JEFFERSON COUNTY FOOTBALL

Warlock

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that things will start to click next year. A lot of students are talking like they will be trying out for the team. These are some who have played most of thier lives then stopped at the HS level or played freshman then stoppped. Some even played thier Sophomore year then sat outhis year and will return next year as seniors.

One thing that needs to change is to get these kids in the weight room. There was no weight training after football camp due to school scheduling. Now they will weight train the second semester. Hopefully they can train all summer long and into next season as well. Injuries really hurt alot too!!!

A new QB and kicker will have to step as well.

A new QB and kicker will have to step as well.

QB shouldn`t be a problem right off with Zack Long coming back, the worry is after Zack leaves. Kicker is the bigger problem. As far as next year, I doubt it will be much different than this past year, maybe one more win depending on who we schedule. I`d bet on 3-7 to 5-5 from here on out with the current situation with 40-50 players.

I know the 8th grade team (Middle School) at Jefferson City had a heck of a team this year. They lost in the final game to Sevier Middle School (Kingsport) for the Region Championship, but they have some very good players on that team. A running back and a linebacker thats huge and some other big boys that should be very good when they move up to high school.

I know the 8th grade team (Middle School) at Jefferson City had a heck of a team this year. They lost in the final game to Sevier Middle School (Kingsport) for the Region Championship, but they have some very good players on that team. A running back and a linebacker thats huge and some other big boys that should be very good when they move up to high school.

Both Jeff Middle and Maury Middle had good years, like they usually do. Despite popular belief we don`t and have never had a talent pool problem.

JC4life, when jeff co goes to two high schools, how will you decide which to back? lol

If they go that route it will depend how they divide it up, lol

As far as I know they plan to expand or build a new high school, not create two. In fact I would expect them to keep the 9th grade in the middle schools before creating another high school.