Region 7-2A Sweeps 1st Round Action

Defender 06

Alcoa[/url]sPaintedBridge' post='826229201' date='Nov 3 2006 - 10:04 PM']

Region 2AA swept Region 1.....again. (three in a row if you are counting)

Where was Region 7 the first week of Dec last year?

East Tn football is comparable to Big East football when it comes to playoffs. You only have 1 real game per year. There is no other competition.

The east isn't that weak. Sure some regions are weak, and whoever plays Alcoa looks that way, but the beast is still in the east, and I believe that region 2 top 2 could play strongly with most others. I can't really judge excatly how tough your region is, but I do know this, the east has its share of good and bad, but the good happens to be defending champs.

No, teams from the East don't have big games 5-6 weeks out of the year, as teams in certain West regions do (like 7-AA). All that does is make it a huge mystery what the AA championship game will be like. Last year, Alcoa trashed Goodpasture in the championship and won in 2004 in an offensive showcase with Huntingdon. In '03, Huntingdon railroaded a favored David Lipscomb crew. The point is, regardless of talent, at least the West teams have been in big games. When you're Milan (for instance) and you've already played Peabody, Humboldt, Westview, and Huntingdon (not to mention Crockett Co. for non-region) - you've been there and done that. That's why Alcoa plays teams like Maryville, McCallie, and Fulton for non-region.

No, teams from the East don't have big games 5-6 weeks out of the year, as teams in certain West regions do (like 7-AA). All that does is make it a huge mystery what the AA championship game will be like. Last year, Alcoa trashed Goodpasture in the championship and won in 2004 in an offensive showcase with Huntingdon. In '03, Huntingdon railroaded a favored David Lipscomb crew. The point is, regardless of talent, at least the West teams have been in big games. When you're Milan (for instance) and you've already played Peabody, Humboldt, Westview, and Huntingdon (not to mention Crockett Co. for non-region) - you've been there and done that. That's why Alcoa plays teams like Maryville, McCallie, and Fulton for non-region.

Region 2 also swept the first round. The non region opponents that Alcoa has played, except Booker T Washington, are all better than anyone else in 2A. Alcoa's non region schedule is better than anyone else in 2A and maybe even the state. Not to mention that Alcoa beat McCallie, had an opportunity to beat Maryville and should have beaten Fulton. They are battle tested, no doubt.

Lets wait until it is all said and done before we make a judgment on who has the best region.After all isnt that what the playoffs are for....to put up or shut up?So lets wait until its all said and done before someone says single A is better than double A or vice versa.By the end of the post season we will know who has the better region.Then it will all start over again.But the fun part is that someone will have braging rights until next season.So lets just wait until it is all over with and then we can brag....ok.