Riverdale vs. LC

That is an interesting score considering Riverdale has scored less than 24 only once this year and that was game 0. The team has a much better grasp of the offense now. Also, Riverdale's D has not given up more than one touchdown in game since game 2. :rolleyes: If you do hold Coach A's offense to 24 you better hope Riverdale brings another teams defense.

You sound "upset" :lol:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea congrats to both and by no means am i tryin to take anything from goree but verge is our leading tackler and he plays the same position so i dont c how he didnt make it instead

Is Verge a Senior? If not then he can get it next year.

Congratulations to BOTH Scott and Eugene. Both are great players and fine young men.

You sound "upset" :D

Not upset at all. Just looking at the stats for the year and the way the teams are playing at this point of the season. I do like the positive attitude coming from the LC boys though. Phil 4:13 is great but remember Paul is also talking about Christ giving the strength to go through difficult losses as well as great victories.

Not a slap in the face at all. The voters know this is Eugene's last chance at it and that Verge still has next year.

There is more to being nominated than just being good at their position. While I agree that Verge has made more tackles it maybe because Eugene is constantly being double teamed to try and keep him from making just as many tackles. To me they are BOTH great players, but I understand the logic of one being nominated this year and the other the next.

Not a slap in the face at all. The voters know this is Eugene's last chance at it and that Verge still has next year.

There is more to being nominated than just being good at their position. While I agree that Verge has made more tackles it maybe because Eugene is constantly being double teamed to try and keep him from making just as many tackles. To me they are BOTH great players, but I understand the logic of one being nominated this year and the other the next.

i guess

I think back to the 1996 team. They went TO Jefferson County in 1999 and won 35-14 in week #3. That team went 10-0.

Their schedule that year:

Smyrna 46-13

Hendersonville 35-0

Jefferson County 35-14

Oakland 35-14

Baylor 51-14

Mt. Juliet 20-6

Lebanon 61-10

Gallatin 39-10

Coffee County 50-7

Warren County 36-7

Playoffs:

Cookeville 42-0

Jefferson County 41-44 3 OT

Yep! We lost to the same team we won easily over earlier in the year. That is why they play the game.... Because anything can (and sometime does) happen.

im pretty sure my coach played for that team