JEFFERSON COUNTY FOOTBALL

Warlock

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, you would have a pretty good team w/ this years WP and Maury team. Sounds like it is time for our county to have 2 schools.

The thing I don't like patriotman, is that some of the school board commissioners are talking shared facilities, athletics and other things.

The thing I don't like patriotman, is that some of the school board commissioners are talking shared facilities, athletics and other things.

Coach Ellis and Sanders have did a good job of gettin the kids out at WP. Last year they had 20 something, this year 45. One of their stud backs Jonathan Allison tore his acl in football this season though and is giving it up to concentrate on bball from what I hear.

This is where the costs comes into play, IMO the better solution is to keep 9th grade in the middle schools. I know the school board finally approved the building of an auditorium, do you expect them to build two when it took them so long to get one? Its just too expensive IMO for 2 schools, unless we raise taxes of course, which is never popular.

As far as athletics go, two high schools would be the better solution. Now cost wise, it may not be.

I know the latest plan allotted part of the 55 million they already have for two new elementary schools, part to renovation of the hs, and that should leave 12 million for a new hs.

Its gonna cost money either way so I say go for a new hs. You are either going to have to fund two junior high schools, expand the middle schools to occupy the ninth graders etc. Two HSs would be the best long-term solution.

Lamarr Brown and Kenny Ratledge from Sevier County you would think would be the two leading candidates should the job open up. Both understand what Patriot football is all about, plus know a lot of the kids in the county from having coached against them and just living in the area.

thats sounds great...those are two qualified guys.. i also heard Coach David Cutcliffe's name thrown into the mix as well..who do you think would be better for the program?

Good questions, but I agree w/ King that in the long run it would save money to go ahead w/ 2nd HS. I am just glad to see some progress from the SB.

Speaking of progress, how about a JCHS thread that has stayed open for more than 2 days?

Edited by PatriotMan

Coach Ellis and Sanders have did a good job of gettin the kids out at WP. Last year they had 20 something, this year 45. One of their stud backs Jonathan Allison tore his acl in football this season though and is giving it up to concentrate on bball from what I hear.

They had so many they had to borrow uniforms to practice with. There is nothing new in the water. WP has had a very, very, successful program for the past few years. You can count the losses for the past few years on 1 hand. They also have had a "Thunder Bowl" after the season is over and absolutely devistated the best Morristown and Green Co had to offer. They beat Maury in the jamboree this year too. From what I hear, Maury and Jeff City don't want none.

Funding shouldn't be an issue. This county is growing by leaps and bounds. They need to do like Blount Co did. Put a $3,000.00 tax on every new home built to pay for a new school. And another thing, all these darn yankees moving in here and dividing up farms and making mini estates need to be taxed through the wazoo!!!! And don't even get me started on illegals.