CAK vs. USJ

vols14

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to it! Congrats, Old Timer and USJ for making it to the finals! Should be a good game either way.

Wish I could be there to watch the game and meet you also, BigG, but Volleyball in M'boro took all my vacation time. Here's to both teams and may it be safe, fun and sportsmanlike in nature.

This won't be close. I wouldn't be surprised to see CAK win 4-0 or more. USJ's sole advantage is that they're rested. They got to play a creampuff in the first round before having to play a tired catholic team. CAK has had two close, overtime games against two very good teams.

This advantage won't be enough for USJ.

Edited by gridironguy

This won't be close. I wouldn't be surprised to see CAK win 4-0 or more. USJ's sole advantage is that they're rested. They got to play a creampuff in the first round before having to play a tired catholic team. CAK has had two close, overtime games against two very good teams.

This advantage won't be enough for USJ.

Their last game was tough, but pretty much like USJ in the first round. Both teams should be well rested going into the game. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Congrats to both teams, but I am pulling for CAK. Good luck and enjoy your accomplishments ladies.

I`m gonna say 4-1 CAK. I hope USJ can pull off the upset, but I don`t think so. USJ was the best team from West TN this year but not that much better than JCS and Madison. I think in district and regional USJ beat JCS 3-2 in both games and we saw what CAK did to JCS. I`m really proud that a West TN team has earned a shot in the title game, but I`m also a realist. IF USJ can keep this close then they will have played the game of their lives. But hey...soccer is a funny game. You still have to put the ball in the goal.

USJ has Katie Hayes back this year. She is a very good player. I don`t know if any of y`all remember or not but last fall there was a bus load of Young Life kids from Jackson that ran of the side of a mountain in Georgia on the way to Sharp Top. Katie was on that bus and injured and couldn`t finish out the season, so I know this is all so special to her.

I`m gonna say 4-1 CAK. I hope USJ can pull off the upset, but I don`t think so. USJ was the best team from West TN this year but not that much better than JCS and Madison. I think in district and regional USJ beat JCS 3-2 in both games and we saw what CAK did to JCS. I`m really proud that a West TN team has earned a shot in the title game, but I`m also a realist. IF USJ can keep this close then they will have played the game of their lives. But hey...soccer is a funny game. You still have to put the ball in the goal.

USJ has Katie Hayes back this year. She is a very good player. I don`t know if any of y`all remember or not but last fall there was a bus load of Young Life kids from Jackson that ran of the side of a mountain in Georgia on the way to Sharp Top. Katie was on that bus and injured and couldn`t finish out the season, so I know this is all so special to her.

Ah, VG, that is the thing they call defense at USJ. If they can hold CAK to 1 or 2 goals, they have a very good shot at winning. All season long, they have held their opponents down fairly good. I still say USJ 2-1.

Go Lady Bruins!!!