Overton 14 49-373 1-4-0 37 1-0 3-26.7

Penalties

Independence 3-40

Overton 8-65

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Total

Independence 7 6 7 7 27

Overton 6 12 7 7 32

Scoring summary

O- Daniel White 1 run. (Run failed.) I- Issac Baugh 53 pass from Zach Cordell. (Veries kick.) O- White 6 run. (Pass fail.) I- Veres 8 pass from Cordell. (Pass failed.) O- Charles Jackson 54 run. (Pass fail.) I- Chris Darnell 29 pass from Cordell. (Veres kick.) O- White 72 run. (Kick good.) O- Jackson 3 run. (Kick good.) I- Darnell 7 pass from Cordell. (Ty Stannard kick.)

Now we know the outcome had there been 5 spots for the playofffs.....Independence still loses. Now we can move on to the big boys tomorrow night and see some good Williamson and Dickson Co. football be played.

Edited by lax4life32

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually a very well-played game. Cordell had a great game going 28-42 for 408 and 4 TD with no picks.

Darnell had 14 catches for 183 and 2 TD. Awesome game.

Tough to see these seniors go...they've been the foundation of the IHS program ever since it started two years ago and all of the sudden they won't be there. Emotional night for these guys. Good luck to every one of them because they all deserve the best in this world.

It's been a great season. Go Eagles.

After coming out of the gates 7-0, the high flying Eagles get brought rather descisevly back down to earth by dropping 4 out of their last 5 games.

In the end, the record accurately reflected your team's abilities. Learning experience for everyone. What you do in the next few years will show if your program has staying power, or is a flash in the pan.

This is a very tough region, and the playoffs are even tougher.

Went out to see the Eagles wrap up their season and walked away with several conclusions:

This Indy team appeared lifeless for most of the game...as if they did not really care about this game, win or lose. It was also very apparent that the Indy followers did not care about this game either...since the crowd was very SMALL in size. I was pretty disappointed in the turnout! I had someone tell me that the crowd for the Columbia game (senior night) was also fairly small for Indy standards. Sounds like to me that the Indy "faithful" are not so "faithful", or at least "faithful" when they want to be! Indy followers....back your team at all times, through thick and thin. Your team will need this type of support in such a tough region!

I will say that Overton showed up to play and did care about winning this game, so hats off to the Bobcats.

Eagles, take the experiences from a successful 2006 season and build on them in 2007!

THE 2006 OVERTON BOBCATS:

They have to be considered the best team in the state to have not made the playoffs this year. Terry Anderson does a great job there and the results on a year in and year out basis prove me correct. Daniel White is a great back by the way and I wish him the best as well because he's one heck of a football player and is living proof that you can "never judge a book by it's cover" :thumb:

THE 2006 OVERTON BOBCATS:

They have to be considered the best team in the state to have not made the playoffs this year. Terry Anderson does a great job there and the results on a year in and year out basis prove me correct. Daniel White is a great back by the way and I wish him the best as well because he's one heck of a football player and is living proof that you can "never judge a book by it's cover" :thumb:

Actually i would say Overton is proabably better than Independence (just goin out on a limb) so that would put htem ahead of Indy in the "Best team who didnt make the playoffs BS Poll"