Catholic VS Austin East

Digger20

Unfortunately, I'm disapointed with the Mighty Gibbs Eagles. They really messed-up my bracket. I was hoping for a evangelical type miracle for David to strike down Goliath by 3 TDs and a Safety on the last play of the game. Being a man of faith... I'll be praying for another Upset and put AE on top by a touch down. Good luck roadrunners.

Word to the wise... the bagpipe lady who walks onto the field and plays a song that sounds like Catholic's version of a funeral march is offensive. She put herself right by the gate where the losing team must walk by.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I'm disapointed with the Mighty

Word to the wise... the bagpipe lady who walks onto the field and plays a song that sounds like Catholic's version of a funeral march is offensive. She put herself right by the gate where the losing team must walk by.

Don't hate on the bagpipe lady! All your team has to do is win and you won't have to listen to her.

I don't why everybody thinks this will be really close. I keep reading that AE have got so much better since going 0-3, however, they've only beaten TWO teams with a winning record since that point and both of those finished 6-5. Catholic along with Fulton are the two best teams in the East by a mile.

Catholic by 10 (at least).

this will be Catholics mistake, they best not over look AE they look like another LA coming out as State Champions this year with several upsets on the way with the first one starting this week against KC....Good Luck to both teams this Friday.

In reference to my earlier prediction - Catholic by at least 10. I should point out I have no affiliation with the KCHS whatsoever (neither player, parent, or former student) I just enjoy HS football. If Catholic underestimate AE, so be it. I just think it would be a shame as they are the best team I have seen this year and the Catholic vs Fulton game promises to be another classic if they can both make it.

On a closing note - Good Luck to all the teams playing this Friday.

catholic will kill AE just like the first time both teams have improved but it will still be no challenge 4 the irish

Hopefully Catholic players won't have that attitude and I'm sure coach Pemberton and staff don't have it b/c they know how dangerous Austin East can be. I believe Catholic is the more physical team and it will show again fri. night. The Irish will not be over looking no one. But you still have to go out and Take Care of Business as usual b/c AE will not roll over and give it to anybody you will have to take it from them. By playing at home, being more physical and having one of the best players anywhere Harrison Smith the Irish will advance on. Good Luck to both teams..... have a clean and injury free game.

Edited by Rocking Chair

Hopefully Catholic players won't have that attitude and I'm sure coach Pemberton and staff don't have it b/c they know how dangerous Austin East can be. I believe Catholic is the more physical team and it will show again fri. night. The Irish will not be over looking no one. But you still have to go out and Take Care of Business as usual b/c AE will not roll over and give it to anybody you will have to take it from them. By playing at home, being more physical and having one of the best players anywhere Harrison Smith the Irish will advance on. Good Luck to both teams..... have a clean and injury free game.

Should be some good games this round ... Catholic / AE will be good one ... I think Catholic wins but it could be close ... I know Fulton players are not looking ahead cause even though they beat Carter bad in week 9 .. the way the Carter players were hitting after whistles and taking cheap shots .. the Falcons will remember that ... coaches will have to preach staying cool this Friday night ... I can guarantee if Carter does get behind they will try every way in the world to get some of Fultons best players kicked out so they dont get to play next round .. sorry to talk about Fulton / Carter .. getting back to Catholic / AE .. again I think this region makes it to Murfreesboro against probably Crocket Co ... as far as next week ... Im not playing or coaching so I can think ahead ..if Fulton wins I know thye wont care who they play ..they would love another shot at KC and they always like playing AE ... good luck to all and hope all players stay healthy !!

catholic will kill AE just like the first time both teams have improved but it will still be no challenge 4 the irish

Really? I didn't know that AE was killed the first time they played. Remember, AE only lost by 11 points week 3. Actually, they were down under 10 points late in the 4th quarter and Catholic scored late to put the nail in the coffin. This game will be interesting. Many Catholic folks are saying that they're not looking ahead to next week, but us AE folks know that they are. I feel as though Fulton and Catholic are overlooking their foes for this FRIDAY. If AE can come in with the right mind set, this could go to AE! I'll be there and I'll be watching and hoping for this upset....

LET'S GO AE!!

Really? I didn't know that AE was killed the first time they played. Remember, AE only lost by 11 points week 3. Actually, they were down under 10 points late in the 4th quarter and Catholic scored late to put the nail in the coffin. This game will be interesting. Many Catholic folks are saying that they're not looking ahead to next week, but us AE folks know that they are. I feel as though Fulton and Catholic are overlooking their foes for this FRIDAY. If AE can come in with the right mind set, this could go to AE! I'll be there and I'll be watching and hoping for this upset....

LET'S GO AE!!

If I remeber correct A-E scored a very late touchdown to make the final score 30-19. The loss to Livingston last year still lingers and it has Catholic's players and Coaches thinking one game at a time. As much as you would like for them to be thinking about Fulton, they are not. Catholic's only concern is A-E and A-E only. The only people who are thinking ahead are the people on this thread who want the Irish to lose. They know what A-E has (probably the best athletes in Knoxville). I'm also sure that Fulton is focusing on Carter this week too. Once again good luck to all of the players this Friday.

If I remeber correct A-E scored a very late touchdown to make the final score 30-19. The loss to Livingston last year still lingers and it has Catholic's players and Coaches thinking one game at a time. As much as you would like for them to be thinking about Fulton, they are not. Catholic's only concern is A-E and A-E only. The only people who are thinking ahead are the people on this thread who want the Irish to lose. They know what A-E has (probably the best athletes in Knoxville). I'm also sure that Fulton is focusing on Carter this week too. Once again good luck to all of the players this Friday.

Definatly not true, i was talking to one of the players from Catholic and he made it very clear from what he said "We are gonna blow AE out." Maybe it was just him but who knows, they might be a little too cocky and that might do them in!

Oh dear God, who cares? If you could even produce the name of the kid it wouldn't matter. I am pretty positive Catholic won't be overlooking a team they beat by only eleven points. You Fulton fans just want KCHS to lose, just like every other fan in Knoxville that isn't a part of the KCHS tradition. I mean, say we beat AE, Turtle will post how Fulton will beat Catholic, and he hopes Fulton wins. Carter people hate us, Webb and CAK despise us, Fulton thinks we're a fluke and we won't amount to anything next year, and AE still believes they are more talented. Bearden and Farragut just don't care until the basketball and soccer seasons start. Any fan of any team that is in a more rural part of the state assumes Catholic is a bunch of rich kids who don't know how to play ball, and any private team thinks of Catholic as a second-rate private school that can't afford all the glamours they can. When will you people realize these boys come to play for Pemberton every night, no matter the opponent? This is the playoffs HolySnap. No one is overlooking anyone. Keep an eye on your team and their second round bye before you start something that definitely won't be decided until Friday night. Then we'll see who's ready.