Catholic VS Austin East

Digger20

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u need to talk to ur friend gridiron guy bout were he is going after he leaves the earth! :D

I'm not planning to go on a space trip, sorry, so I'm really not worried about going to Mars or Venus. I went to space camp once and it made me nauseous. I think it would be cool to go to SR388, but I have it on good sources that that planet doesn't actually exist.

:/

6 hours and 35 minutes until kick off...

let's go AE

Let's hope with the way you're counting the time this game will be like the movie Groundhog Day. AE stuck in the trap of replaying the last game over and over and over. LOL

Catholic will have to step up and stop Troutman's success thru the air. We need to minimze Anderson's touchs just like you will have to limit Smith which is easier said than done. He should get more touches running, receiving and returning than Anderson. They can both take away half the field defensively. Hartmann was HUGE last time we played. AE had trouble defending Webb which runs a similar offense with less skilled backs. The key to the game may come down to a lesser known player stepping up for either team and making a big play. For some reason this game doesn't seem to be hyped like I thought it would. All then attention appears to be on Fulton vs. Carter which as Vitale would say will be an M and M'er. I'd be surprised if that game is under 21 points. 6 hours and 10 minutes. Be there early!

Well it was a boring game for 3 quarters plus... Catholic leading 20-0 going into the fourth, AE fans leaving, straight blow out. With 5 minutes left AE decides to play ball and stop trying to run the ball so much. AE scored making it 20-7, then kicks an onside, recovering and scoring again making it 20-14. Catholic returns the kick off, AE answers with another making it 27-21!! AE missed stoping Catholic by inches and that gave Catholic the win. A couple of things I want to bring up!!

1. AE had virtually no hype going into the game, fans were quite and the players were lazy. Why was that?? AE's defense was getting run all over in the first half, they stepped it up in the second half holding them, the offense took 3 quarters to get going.

2. Who is the offensive coordinator for AE?? The play calling from him was terrible I have never seen anything like that, I would think that head coach Graham took over in the second half because there was an obvious shift in play calling. The first half there was ONE pass and it was a screen pass... If there was anything AE should have been doing it was passing!! AE had the capability to win this, poor play calling lost the game for them tonight!

3. AE was very inconsistent in this game, AE was 1-4 passing when they first started passing. After getting warmed up *which took 3 and a half quarters to do* they started passing more and it worked. On the other hand Catholic was VERY consistent at first, gaining around 5-8 yards per play. Took AE defense awhile to stop them!

Bottom line, good job Catholic can't wait to see you all play us next week, it will be one heck of a game!! AE, I don't really know what happened at first, but way to keep fighting, it almost won you the game!

Wow, do you have anything nice to say about the game? AE just waited to late to try to get it rolling.. Graham did not call the plays the 2nd half.. The same person who called it the first 2 called it the last 2..

AE could've won that game.. But like I said, they waited to late.. If they would've had 1 more time out they would've drove the field to win that game. I hate to say this but this may be ya year Catholic but you can't play 3 quarters against Fulton or else they'll punch you in the mouth... Good luck to ya..

Wow, do you have anything nice to say about the game? AE just waited to late to try to get it rolling.. Graham did not call the plays the 2nd half.. The same person who called it the first 2 called it the last 2..

AE could've won that game.. But like I said, they waited to late.. If they would've had 1 more time out they would've drove the field to win that game. I hate to say this but this may be ya year Catholic but you can't play 3 quarters against Fulton or else they'll punch you in the mouth... Good luck to ya..

I wouldn't say it was a boring game. A very hard fought, well played high school game for both sides. We were able to control Troutman just long enough. Catholic's disciplined offense allowed them to control the clock forever. Don't think we'll be able to get away with throwing only 4 passes next week. I don't think that AE played poorly on defense like others have said. Catholic's line (even with the loss of Natour) just did what they've done all year. We didn't have to rely solely on Smith we got huge effort from Hartmann. It wasn't pretty, just effective. I think the AE players and fans were shocked at the fact that we just drove it down their throats. If we had been able to score 2 TDs instead of FGs, we could have iced the game early. I think that took some of the spirit away from the fans.

Speaking of fans, there was some IDIOT fan behind the AE bench that was screaming and cussing loud enough to be heard clearly by the fans across the field during the National Anthem while the teams were waiting to charge the field. I heard all I wanted of "We're going to kick your a** Catholic" and "We're going to beat the s**t out of you". TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR YOUR COUNTRY, SCHOOL, FANS, PLAYERS AND COACHING STAFF ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING IT WAS VETERAN'S DAY! I was a little disappointed then AE coaches didn't turn around and tell the guy to shut up. I love the AE's fans enthusiasm and support but this one guy certainly gave your school a black eye from the Catholic fan perspective. I know that 99% of your fans aren't like that, they're just rabidly supportive for their team, as they should be.

Great effort on AE's part with a great never give up attitude. That's what makes you all the program you are! I know that it was a tough loss. Hope you appreciated the standing ovation the Catholic fans/kids gave you leaving the field under the circumstances. We applaud your effort leaving it all on the field!

Edited by IrishBBall

Speaking of fans, there was some IDIOT fan behind the AE bench that was screaming and cussing loud enough to be heard clearly by the fans across the field during the National Anthem...

I will second this opinion... I made a point to see who was yelling during the National Anthem and made my way over the the AE side of the field to get a better look at this guy. He basically stayed behind their bench the whole night on the track. Yelling at players and coaches... He was wearing a red jacket that said AE and Coach on the front. Now I don't believe he is a coach in any way, maybe youth football, but he still did a fine job of embarassing himself.