JEFFERSON COUNTY FOOTBALL

Warlock

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had so many they had to borrow uniforms to practice with. There is nothing new in the water. WP has had a very, very, successful program for the past few years. You can count the losses for the past few years on 1 hand. They also have had a "Thunder Bowl" after the season is over and absolutely devistated the best Morristown and Green Co had to offer. They beat Maury in the jamboree this year too. From what I hear, Maury and Jeff City don't want none.

You heard wrong when it comes to JMS. The night of the Meet the Patriots I am told the 2 coaches agreed to play a quarter. The JMS team waited for thirty minutes till WP and Maury finished. The WP coach then told the JMS coach they had changed their mind. Not that it really matters. The thing is w/ all the talent coming through this county the fans should have something to cheer about soon.

Coach Ellis and Sanders have did a good job of gettin the kids out at WP. Last year they had 20 something, this year 45. One of their stud backs Jonathan Allison tore his acl in football this season though and is giving it up to concentrate on bball from what I hear.

white pine last year (05) was led by jonathan allison at rb, jesse johnson at qb, and brad mason at rb and all three got all conference honors along with what im pretty sure white pines 1st conference championship. this year was basically the same as winning but johnson left so mason took over and did a fine job. anyways lets get back to jchs..

You heard wrong when it comes to JMS. The night of the Meet the Patriots I am told the 2 coaches agreed to play a quarter. The JMS team waited for thirty minutes till WP and Maury finished. The WP coach then told the JMS coach they had changed their mind. Not that it really matters. The thing is w/ all the talent coming through this county the fans should have something to cheer about soon.

There are no doubts of the talent PatriotMan, thats not what has me worried

white pine last year (05) was led by jonathan allison at rb, jesse johnson at qb, and brad mason at rb and all three got all conference honors along with what im pretty sure white pines 1st conference championship. this year was basically the same as winning but johnson left so mason took over and did a fine job. anyways lets get back to jchs..

The two years before '05, White Pine only lost one game each season but because the lack of a playoff, they didnt get a chance to be champs. Last year was the first year they were champs and I believe this year is the first time they have ever went undefeated. White Pine has always been pretty good but nobody really notices. I wish all the jeff co middle schools played in the same conference.

The two years before '05, White Pine only lost one game each season but because the lack of a playoff, they didnt get a chance to be champs. Last year was the first year they were champs and I believe this year is the first time they have ever went undefeated. White Pine has always been pretty good but nobody really notices. I wish all the jeff co middle schools played in the same conference.

I just hope we don't lose any more kids to Carter, Sevier Co. or Morristown West. I did hear that the mason kid will not play for JCHS and will transfer to West. I hope it is just a rumor. He is a very fine athlete.

Edited by Warlock

Funding shouldn't be an issue. This county is growing by leaps and bounds. They need to do like Blount Co did. Put a $3,000.00 tax on every new home built to pay for a new school. And another thing, all these darn yankees moving in here and dividing up farms and making mini estates need to be taxed through the wazoo!!!! And don't even get me started on illegals.

The problem is, the County Commissioners actually lowered taxes this year in an attempt to get re-elected. Our taxes are ridiculously low to begin with and we need to support our education system better. The Commissioners are the problem, not the School Board.

I wouldnt say the school board or the county is finally doing something, they have had the money allotted to start on school system upgrades for a while and have been debating how to use it foooorrreevverr

Yeah DZ, but they're not being given enough funding to do the job right. They need to build the proper amount of schools county-wide that are needed and the Commissioners aren't giving them enough to do it. There's no sense in starting if you know you're not going to be able to finish it properly.

Basically, they need 70 million to do the job right and the Commissioners are only giving them 50-52 million. In a nutshell, they need to build four schools and they're only receiving enough to build three.

I wouldnt say the school board or the county is finally doing something, they have had the money allotted to start on school system upgrades for a while and have been debating how to use it foooorrreevverr

This is a new County Commission and a new School Board. Let's see what happens. If you have two High Schools the opportunities are so much better. Competition is a good thing. Maybe so many of our kids will not feel the need to transfer out.

Yeah DZ, but they're not being given enough funding to do the job right. They need to build the proper amount of schools county-wide that are needed and the Commissioners aren't giving them enough to do it. There's no sense in starting if you know you're not going to be able to finish it properly.

Basically, they need 70 million to do the job right and the Commissioners are only giving them 50-52 million. In a nutshell, they need to build four schools and they're only receiving enough to build three.

Maybe we should call our Commissioners and ask them to fully fund our schools.

I know they are going to build two K-5 elementary schools and a new high school in the near future. What is the fourth school you are talking about?