Kingston at Carter

GOLF07

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asolutely amazing. Is it impossible for a fan of a Region 2 team to actually admit a team beat you? Let me let you in on a little secret, Region 2 is not the tougest region in the state top to bottom. It's living on the hype of 2 teams, and that is it. Actually, as a overall region, I might rank it as low as 4th in the state this year behind regions 7, 4, and 5.

Carter had a bad second half and still won by 2 TDs. I did not think Kingston was that good, basically a one man team. Their line should have absolutely dominated the game tonight but stood up every time the ball was snapped and couldn't stop the Carter run game. Cold nights are made for big linemen to dominate, and they didn't.

They made the playoffs because outside of the big 2, Region 2 wasn't as strong as the bottom feeders claim it is in order to make themselves feel better this year. Carter whipped you, period. Get over it.

Congrats go to Carter. Good luck against Fulton.

Ok...If Region 2 isn't the hardest region in the state prove it next week..Our #2 is bout to spank you and you R the #1 in that region..To tell you the truth your team is alrite but if you was in Region 2 then the game last nite would have been for 4th place..Not to mention this..Gibbs played in Region 2 and never made play-offs even with the weaker opponents of Lenoir City and Loudon of that time period..They mke play-offs in your Region with a 3-7 record when LA,AC, or Scott(who didn't make play-offs in region 2) could have probably earned that 4th spot in your Region...Another thing Count the Rings..How many does Region 2 have compared to any other...It don't matter about the stronger 2 teams all that means is if you played in our region you would have more Ls on your record..Kingston was the strongest of th weaker teams in our region but if they was in yours then they wouldve been #2 this year and IMO #1 last year(and they didn't even make play-offs)

Gibbs made the playoffs as members of 2-3A in 1995, 1996, 1997

to argue the strength of Region 2-3A is stupid.

Fulton & Catholic are the two best teams in the state of TN

Almost 10 yrs ago....That's something to say. And arguing is stupid because it is undoubtly #1...Think about this...when you go into a region game it determines basically 2 things 1) Your Season-If you make play-offs or not 2)Which one of these teams will be the State Champion at the end of November.

Region 2 was weaker this year than usual but last yr. if you put the Top 6 teams in any region of the state in 3A then they are gonna either win the Region or come in 2nd place...What other region can match that.

Instead of saying they are not prove it..Atleast give an argument of some sort.

Ok...If Region 2 isn't the hardest region in the state prove it next week..Our #2 is bout to spank you and you R the #1 in that region..To tell you the truth your team is alrite but if you was in Region 2 then the game last nite would have been for 4th place..Not to mention this..Gibbs played in Region 2 and never made play-offs even with the weaker opponents of Lenoir City and Loudon of that time period..They mke play-offs in your Region with a 3-7 record when LA,AC, or Scott(who didn't make play-offs in region 2) could have probably earned that 4th spot in your Region...Another thing Count the Rings..How many does Region 2 have compared to any other...It don't matter about the stronger 2 teams all that means is if you played in our region you would have more Ls on your record..Kingston was the strongest of th weaker teams in our region but if they was in yours then they wouldve been #2 this year and IMO #1 last year(and they didn't even make play-offs)

I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about 2006.

Region 1 is a weak region. Region 2 is bettert than Region 1. But Region 2 is not the same region it has been in years past and I think from top to bottom there are regions that are equal with it, if not better. Seymour, Claiborne, and Gibbs all would give Kingston a good game. I think teams from Region 7 (Crockett Co. and Dyersburg) would blow AE and Kingston out of the water and give Fulton and Catholic all they wanted. I think AE has come around, but I'm not sold they have either until they win a close ballgame. Sorry to say something other than I am going to bow down to the Region 2 teams and worship them, but besides the top 2, I'm really not impressed with anyone in region 2 in 06.

Just to add to it, please tell me the great teams that Region 2 beat this year. Right now Catholic has a 1 point win over a 7-3 Webb team. Fulton has beaten Alcoa and I'll even give you Boyd-Buchanan as a quality win. As for out of regtion records, Region 1 went 14-14. Region 2 went 19-9. Region 7 went 24-4.

I do believe Fulton will beat Carter Friday. I don't think it will be as bad as last time (I don't think Carter can play as bad as they did in the second half again), but Fulton has more athletes and should win. I don't see them overlooking Carter, and unless they play horribly, they will win.

Edited by Solomon

I clearly stated that this yr. I think Region 2 is weaker than usual but if we go into the past yrs. their is no question that Region 2 is the toughest..And yes Knox. Fulton and Catholic are the 2 best 3A teams in the state but what point does that prove.And as far as Gibbs and Claiborne beating Kingston is a joke. The only one who could probably even match Kingston is Seymour due to their skill players...This thread is over and i gurantee you in 4 wks. Region 2 3A will be bringing home another gold ball.

i gurantee you in 4 wks. Region 2 3A will be bringing home another gold ball.

Why do these guys get on here and make guarantees? If you want to make guarantees, make it cost you something if you're wrong. As it is, these guys run their mouths and make guarantees and then just make some more when those don't pan out. You can't guarantree anything - you can make odds and if you want to make reasonable odds and put your money where your mouth is, some of us will surely take you up on it. How about it?