BA v Baylor

Chattcity

The past is prelude to the future. Look at his stats in both the McC and BA games. He's playing both ways. Against Franklin County, Central, etc it doesn't matter. Against BA and McC, he carried 2 and 3 tacklers every running play and then played good defense. McC adjusted for him and he tired. He's an excellent back - at least the second best in Chatt.

Second to who?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You asked a great question that was actually asked earlier and never answered. Cooper is 2nd to none in Chattanooga. He may second in yards but anyone that knows football and has seen his speed, size, and ability knows what UT and Fulmer knows .... he is 2nd to none in Chattanooga. For the record he is the 5th rated fullback in the nation listed on Unapproved Website.

Second to who?

If my stats are correct, every original member of the Super 7 (i.e., excluding Briarcrest) has beaten every other league member at least once in Division II play since 1997 except for one: Baylor. The only team they haven't beaten? Brentwood Academy.

Of course, this is just a stat, and history means nothing tomorrow night, but it is a testament to the parity over ten years in the league.

Baylor seems to peaking (and I was really impressed with Massey at QB a couple of weeks ago), but BA is rested and may be on a mission. Should be a good one nevertheless.

Your opinion is noted..but not necessary correct. I will not be so arrogant as you to go there. But the fact is BJ Coleman is a tremendous QB with tons of skills. UT sees it and I wish him well as a UT fan myself. Fact is Kevin Cooper is a temendous fullback with tons of skills as well. UT is see it and so does Unapproved Website who ranks him 5th at his position in the country. I don't think I saw a similar ranking for BJ at his position. QB's usually get the attention on awards and that may be the case again this year. But to say Cooper is 2nd to Coleman is absurd. I will not even say Coleman is 2nd to Cooper. They are both incredibly talented.

You mean "Second to whom? Coleman of course.

Your opinion is noted..but not necessary correct. I will not be so arrogant as you to go there. But the fact is BJ Coleman is a tremendous QB with tons of skills. UT sees it and I wish him well as a UT fan myself. Fact is Kevin Cooper is a temendous fullback with tons of skills as well. UT is see it and so does Unapproved Website who ranks him 5th at his position in the country. I don't think I saw a similar ranking for BJ at his position. QB's usually get the attention on awards and that may be the case again this year. But to say Cooper is 2nd to Coleman is absurd. I will not even say Coleman is 2nd to Cooper. They are both incredibly talented.

This is like fishing. I throw out the line and a Red Raider bites - more like shooting fish in a barrel.

I think BA has the better team and home field doesn't hurt. My concern for BA (or my hope if I were a Baylor backer) is that the BA team may be tight. They are "the favorite" and there is a lot of pressure to win. Too many have claimed that "this is the year" that "number 10 is in the bag" and that "a rematch with McCallie is inevitable". If they come out tight and worried about the expectations, a very good Baylor team will beat them. They need to relax and play . . .

Should be a good one either way!

Go Eagles!

All this talk about cooper has made me think. What was the name of the runningback before him. I played at MUS and remember that he was extremely good but never really played to his full potential. What ever became of him?

As an Owl I have to pull for Massey and Burr. Go Baylor!

You're thinking of Courtney Braswell. He was also very good and very big.