Who will be the new coach at Clay Co?

celinabaseball

Who will be the new head football coach at Clay Co? McDaniel tells fans this is it for him. He said low scores, runaway games, and parents have "taken the joy out of the game." Who will be the top candidates for the position?

I have no clue about anyone from the outside applying for the job, but there are 3 on the current staff that should be given a chance.

Bobby Oakley off. cord. has been around the game for more than 40 yrs. as a player and coach. But his private business in Celina probably takes up his time to devote it on the head coach position.

David Maxfield def. cord. and ex Bulldog is a good young coach that should also be given some consideration. David is a perfect role model for the kids and would give everything he had to help his Dawgs be the best they could be.

Mark Winningham has been around the football circle with stops at YAI- Smith Co.- Beech High and not mistaken was on the LA staff yrs ago. Mark has great knowledge on the game of football. And I'm sure he would give his all if given the chance. I'm glad to see Mark come back around home and I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does.

I'm sure the Clay Co. school administrators would like to get the best coach possible and any of the three would do a good job. Besides if Clay is anything like most schools there's not that many teaching positions open for a coaching staff to come in when you already have them filled with your own people.

Just wondering if coach Mac will stay on at Clay Co. I know he also coached baseball and had some great teams. I want to thank coach Mac for given me an opportunity to get back into coaching as a volunteer in 2005. However my work prevented me from finishing up what I started and also high gas prices played a major role too :lol: . Good luck in the future to coach Mac in whatever he does.

Edited by Rocking Chair

hearing that if coach mccoin does go to clay that his son brannon the qb stays AT LA NO MATTER WHAT

From what I can gather coach McCoin has some interest in a couple of jobs in Ga. I think he's looking for an early retirement situation. I believe the pay scale is more than double for a teacher and coach compared to TN scale.

And about his son going with him that would be left up to him and whether or not he wants to leave LA. Whatever coach decides I wish him the best always.