Gordonsville @ Friendship Christian

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i have a question? what is the 22 gold ball for? wasnt the first championship game held in 1969? .. maybe there is something i dont know.. like everything lol

No problem Geno,

It was our 1st undefeated state championship team. way before the known $$$$$ machine. as for the yrs between 22 - 72. that dosen't even begin to list all other championships when there were bowl games.

No problem Geno,

It was our 1st undefeated state championship team. way before the known $$$$$ machine. as for the yrs between 22 - 72. that dosen't even begin to list all other championships when there were bowl games.

Ok thanks i didnt know... spitt had alot of years undefeated , i didnt know there was a state championsip till 69 thanks

I remember seeing alot of old newspaper clippings at spitt seems back in the day it was spitt and rockwood and alcoa and others.. so great teams to remember..

Ok thanks i didnt know... spitt had alot of years undefeated , i didnt know there was a state championsip till 69 thanks

I remember seeing alot of old newspaper clippings at spitt seems back in the day it was spitt and rockwood and alcoa and others.. so great teams to remember..

I'm sure there are alot of high schools that has past history of championships , way before $$$$$ came along. I bet those games out there at that time was smashmouth. Just think no face mask , just leather

Well, I apologize, but from what I have read in the past FC/Gordonsville threads, the Bull didn't bring his kid into any of the conversations. I am trying to a little bit more ciivlized in my posts. I was just saying it was kind of cheap to go after a man's son, that is all, but I guess I don't know the whole story, so I will keep my mouth shut

No, the kid was never brought in to any of the conversations. Nor was FC in any of the threads. The only question ever inquired upon asked the simple question "Is it Recruiting?"

I simpily asked if a team is recruiting if they allow students from a school without a particular sport to play on a team that had a sport. My concern was based on a private school allowing students to play on a team even though they were not even enrolled on the team. The students involved are current members of a private school in TN that played for this team prior to being enrolled in the school....now that is, in my opintion, creating a little History. And if it is not recruiting tell me what is?

Again, no player or school or relative of mine was ever mentioned.

I guess it hit a little too close to home for some. Maybe the ramifications of this conflict was troublesome enough that many insults were cast towards The Bull.

I think FCS has got this one. They have worked hard and should come out on top. The game will definitely be packed and it might be a rough one, but my vote is for Friendship! Good luck commanders!!!

:thumb:

So are you saying Gordonsville hasn't worked hard? And I really don't see the crowd being much of a factor for Gordonsville. FC has quite a few fans, but the FC atmosphere have never been anything like the Gordonsville/Carthage game atmosphere?

No, the kid was never brought in to any of the conversations. Nor was FC in any of the threads. The only question ever inquired upon asked the simple question "Is it Recruiting?"

I simpily asked if a team is recruiting if they allow students from a school without a particular sport to play on a team that had a sport. My concern was based on a private school allowing students to play on a team even though they were not even enrolled on the team. The students involved are current members of a private school in TN that played for this team prior to being enrolled in the school....now that is, in my opintion, creating a little History. And if it is not recruiting tell me what is?

Again, no player or school or relative of mine was ever mentioned.

I guess it hit a little too close to home for some. Maybe the ramifications of this conflict was troublesome enough that many insults were cast towards The Bull.

Im not quite understanding? Are you saying that since a player at school A wants to play football, but they don't offer it, so they play football for school B instead, yet still attend school A, and play basketball for school A? Are you saying that this is recruiting? well the answer is yes and no. If yes, then a public school is guilty of it in Maury County I believe, but it was OK'd by the T$$AA. I read an article about a boy who attended a small school in Maury or Rutherford County, not sure...

it was the school he was zoned for, but they did not offer football, so he got the OK from the T$$AA to play football at the next closest venue, which happened to be Tullahoma High School. So if that is the case, then the answer to the question, is it recruiting is no. Now if he had gone to another school farther away, b/c the coach talked him into it, then yes. I believe that if this case were to happen, you should not be able to choose the school to play football, but you should have to play for the next closest team...

Im not quite understanding? Are you saying that since a player at school A wants to play football, but they don't offer it, so they play football for school B instead, yet still attend school A, and play basketball for school A? Are you saying that this is recruiting? well the answer is yes and no. If yes, then a public school is guilty of it in Maury County I believe, but it was OK'd by the T$$AA. I read an article about a boy who attended a small school in Maury or Rutherford County, not sure...

it was the school he was zoned for, but they did not offer football, so he got the OK from the T$$AA to play football at the next closest venue, which happened to be Tullahoma High School. So if that is the case, then the answer to the question, is it recruiting is no. Now if he had gone to another school farther away, b/c the coach talked him into it, then yes. I believe that if this case were to happen, you should not be able to choose the school to play football, but you should have to play for the next closest team...

The reason I see this as recruiting is the school in question went after a select group of athletes in the local and surrounding towns and allowed them to play for their middle school teams. It was all about getting them to attend the school during the high school years when it really counted. If they wanted these players so bad, then why not offer them free tuition so that they could attend the school during those years in which they are playing for this particular school. I think they should develop the talent they have or enroll these students at a younger age.

IMO this is the number one reason I believe that this school has an unfair advantage toward all other schools in their division, and therefore should placed in the all private league.

Again same argument The Bull has stated over and over, yet has never stated individual or school names.

Edited by The Bull