichols are better this year as sophomores than either Matt or Michael were as sophomores. Great things are ahead for both!

As to impressions of Coach Clayton, remember that he too had big shoes to fill in those of Danny Nowell. I guess it depends on your style, as to how wide open you like to see an offense vs. smash mouth, and how well you adapt your play calling to other strengths and weaknesses in your offense. Keep in mind too that Clayton is in a pretty tough fraternity of coaches in Williamson County. If I had to choose up sides and were picking an OC I'd go 1) Nowell 2) Rector 3) Crawford 4) Smith 5) Clayton. Not a bad group to chose from!

WHAT A BITE YA GOTTA LOVE IT. SCEAYTEM BIGDOGDADDY