Week 12 11/10 White House at Pearl-Cohn

timbdp

White House is usually a disciplined team, and they looked very well-coached when I saw them pound a good Sycamore team earlier this season. I could tell that the West kid was their heart and soul. Though not a big kid, he ran downhill and delivered blows more than he took in that game. The Blue Devils probably need him to get the ball at least 25-30 times. I was also impressed with their QB against Sycamore. White House seems to think run first, but that kid has an outstanding arm and good size. He can expand the amount of field the defense has to think about covering because of his arm.

However, I think Pearl Cohn really has a chip on their shoulders for this game. They want to prove who's the team to beat this year (much like in the Station Camp game). I believe in the playoffs it's primarily about which team is most ready to get after it at game time , and it seems to me Pearl Cohn should have all the motivation to be that team for this one.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House is usually a disciplined team, and they looked very well-coached when I saw them pound a good Sycamore team earlier this season. I could tell that the West kid was their heart and soul. Though not a big kid, he ran downhill and delivered blows more than he took in that game. The Blue Devils probably need him to get the ball at least 25-30 times. I was also impressed with their QB against Sycamore. White House seems to think run first, but that kid has an outstanding arm and good size. He can expand the amount of field the defense has to think about covering because of his arm.

However, I think Pearl Cohn really has a chip on their shoulders for this game. They want to prove who's the team to beat this year (much like in the Station Camp game). I believe in the playoffs it's primarily about which team is most ready to get after it at game time , and it seems to me Pearl Cohn should have all the motivation to be that team for this one.

Motivation for WH has always been making it to the next week of practice no matter who we play.West and Townsend are the heart and soul of this team.I thank God they play for us.I wouldnt trade either one for anyone else in the State.Alot can be said for Heart and PRIDE---Blue Devil Pride

I thought that someone said over the weekend that West was injured and would likely miss this week's game at Pearl-Cohn.

Thanks Charlie Murphy for clearing up the TSSAA Playoff situation. I know it's complicated BUT I also know that as long as two teams from within the same region are playing one another then the higher seeded team is going to be the host team. THEY EARNED THAT RIGHT BY WHAT THEY DID THROUGHOUT THE FIRST TEN WEEKS OF THE SEASON :thumb:

Townsend really hurt the Firebirds secondary when these two teams met last time. If he's able to complete a few pass attempts early it's going to loosen up the PC defense just a bit and create opportunities in the running game for the Blue Devils offense (no matter who the back is carrying the football). Pearl-Cohn's running game was very effective the first time these two met. I'm sure Porter is stressing how important it's going to be for his team to shutdown Gregory. Mason played poorly the first time that these two teams met. He played even more poorly last week in PC's win over Polk Co. If he can't play the way that he did earlier in the year and get the football to those huge receivers then it's going to be a long night for Brunetti's offense. ALL IN ALL THIS IS A CONTEST WITH SEVERAL KEY MATCHUPS WITHIN THE GAME!!!!!

The White House website was updated yesterday with photos, recap and stats from the Notre Dame game and a preview of the Pearl-Cohn game, including a link to the first game.

The photo gallery for the Notre Dame game is very large, so please give it time to load. You can access it at the gamecenter page. For each week's gamecenter page, you can go to schedule and click on the link for each game, or the most recent one will be linked from the main home page under the top heading.

http://www.whitehousehigh.com/football

Thanks for helping us utilize the site.

bdpweb

Is the broadcast on this website going to be LIVE on Friday Night OR is it a tape delay broadcast that will only be available later in the weekend????

I think this game has been broken down in a lot of different ways. Many are looking at how White House moved the football against the Firebirds stingy defense when they last met. Others are looking at how PC squandered a lead in that very same game. You all saw how I viewed this game heading into tomorrow night. The BIG QUESTION has to be the health of several of White House's key players & how involved they'll actually be in the gameplan tomorrow night. Can they overcome the suspension issues and win on the road as the underdog????? Will PC return to the quarterfinals under a first year head coach and with a very young football team??????

The SCARY THING about this one has to be that both of these teams are really fairly young and both will be playing a lot of guys tomorrow night that will be back in 2007.