West Greene's New Football Coach

rebelfan1969

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in his right mind would want it?? It is a coaching graveyard as are most high school football jobs in Greene County!! :thumb:

South Greene has been to the playoffs 14 straight years, that sounds like a pretty awesome graveyard there. I have heard unofficially of course the Greenlee would like to have it. I think he would do a pretty good job with them. I also feel that it might not be a bad idea to try and get someone from out of Greeneville or Greene County to coach them. Totally new blood is not always a bad idea.

South Greene has been to the playoffs 14 straight years, that sounds like a pretty awesome graveyard there. I have heard unofficially of course the Greenlee would like to have it. I think he would do a pretty good job with them. I also feel that it might not be a bad idea to try and get someone from out of Greeneville or Greene County to coach them. Totally new blood is not always a bad idea.

South Greene has a great feeder program and has had some good coaching over those 14 years but how many times have they advanced past the first round??? Greene County football just ain't that good because of a lack of backing by the school system!!

Do you all think that Greenlee will get it?

He is probably interested and is well liked but I can't see any of the present assisants making much difference as a head coach. The team just was not good on either side of the ball for the last three years and a good assisant coach should have stood out with a well performing unit on either defense or offense. I think they would be asking for more of the same if they stay with anyone on the current staff.

Who in his right mind would want it?? It is a coaching graveyard as are most high school football jobs in Greene County!! :o

Someone that loves coaching and kids and takes pride in his community. Do you think every football team is #1? You start from the bottom and work your way up! That is the challenge for a coach. When you can take a team from losing to winning! And if people like you would quit downing a program like West Greene and other teams we would be alot better off. Go Hampton Bulldogs!

Someone that loves coaching and kids and takes pride in his community. Do you think every football team is #1? You start from the bottom and work your way up! That is the challenge for a coach. When you can take a team from losing to winning! And if people like you would quit downing a program like West Greene and other teams we would be alot better off. Go Hampton Bulldogs!

Someone that loves kids, coaching, and the community just resigned from the job rocket scientist!! If those are your qualifiers for a program then the coach was doing great and should stay on!! :o

Bottom line is the Coach had to work with the cards that were dealt and did the best that he could do..........now on the other hand if they were some kids that really loved football and wasnt scared to come out and play ball just because they didnt like Coach Carter or what ever reason a kid can think of... maybe we couldve atleast been competitive this year.... so maybe next year we can have a competitive team and really suprise some ppl.

Go Buffs!

Edited by redrock

The sooner the better. We can't wait till March for a new head coach. I am not going to try for the head coaching job, unless approached about it. I just want to be an assistant. The kids need to know NOW who will be in charge. Also the longer we wait, if WGHS decides to hire an outside person, the coaches that are available will quickly disappear. Greenlee does have a good relationship with the students.

COACH

The sooner the better. We can't wait till March for a new head coach. I am not going to try for the head coaching job, unless approached about it. I just want to be an assistant. The kids need to know NOW who will be in charge. Also the longer we wait, if WGHS decides to hire an outside person, the coaches that are available will quickly disappear. Greenlee does have a good relationship with the students.

COACH

whoever it is we need to know who it is gonna be

and they need to get the workouts started up soon :thumb: