Any Word What Briarcrest is Going To Do About A New Coach?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard if Briarcrest is going to hire a new football coach or a new staff?

This is a sign of how 'cut throat' our society has become. The coach at Briarcrest replaced a very good coach and in his first season they had a very disappointing year. Dismal at best. Every one likes to think that they aren't a cut throat type person, but let your winning school fall on hard times in a particular sport in which they were good. Firethecoach.coms will pop up out of the woodwork.

Nevermind that Briarcreast is a very excellent private school that it's graduates reap huge benifiets just because they attended this fine institution and they have received a top notch education.

Winning is EVEYTHING! So what if these coaches have families. So what if these coaches probably spend more time at the school then they do with their own families. So what if they have signed contracts with this institution to coach for a particular time period. Losing is UNACCEPTABLE. Forget these folks families. Forget the mortages and whatever else responsiblities they may have. Fire them now! Who cares what they do for a livivng, as long as we WIN! Don't give them any time to establish themselves or a system or anything. They didn't win. Their team stunk. FIRE THEM NOW and go out and hire someone else! If we don't win, at least be respectable!

It's PRIDE plain and simple. Your team didn't win. They lost miserably. You hate it. Therefore ... the coach must go! I don't care how elequent you respond to my statements ... this kind of thinking stinks to high heaven! Period!

This thinking permeates all the way down to youth football. I'm not exagerating either. I'm sure there are those involved in youth athletics that have witnessed it as I have. I can understand it in the professional ranks. Those orginizations are in it for the money. I can understand big time college football. Those schools are in it for the money as well ... let's not kid ourselves, why else do we not have a playoff in D-1 college football? Now ... it's in high school, middle school and youth football as well. This is a prime example.

That's my $0.02 worth.

That's my $0.02 worth.

KWC, that was very eloquently put, but if I may add a few things into this equation and please don't take this as any disrespect towards you:

-It has been two seasons and things are not looking up.

-The young men were not as well prepared as they should have been and actually should have been much more competitive than they were.

-The coaches are fine men and yes they do have familes. This causes me much concern during this time and I truly want the best for all concerned; young men, coaches and the program.

I hope this helps others to better understand the situation. In a perfect world we would not have to be discussing this type of issue, but we don't live in perfect world. Yes we do take things like this much more seriously than we should and we should relax and enjoy what we have.

I hope to meet you at one of the upcoming play-off games, as I have always found your post to be informed and positive. Two quality attributes that I like in people that I enjoy being around.

This is a sign of how 'cut throat' our society has become. The coach at Briarcrest replaced a very good coach and in his first season they had a very disappointing year. Dismal at best. Every one likes to think that they aren't a cut throat type person, but let your winning school fall on hard times in a particular sport in which they were good. Firethecoach.coms will pop up out of the woodwork.

I know nothing about this situation - but just wandered what your opinion is about "how many years of dismal seasons" until you think a change needs to be made. Is 3 years an adequate time period to get the job done? How many students does Briarcrest have and how many of them play varsity football? Just curious.

That whole post was baloney. They pay coaches to win. Just like in every job, if you do it poorly you get fired. Even if your employees do a bad job you get fired.Iit's the same in coaching. If these guys were in the private sector they would have to produce to stay employed but in the public sector there are too many people like you that want everyone to get a trophy.

Ole Dad

Nevermind that Briarcreast is a very excellent private school that it's graduates reap huge benifiets just because they attended this fine institution and they have received a top notch education.

Winning is EVEYTHING! So what if these coaches have families. So what if these coaches probably spend more time at the school then they do with their own families. So what if they have signed contracts with this institution to coach for a particular time period. Losing is UNACCEPTABLE. Forget these folks families. Forget the mortages and whatever else responsiblities they may have. Fire them now! Who cares what they do for a livivng, as long as we WIN! Don't give them any time to establish themselves or a system or anything. They didn't win. Their team stunk. FIRE THEM NOW and go out and hire someone else! If we don't win, at least be respectable!

It's PRIDE plain and simple. Your team didn't win. They lost miserably. You hate it. Therefore ... the coach must go! I don't care how elequent you respond to my statements ... this kind of thinking stinks to high heaven! Period!

This thinking permeates all the way down to youth football. I'm not exagerating either. I'm sure there are those involved in youth athletics that have witnessed it as I have. I can understand it in the professional ranks. Those orginizations are in it for the money. I can understand big time college football. Those schools are in it for the money as well ... let's not kid ourselves, why else do we not have a playoff in D-1 college football? Now ... it's in high school, middle school and youth football as well. This is a prime example.

That's my $0.02 worth.

That whole post was baloney. They pay coaches to win. Just like in every job, if you do it poorly you get fired. Even if your employees do a bad job you get fired.Iit's the same in coaching. If these guys were in the private sector they would have to produce to stay employed but in the public sector there are too many people like you that want everyone to get a trophy.

Ole Dad

I'm not a eveybody gets a trophy kind of guy. I'm also not a fire a head coach after a couple of seasons type of guy either. I'm very ... VERY competative! Some say too much. That being said ... I still think it stinks ... I don't give a flip what you think Ole Dad!

You have that right and so do I. So until you decide a coach has had enough seasons of "opportunity" everyone else it wrong? Heck, just give them all a trpohy and nobody's feelings get hurt.

Ole Dad

I'm not a eveybody gets a trophy kind of guy. I'm also not a fire a head coach after a couple of seasons type of guy either. I'm very ... VERY competative! Some say too much. That being said ... I still think it stinks ... I don't give a flip what you think Ole Dad!