Clinton Footballs Future

Dragonfanfirst

Im concerned....................I would like someone close to Clinton Football to explain to me what, if anything is going to be done to make this program strong once again. I have heard "we dont have BIG talent", thats hard to believe, from the Seniors down to the Freshmen, only the Junior class didnt win the championship at the middle school level and they lost in the second round of the play-offs. I have heard "we are a young team" how can you have a young team for three or four years? Clintons JV and Freshmen have beaten quality teams, but they stand on the sidelines Tue. through Fri. and dont get a chance to practice to get better, the only work they get is on Mondays when they play. Our players at Clinton do not get what these other teams in there region are getting. Coaches need to coach the players all four years, not just there Junior and Senior years, because by that time all the other programs are way better because they consistantly coach the players from Freshmen to Senior. The talent is there, a coach is suppose to bring that talent and will to win out in his team. The players cant do it all, they need coached DAILY to get better! Good luck Dragons, hang in there!

Edited by Dragonfanfirst

Im concerned....................I would like someone close to Clinton Football to explain to me what, if anything is going to be done to make this program strong once again. I have heard "we dont have BIG talent", thats hard to believe, from the Seniors down to the Freshmen, only the Junior class didnt win the championship at the middle school level and they lost in the second round of the play-offs. I have heard "we are a young team" how can you have a young team for three or four years? Clintons JV and Freshmen have beaten quality teams, but they stand on the sidelines Tue. through Fri. and dont get a chance to practice to get better, the only work they get is on Mondays when they play. Our players at Clinton do not get what these other teams in there region are getting. Coaches need to coach the players all four years, not just there Junior and Senior years, because by that time all the other programs are way better because they consistantly coach the players from Freshmen to Senior. The talent is there, a coach is suppose to bring that talent and will to win out in his team. The players cant do it all, they need coached DAILY to get better! Good luck Dragons, hang in there!

I understand your frustration and I think the problem lies in our staffing at CHS. The administraion is going to have to get on board in order for the program to get the personell they need.

First of all someone has already started a thread about Clinton Football, and once again if I am not mistaken you seem to be nothing but negative about the staff. The fact that these are championship middle school teams is great but this is high school and CHS has basically one feeder program and that CMS and with that we will lose kids to other programs or they will choose to play another sport of not play at all. The seniors and juniors also beat quality teams as freshmen and JV. This has been the best year for the Freshmen and JV as far as being involved in the program as a whole. We do have some talented kids but come on look at the size of our kids next to the Powell and Maryville teams (WE CANNOT GET THAT SIZE WITHOUT TAKING STUFF not that the teams mentioned have) the kids are just not built like that. We also don't have any great speed, that can only be taught so much. Alot of that is just GOD given talent. I think our kids are capable of a really good season and think the Coaches are heading in the right direction. I think you might be amazed at how much better things are for this program if you wouldn't focus on the negative.

First of all someone has already started a thread about Clinton Football, and once again if I am not mistaken you seem to be nothing but negative about the staff. The fact that these are championship middle school teams is great but this is high school and CHS has basically one feeder program and that CMS and with that we will lose kids to other programs or they will choose to play another sport of not play at all. The seniors and juniors also beat quality teams as freshmen and JV. This has been the best year for the Freshmen and JV as far as being involved in the program as a whole. We do have some talented kids but come on look at the size of our kids next to the Powell and Maryville teams (WE CANNOT GET THAT SIZE WITHOUT TAKING STUFF not that the teams mentioned have) the kids are just not built like that. We also don't have any great speed, that can only be taught so much. Alot of that is just GOD given talent. I think our kids are capable of a really good season and think the Coaches are heading in the right direction. I think you might be amazed at how much better things are for this program if you wouldn't focus on the negative.

Good post NOGARD!!!

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!