MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to the west tennessee teams, yeah Oakland doesnt have as tough of a schedule but I think its incorrect when you state they wont be battle tested as if that would hurt them at state, sure didnt seem to hurt Shelbyville too much playing in a weak district.

Scrimmaged Whites Creek in the preseason and tied them, although was up by double digits earlier in the game. Mt. Juliet was thought to be a contender for a state tourney bid and lavergne is always solid. The Huntsville Times Classic is regarded as the 2nd best tourney in Alabams, only behind the state tournament, Alabama's best are always there and traditionally, Oakland has done pretty well there, winning the tournament a few times. Oakland doesnt play White Station or Hamilton or Raleigh-Egypt, but I have confidence that Oakland can get the job done should Oakland be fortunate enough to make it to state

anybody want to share averages thus far? i got allens and cutters from another thread (assuming they are correct), and figured up thomas, youngs, and smith's myself.

Chaisson Allen - 18.5

Tyler Cutter - 17

Scott Thomas - 16.5 (8 games)

Michael Young - 16 (10 games)

Kevin Smith - 10.1 (9 games)

i think its great that riverdale has 3 guys averaging double digits, i dont think any other district team can say that. oakland might, if so with jaffarious and kit but idk.

Compared to the west tennessee teams, yeah Oakland doesnt have as tough of a schedule but I think its incorrect when you state they wont be battle tested as if that would hurt them at state, sure didnt seem to hurt Shelbyville too much playing in a weak district.

Scrimmaged Whites Creek in the preseason and tied them, although was up by double digits earlier in the game. Mt. Juliet was thought to be a contender for a state tourney bid and lavergne is always solid. The Huntsville Times Classic is regarded as the 2nd best tourney in Alabams, only behind the state tournament, Alabama's best are always there and traditionally, Oakland has done pretty well there, winning the tournament a few times. Oakland doesnt play White Station or Hamilton or Raleigh-Egypt, but I have confidence that Oakland can get the job done should Oakland be fortunate enough to make it to state

Didn't hurt White Co. either in the state finals of 1998 when they handled Memphis White Station without much of a problem. :thumb:

Didn't hurt White Co. either in the state finals of 1998 when they handled Memphis White Station without much of a problem. :thumb:

That entered my mind after I made my post, but I didnt add it. But the district and region was a little bit stronger back then too.

http://www.coacht.com/inside/stats.cfm?Sch...amp;SeasonID=57

Oakland has Wade and Allen that average double digits while Kit is averaging 9.3, but that really doesnt matter IMO, Oakland has never really had a team that will score 75-90 pts a night, at least not recently.

Edited by OaklandGrad

That entered my mind after I made my post, but I didnt add it. But the district and region was a little bit stronger back then too.

http://www.coacht.com/inside/stats.cfm?Sch...amp;SeasonID=57

Oakland has Wade and Allen that average double digits while Kit is averaging 9.3, but that really doesnt matter IMO, Oakland has never really had a team that will score 75-90 pts a night, at least not recently.

im not sure if you were implying it, but nor is riverdale...we had 77 twice this year, but are averaging 63 per game, compared to oaklands 62.3.

Edited by tdntn

im not sure if you were implying it, but nor is riverdale...we had 77 twice this year, but are averaging 63 per game, compared to oaklands 62.3.

Just the way Riverdale plays, they are usually going to put up a good number of points. Under Burks, Riverdale has usually been a team that puts up a pretty good amount of points while Oakland, no matter who they have, usually averages 58-63 ppg. Its always been that way for the most part, minus the gerald king years