Dobyns Bennett & the Playoffs

WaCoJaCo

Maybe Teddy has improved some but the Teddy I remember was always on the ground falling down or was being called for pass interference .espn could not make a highlight of him because they could not find him in the play.lets face the fact hes no jerald sensabaugh. sorry just my opinion.I am glad Sevier beat colonial heights but the fact is chris sensabaugh should had been on DBS freshman team right?

He's is no TO either, but I wouldn't want TO teaching my kids. Because they guy wasn't All-American, All-Pro has nothing to do w/ his coaching ability. Ask Bruce Pearl, Charlie Weiss, etc. about that.

FYI, Teddy is currently coaching American rules tackle football at Webb School in Knoxville.

Edited by rolltriberoll

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's is no TO either, but I wouldn't want TO teaching my kids. Because they guy wasn't All-American, All-Pro has nothing to do w/ his coaching ability. Ask Bruce Pearl, Charlie Weiss, etc. about that.

FYI, Teddy is currently coaching American rules tackle football at Webb School in Knoxville.

Good for Teddy

The DB vs WB thread is locked. But I have to respond to Recon's comment there:

"One thing no one knows is the first play that was called after the long throw to Throp. Clark called for a sweep to 17 out of an I with a tight end and twins. The fullback looked like he just got confused and ran out and then Clark called a timeout and changed the play. This would have been a good call because even if it didn't score, the ball would have been in the middle of the field."

On the 1st and goal, when #15 (wide Rec) and #42 (tight end) came into the game, there were 12 players on the field. So #19 came off the field (as normal when #42 comes in). Heads up...I think so. I don't think is was #19 that was confused, I think it was the coaches. On Regardless, the ultimate play calling on the last three plays was dead wrong. Everyone (but Clark it seems) knew it at the time. Everyone I have talked with all agree that a power I formation would have scored, and IT WAS CLEAR AT THE TIME.

We DB fans are not bashing Clark. Just calling it the way it is. After all the bad breaks, the boys put themselves in position to win, and Clark did not come through. Why did he leave a timeout on the board? He should have regrouped his offense and reinforced the need to get the ball in the middle of the field. As I have said before, Clark is good enough to win in NET. That's it. Perhaps DB can overcome this next year. As history has shown, this is doubtful.

This is nothing personal. It's purely business.

Edited by direwolf

The DB vs WB thread is locked. But I have to respond to Recon's comment there:

"One thing no one knows is the first play that was called after the long throw to Throp. Clark called for a sweep to 17 out of an I with a tight end and twins. The fullback looked like he just got confused and ran out and then Clark called a timeout and changed the play. This would have been a good call because even if it didn't score, the ball would have been in the middle of the field."

On the 1st and goal, when #15 (wide Rec) and #42 (tight end) came into the game, there were 12 players on the field. So #19 came off the field (as normal when #42 comes in). Heads up...I think so. I don't think is was #19 that was confused, I think it was the coaches. #17 was not even on the field until after the time out. On the pre-timeout play, the only runner left in the game was Burton. Perhaps he was going to run a sweep, I don't know. Regardless, the ultimate play calling on the last three plays was dead wrong. Everyone (but Clark it seems) knew it at the time. Everyone I have talked with all agree that a power I formation would have scored, and IT WAS CLEAR AT THE TIME.

We DB fans are not bashing Clark. Just calling it the way it is. After all the bad breaks, the boys put themselves in position to win, and Clark did not come through. Why did he leave a timeout on the board? He should have regrouped his offense and reinforced the need to get the ball in the middle of the field. As I have said before, Clark is good enough to win in NET. That's it. Perhaps DB can overcome this next year. As history has shown, this is doubtful.

This is nothing personal. It's purely business.