7AAA 2006-2007

MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

for some reason i believe his dad, a former MTSU player himself, had something to do with that too...IMO he didn't want to play varsity because he knew he'd have to play sidekick to gooch, and he probably wanted all the limelight...i've seen this kid play some over last 3 years and he seems (and i have heard) like the 2nd coming of jimmy when it comes to his attitude :thumb:

NO! NO! NO! Never is Kerry that...I know Kerry very very well he does not have an attitude like that but he does want to win and he wants the ball in his hands..Kerry could play varsity easy, but he told me he could play both varsity and freshman so his mom wanted him to just play freshman..Kerry might be the BEST player to ever come out of middle TN, an im being dead serious.. :thumb:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO! NO! NO! Never is Kerry that...I know Kerry very very well he does not have an attitude like that but he does want to win and he wants the ball in his hands..Kerry could play varsity easy, but he told me he could play both varsity and freshman so his mom wanted him to just play freshman..Kerry might be the BEST player to ever come out of middle TN, an im being dead serious.. :)

That's what I've heard!!!

for some reason i believe his dad, a former MTSU player himself, had something to do with that too...IMO he didn't want to play varsity because he knew he'd have to play sidekick to gooch, and he probably wanted all the limelight...i've seen this kid play some over last 3 years and he seems (and i have heard) like the 2nd coming of jimmy when it comes to his attitude :)

=lets don't bring that up

Oh he is good enough to play, he chose not to. He did not want to play varsity yet. This kid is for real, trust me.

That is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my lif he didt want to play varsity, why would you play a sport and decline to play at the highest possible level, thats stupid, he is not going to get any better playing against inferior talent on the freshman level, his best freshman competition in Rutherford COunty is playing Varsity at Blackman so what is his reasoning for not wanting to play varsity

He asked both Gooch and Hammonds what they wanted, Hammonds and his mother decided that it would be best for him if he played freshman. He did what his mom wanted.

I dont care how many games Harris has won as a coach or how many times he has been to the state if he really did give those two kids the option of playing varsity or freshman and one of them decided to play freshman ball over varsity and Harris was okay with that he should be fired immediately

I dont know about firing him for letting the kid decide, but i do think it should come down to what the varsity coach wants. When you are hired as head coach of the varsity basketball team at a school, your job is to have the players on the court to give your school the best chance to win games. If hammonds is as good as everyone is saying, then it sounds like he would be a valuable asset to the team at the varsity level. In my opinion, if i knew a kid was going to be good enough to help out the varsity team, i would pull him up immediatly. I also think that he is missing out on valuable playing experience at the varsity level that would have helped him out in the comming years.

LOL

That is to funny! Kerry Hammonds the best athlete ever to come out of the mid-state!

Do you all realize that he was supposedly being recruited byNorth carolina his 8th grade year? I wonder who spread that one? Kerry, Momma, or Daddy!

Why is he not playing Varsity?

Answer: It would look bad for the second coming of Jordan not to not make a major impact on varsity his freshman year and play second fiddle to Marc Gooch.

LOL

That is to funny! Kerry Hammonds the best athlete ever to come out of the mid-state!

Do you all realize that he was supposedly being recruited byNorth carolina his 8th grade year? I wonder who spread that one? Kerry, Momma, or Daddy!

Answer: It would look bad for the second coming of Jordan not to not make a major impact on varsity his freshman year and play second fiddle to Marc Gooch.

valid, but maybe he wanted to improve his skills?in three or four years these two are gonna be a force

Edited by inappropriate81

LOL

Do you realize how bad Kerry would do you in? Not best Athlete But all around Bball player...Kerry could score the same on varsity, but his mom didnt want him playing varsity yet..

for some reason i believe his dad, a former MTSU player himself, had something to do with that too...IMO he didn't want to play varsity because he knew he'd have to play sidekick to gooch, and he probably wanted all the limelight...i've seen this kid play some over last 3 years and he seems (and i have heard) like the 2nd coming of jimmy when it comes to his attitude :D

What a joke...You prove your ignorance with every post. I have seen the two go head to head and in terms of one on one Kerry has won everytime. And he had absolutely no team around him. He does want the ball in his hands, I will say that but more times than not he makes the shot when he is calling for the ball. Last year I saw him on consecutive trips go down the court pull up for 3 make it and get the foul. He can play

and No I don't know anyone who has heard that warrior.

I think by the end of the year Kerry might be playing Varsity but I also know the expectations were high even last year for this kid. He would come to Siegel games and people would be asking if "that is the middle schooler". People can say what they want but come back when he starts playing varsity and lets see if anyone is repeating these same things. If you notice, anyone who has seen Kerry play has not said a word negative about his game,