south side

covington

haywood

:D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKenzie over JCS. I think this one should be very close, but in the end the Eagles won't be able to handle the Rebels' running game. If McKenzie gets ahead by two scores, it's over. That said, I don't know if the Rebel secondary has really been tested yet this season like they will be tomorrow night. They could be the key to the game.

TCA over Lake Co. Coin flip game for me, really. I like the fact that TCA has multiple offensive options...they can run and throw. Lake Co. will be the superior athletes by far. Just not convinced the Falcons will be able to handle the TCA passing game.

Camden over CPA. Coin flip game as well, but from what I have been told about CPA from people I know over there, Camden should have more team speed. I expect a low-scoring affair here, and will not be surprised to see either team win.

Westview over Humboldt. Basically, I'm going on the theory that it's hard to beat a good team--and a good coach--twice in a season.

Milan over Peabody. I love what Coach Scott has done with the Peabody program, but this is Milan. In the playoffs. Enough said.

South Side over Giles County. I think the Hawks learned something last week, and the same mistakes will not be duplicated Friday night. No one's been able to slow the Hawks' offense yet, and this should be no exception.

Crockett County over Covington. Perry may be out, but I don't think that is worth 4 TD's. Will be closer than the Week 9 game, but Cavs still win.

Haywood over Dyersburg. The Tomcats have figured it out. Lots of youth in the lineup to start the season contributed to their slow start. Don't forget they almost beat Covington in the 2nd round last year. IIRC, Covington score on the last play of the game to win. Haywood in a squeaker.

1A

10-1 McKenzie vs. 8-3 JCS JCS Eagle defense is better than McKenzie`s and will slow them down enough to earn the win. McKenzie has been able to outscore their opponents this year but have also given up a lot of points. JCS got off to a bad start this year and I think that is deceiving. Most of us got in our heads that JCS was down this year and I just don`t think they are. IMO opinon defense wins games and JCS has the better defense.

9-2 TCA vs. 8-3 Lake Co. TCA I think TCA has a better "team thing going on. They were all at my church as a team a few weeks ago. Teams that hang together play together. Both teams have talent, but I think TCA just has that "karma" thing going on this year. Good things happen when you have that "team" concept instead of individuals.

2A

9-2 CPA vs 10-1 Camden CPA Tough one here. But I was very impressed with CPA last week. Just a hunch on this one. I`d love to see Camden win this one because they are West TN, but CPA will just be more prepared.

9-2 humboldt vs. 8-3 Martin Westview Westview I think Westview has finished stronger than Humboldt has and will avenge a regular season loss to the Vikings. I`m impressed by the 7-0 loss to Milan by the boys from Martin TN. I think coaching will be a difference in this one.

6-5?? Milan vs. 8-3 Trenton Peabody Milan The Bulldogs are the class of region 7A this year. They got their hind ends whupped with a stick at Crockett County in week 1, but it did the Milan good. They`ve been a good doggie ever since. It`s been great to see Trenton have a strong team this year but coaching and tradition and pride wins out in this one. This will be one of the better games for fans like me who are "waiting til next year" to go see. A County rivalry with loads of pride on the line.

3A

10-1 Giles Co. vs 11-0 Jax.Southside Southside It`s with hesitation that I`m picking SS in this one. I`ve seen what the Hawks have this year and trust me they are good, but I was so disappointed in them last week. I just don`t think they were fully prepared for Cheatham`s passing game. I blame that mainly on the coaches. At this point in the year it`s up to the coaches to get their team ready for the next opponent an I don`t think they were. SS no doubt has the talent but Giles could come in here more prepared for what SS offers. A 10-0 season doesn`t earn you anything in the playoffs. I hope the Hawks have come down off that perch and realize it this week.

11-0 Crockett vs. 9-2 Covington Crockett County There`s no doubt in my mind that PA will have the Cavs ready for this one. I talked about TCA`s team concept earlier, well Crockett County is the karma king this year. They have great leadership from their seniors and like the Blues Brothers, they are on a mission. I have no doubt that CC will at least get to the semi`s this year. Covington is good, but it`s the second verse same as the first.

10-1 Dyersburg vs. 4-7 Haywood Haywood This is my upset pick of the week. Haywood seems to be finally getting it together. They played discombobulated for most of the season, but this is Haywood and they always have the athletes there. I think they have enough to squeak past the Trojans. Big plays will be the difference in this one.

Just read ur post about TCA and JCS and I thought He's from Jackson, then I read under your name that you are from Jackson. If coming to ur church means a win heck Lake County woulda came as well. :lol:

McKenzie over JCS. I think this one should be very close, but in the end the Eagles won't be able to handle the Rebels' running game. If McKenzie gets ahead by two scores, it's over. That said, I don't know if the Rebel secondary has really been tested yet this season like they will be tomorrow night. They could be the key to the game.

TCA over Lake Co. Coin flip game for me, really. I like the fact that TCA has multiple offensive options...they can run and throw. Lake Co. will be the superior athletes by far. Just not convinced the Falcons will be able to handle the TCA passing game.

Camden over CPA. Coin flip game as well, but from what I have been told about CPA from people I know over there, Camden should have more team speed. I expect a low-scoring affair here, and will not be surprised to see either team win.

Westview over Humboldt. Basically, I'm going on the theory that it's hard to beat a good team--and a good coach--twice in a season.

Milan over Peabody. I love what Coach Scott has done with the Peabody program, but this is Milan. In the playoffs. Enough said.

South Side over Giles County. I think the Hawks learned something last week, and the same mistakes will not be duplicated Friday night. No one's been able to slow the Hawks' offense yet, and this should be no exception.

Crockett County over Covington. Perry may be out, but I don't think that is worth 4 TD's. Will be closer than the Week 9 game, but Cavs still win.

Haywood over Dyersburg. The Tomcats have figured it out. Lots of youth in the lineup to start the season contributed to their slow start. Don't forget they almost beat Covington in the 2nd round last year. IIRC, Covington score on the last play of the game to win. Haywood in a squeaker.

Enjoyed reading your post and of course I'm going with Mckenzie, And you should flip a coin on Lake versus TCA. I'll take Lake. Thier pass defense is suspect but Mckenzie's is not. :lol:

Edited by Butchie

...in week 9 everyone was saying that westview was going to win because of their coaching...umm...westview lost...if ya didn't know? humboldt's talent is way better than westview's...and also why is everyone underestimating the coaching staff at humboldt? a 9-2 record was put up because of them having us prepared for all of those games...i've posted this score before on the westview/humboldt forum...28-7 humboldt over westview with a whole team and coaching staff effort helping to seal the victory...

for the rest of the games:

Mckenzie over JCS

TCA over Lake Co.

Camden over CPA

Milan over Peabody

Southside over Giles Co.

Crockett Co. over Covington

Dyersburg over Haywood (very close game)

...in week 9 everyone was saying that westview was going to win because of their coaching...umm...westview lost...if ya didn't know? humboldt's talent is way better than westview's...and also why is everyone underestimating the coaching staff at humboldt? a 9-2 record was put up because of them having us prepared for all of those games...i've posted this score before on the westview/humboldt forum...28-7 humboldt over westview with a whole team and coaching staff effort helping to seal the victory...

for the rest of the games:

Mckenzie over JCS

TCA over Lake Co.

Camden over CPA

Milan over Peabody

Southside over Giles Co.

Crockett Co. over Covington

Dyersburg over Haywood (very close game)

Humboldt's coaching staff is much improved from recent year's past, but I would have to agree Milan and Westview are better coached...I don't think that the coaching difference is big enough in this game for Westview to come away with the victory...

Humboldt 28

Westview 14

Enjoyed reading your post and of course I'm going with Mckenzie, And you should flip a coin on Lake versus TCA. I'll take Lake. Thier pass defense is suspect but Mckenzie's is not. :thumb:

You've done a lot of big talk the last few weeks but are strangely absent tonight Butchie. Is our mouth full of crow?