Name the Club Teams

Many club teams are mentioned, but where are they, how do you contact them, etc?

For those who know, please list:

-Club name

-Website address

-Club director, any other key people

-Stuff worth mentioning about said club

For example:

Impact Volleyball Club

Nashville, TN

www.impactvbc.org

Jay Golsteyn, Director

15 Teal won 2006 15 Club National Championship

--------------------------------------------------------

Clubs I'm aware of, but may or may not know much about:

Impact, Williamson Select, Dig To Win, Smoky Mountain Juniors, Metro Juniors (Memphis), etc.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Come on now, there are some around jackson and ther is more than one in Memphis and there is more than one around Knoxville. There are at least two in upper East Tennessee. If these are the only Clubs in Tennessee, it would be amazing to me. There should be one club North of Nashville around Clarksville. Anywhere there is a College/University, it would be astounding if there was not a Club involved in the area.

I see a couple of clubs listed that I've not heard of before on the SRVA.org website.

Maury Monarchs (Maury County). The listing says they are fielding teams 12U-18U. Is this a new club and where do the players come from?

I also see Cedar City out of Middle Tennessee but they are only fielding one team (18U). Is it safe to assume that this is a team someone has put together and not a true club?

Also Heat Jrs from Murfreesboro has the Blackman HS Coach listed as the contact and 2 teams, 14U & 16U. I would guess those girls can't be from Blackman or at the very least she can't be coaching any of them. Why wouldn't they play at TN Lightning at MTSU?

I am hoping someone here can give me more information -- just curious since I am familiar with the 3 big clubs in Middle Tennessee -- to see what else is going on in the ever-growing vb community.

Come on now, there are some around jackson and ther is more than one in Memphis and there is more than one around Knoxville. There are at least two in upper East Tennessee. If these are the only Clubs in Tennessee, it would be amazing to me. There should be one club North of Nashville around Clarksville. Anywhere there is a College/University, it would be astounding if there was not a Club involved in the area.

Here's a link (that P4K refers to) of teams in TN. Go about half way down to get past all of the AL & GA clubs:

http://www.srva.org/Clubs.php?juniors

Edited by VballDaddy78

I see a couple of clubs listed that I've not heard of before on the SRVA.org website.

Maury Monarchs (Maury County). The listing says they are fielding teams 12U-18U. Is this a new club and where do the players come from?

I also see Cedar City out of Middle Tennessee but they are only fielding one team (18U). Is it safe to assume that this is a team someone has put together and not a true club?

Also Heat Jrs from Murfreesboro has the Blackman HS Coach listed as the contact and 2 teams, 14U & 16U. I would guess those girls can't be from Blackman or at the very least she can't be coaching any of them. Why wouldn't they play at TN Lightning at MTSU?

I am hoping someone here can give me more information -- just curious since I am familiar with the 3 big clubs in Middle Tennessee -- to see what else is going on in the ever-growing vb community.

A couple of others I saw, that I don't remember from the last 3 years were "ACTS" and "Irish Setters" both out of the Knoxville area. Also, what about "Colonial Heights", aren't they new??

My, my, my how time flies. Sorry for taking so long to get back in action here, but have had a serious illness in our family (major surgery to Father-in-Law) and also an untimely death (Father-in-Law's wife day after his surgery). Then Thanksgiving (had to remember what all I was thankful for after the previous week's events) decides to come along. Therefore, I have not been able to sit down with our coaches in Jackson to get all of our pertinent info. I do know the name of the club is "Jackson Jrs. " and we will have 15, 16 & 17 yr old teams this year. Hopefully when practice cranks back up this week I can get regrouped and get some info on here. Keep us in your prayers.

My, my, my how time flies. Sorry for taking so long to get back in action here, but have had a serious illness in our family (major surgery to Father-in-Law) and also an untimely death (Father-in-Law's wife day after his surgery). Then Thanksgiving (had to remember what all I was thankful for after the previous week's events) decides to come along. Therefore, I have not been able to sit down with our coaches in Jackson to get all of our pertinent info. I do know the name of the club is "Jackson Jrs. " and we will have 15, 16 & 17 yr old teams this year. Hopefully when practice cranks back up this week I can get regrouped and get some info on here. Keep us in your prayers.

I am SO sorry for all the challenges you have been facing. As hard as it was, I'm sure you found things to be thankful for and I hope your FIL is doing better. You have a definite spot in my prayers!

Glad to see you have at 15s team. Maybe we'll get a chance to play you this winter!

I am SO sorry for all the challenges you have been facing. As hard as it was, I'm sure you found things to be thankful for and I hope your FIL is doing better. You have a definite spot in my prayers!

Glad to see you have at 15s team. Maybe we'll get a chance to play you this winter!

it would not surprise me that the maury conty teams would include prospects from Loretto, Columbia, lawrence County, and all of the schools in that area. That is a great area for female athletics and would be a great place for a club for all age groups to di well.

What seems likely with all of the local participation in the Mid Tenn area on the College/University scene is the basis of Coaching Talent to start somewhere even more Clubs to fill the need that has not even been met much less from areas all over the state. Cookeville, Clarksville, Martin, Henderson, Tullahoma, Pulaski, Morristown, etc are all prospects for clubs and the growth of the sport. and areas where colleges would help. Some players with talent are missing seeking situations in which they can make some spending money and also provide a service for the area they are in.