does ravenwood have a chance?

db123

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are perfectly capable of making it to the Quarter finals, but from there I don't know. If they make it to state they'll probably end up going against Riverdale or Ooltewah, and I doubt they would win in either game.

Of course, I said the same thing about Dickson County, so I guess we'll find out as the game are played B)

Edited by ForumPhantom

despit being 7-4 anyone think ravenwood can make it back to the top

Yea they have a chance...they have a great coaching staff and it sounds like those guys are really starting to play well...i wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of last year's semis this year...that is if we both can make it back...good luck to the Raptors and hope to see you guys in Memphis this year!

Edited by rhsplaya55

After seeing them firsthand and remembering Livingston Academy from last year...Anything is possible. As their fans were chanting Friday.."We believe" if the kids buy into it then they absolutely have a chance to make it back. Not that they needed it but they earned my respect. Very talented and well coached team. Coach Rector is a serious riverboat gambler and plays nothing buy the book he goes for it all. In the playoffs that is how you have to play.

After seeing them firsthand and remembering Livingston Academy from last year...Anything is possible. As their fans were chanting Friday.."We believe" if the kids buy into it then they absolutely have a chance to make it back. Not that they needed it but they earned my respect. Very talented and well coached team. Coach Rector is a serious riverboat gambler and plays nothing buy the book he goes for it all. In the playoffs that is how you have to play.

doesn't ravenwood and antioch have the exact same offense? play calling and everything?

Coach Woodard of Antioch was the Offensive Coordinator for the Raptors in 2005. Coach Shuman was the mainstay for Rector as the OL Coach in 2005. He took over OC in 2006. Shuman still makes the calls from the booth as last year. Shuman is very experience, smart, and level-headed coach. You want find a better one.

Coach Woodard has similar wide open offense but it is tweak to fit the talent at Antioch. For instance, Antioch uses Tight Ends and Ravenwood doesn't. You might find hand signals similar from each side but that will not make a difference in this game. It will come down to execution and turnovers.

Yea they have a chance...they have a great coaching staff and it sounds like those guys are really starting to play well...i wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of last year's semis this year...that is if we both can make it back...good luck to the Raptors and hope to see you guys in Memphis this year!

I betcha Ridgeway would like to give a little payback from 2005. Is Aaron Crawford back running the ball for Ridgeway and is he in the running for Mr. Football?

I betcha Ridgeway would like to give a little payback from 2005. Is Aaron Crawford back running the ball for Ridgeway and is he in the running for Mr. Football?

Yea the payback would be nice...you guys had a really good team last year, but I wish we wouldnt have played our worst game all year (a lot of it had to do with your team, though)...Crawford is back and he would have won the Mr. Football in a runaway if he hadnt gotten hurt for 3 games (Millington, Craigmont, Cordova) in which there is no doubt he would have put up HUGE numbers...even though he has missed those 3 games he still has 1442 yards in the 8 games hes played in (169 car. for 1442 yds, 180 ypg, 8.5 ypc, 17 TD) with 7/8 games having over 150 yds. rushing (All games he had over 100 yards). Those are still outstanding numbers that I know A LOT of RB's would love to have and he's done it all in 8 games...I don't know if he's still under consideration because he missed those games, though...who all do you guys have back from last year's squad? Who took Jennings and the RB (Williams, I think) places?

Ravenwood was probably the best team in the region by the end of the year. They knocked off arguably the best team in the state. And now with most of the tough teams in the 6/5-5A matchup eliminated, I think they will at least make it into the Semis. I think the east is too strong this year to win it all, but I wouldn't count them out of the finals.

Yea the payback would be nice...you guys had a really good team last year, but I wish we wouldnt have played our worst game all year (a lot of it had to do with your team, though)...Crawford is back and he would have won the Mr. Football in a runaway if he hadnt gotten hurt for 3 games (Millington, Craigmont, Cordova) in which there is no doubt he would have put up HUGE numbers...even though he has missed those 3 games he still has 1442 yards in the 8 games hes played in (169 car. for 1442 yds, 180 ypg, 8.5 ypc, 17 TD) with 7/8 games having over 150 yds. rushing (All games he had over 100 yards). Those are still outstanding numbers that I know A LOT of RB's would love to have and he's done it all in 8 games...I don't know if he's still under consideration because he missed those games, though...who all do you guys have back from last year's squad? Who took Jennings and the RB (Williams, I think) places?

Michael Becker played DB against ya'll last year but he is the starting QB this year and doesnt play defense anymore... he is basically a mini tc jennings. williams was replaced by corey laidlaw who is a tough runner... he doesnt break em for big yards a lot but he always gets hit 3 yards past scrimmage and seems to drag the defenders for at least 3 more