does ravenwood have a chance?

db123

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yea the payback would be nice...you guys had a really good team last year, but I wish we wouldnt have played our worst game all year (a lot of it had to do with your team, though)...Crawford is back and he would have won the Mr. Football in a runaway if he hadnt gotten hurt for 3 games (Millington, Craigmont, Cordova) in which there is no doubt he would have put up HUGE numbers...even though he has missed those 3 games he still has 1442 yards in the 8 games hes played in (169 car. for 1442 yds, 180 ypg, 8.5 ypc, 17 TD) with 7/8 games having over 150 yds. rushing (All games he had over 100 yards). Those are still outstanding numbers that I know A LOT of RB's would love to have and he's done it all in 8 games...I don't know if he's still under consideration because he missed those games, though...who all do you guys have back from last year's squad? Who took Jennings and the RB (Williams, I think) places?

The answer to your question is Becker @ quarterback and Laidlaw @ runningback, together they are awesome!!!!

Of course they do. I have said since the first game of the season in the loss to BA that they would play in the state championship. They will beat Antioch and Ridgeway, however, they better not let their guard down. Rector is a great coach. He knows how to motivate players and get the most out of them. My bet is still on Ravenwood.

I will give Brandon credit. If Ravenwood makes the big game, he DID call it! :blink:

I will give Brandon credit. If Ravenwood makes the big game, he DID call it! :thumb:

Thanks Bud. I've been lurking since my verbal stomping from others for my prediction, but laying low. I'll talk more if (and/or when) Ravenwood comes through. I haven't hit it yet, but am starting to hear the fat lady singing on the prediction. :thumb: Ravenwood is too well coached, and they have some wonderful athletes that want to win. What I saw at the first of the season was inexperienced players who had great potential on Ravenwood's team. I believe that Rector knows how to get the most from his kids, and they tend to peak at the right time, which is incidentally the playoffs. They run an offense like Steve Spurrier's "fun and gun". They have some strong kids on the OL/DL.

West TN does not have a history of strong teams when it comes to the big game. From 1996 to 2005, out of 1A-5A in Division I, West TN has combined for 8 championships in the 5 classes (if that sentence came out right). Middle TN teams have won 25 championships in D-I and East TN teams have won 17 championships. Of the 17 other state championship games West TN has played in and lost, they have been outscored a combined 570-239...avg. score of them losing 34-14....of course, pointless statistics.......but they don't lie. They typically play 2 yards and a cloud of dust.......Middle and East TN play the best high school ball, in my humble opinion. I will, however, give plenty of credit to West TN for putting out some great individual college and pro players.

Edited by Brandon100