• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the game maybe moved too thursday night. The speed Morristown

East has in their back field is really hard to stop. This type of speed is hard

to stop unless you see it in a game. Their is no team that Johnson Co has

played with East Speed. Go Canes!

I think Tennessee High might argue that with you. Maybe with a couple upsets we can see them play in a few weeks.

I think the game maybe moved too thursday night. The speed Morristown

East has in their back field is really hard to stop. This type of speed is hard

to stop unless you see it in a game. Their is no team that Johnson Co has

played with East Speed. Go Canes!

There is no doubt that East is fast, but I do not know if Johnson Co has not played a fast team. Sullivan South and Tennessee High are both pretty fast historically, but I have not seen them this year.

If Johnson Co plays sound football and the players on defense play their position and stay in their lanes they do have a chance to win. However, the East offense is full of misdirection and many options. Every play looks the same and the ball is very easy to loose (up in the stands), so I am sure it is even worse on the field. If the Johnson Co defense bites too early, East's speed will leave them in the dust (or should I say mud). On the other hand, if the Johnson Co defense plays their position and makes East have long third downs they have a chance.

The points per game for each team is fairly close on both sides of the ball: East averages 30.8 ppg while giving up 18.7 ppg, Johnson Co averages 24.8 ppg while giving up 12.9 ppg. East strength is their running game and that will eat up too much clock if it is not stopped. I do not see Johnson Co getting enough stops. That being said, I believe it will be a close game with East getting the win.

This is not your average JC team. They are not slow. No super human speed but definately not slow. JC has a speedster with moves that comes out of their backfield and two recievers who can get up and go also. On defense they don't get pulled out of position. They each cover their area and count on their teammates to do the same. I think it will be a great high school football game. East had better not look for a walk thru.

The Longhorn D will need to play very disciplined against the 'Canes this week because the East offense has not been held to less than 20 points all season long. Likewise, the Longhorn offense will need to score more than their average of 25 ppg to give themselves a realistic chance to moving on to the 2nd round.

The game will be on Thursday if West decides to play at Burke-Toney (Morristown) and on Friday if West moves their game to Burke-Tarr (Carson Newman)

Why does everyone have to wait until 'West' decides. Isn't there someone else who would make that decision? I'd play at CN if it were my decision.