District 4AAA

Jesus Is Lord

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South-Doyle struggled against and lost to a Catholic team that had no size without their football players. I wasn't impressed with the way they played. Erskine should have dominated considering he had a 5" and 80lb size advantage in the paint. This kid needs to realize he CAN be a force! He's improved tremendously in the past few years but is still along way from matching up with the posts at Maryville, Farragut or Bearden. He doesn't appear to have had any coaching in his post work. Not picking on the kid but his idea of a post move is to turn sideways and hold his hand up for a lob hoping there's no help side defense. As strong as he is, someone should be really working with him on his footwork and post moves. They had some decent size but really didn't get much out of it. 4th place would be a good achievement for them. Heritage gave us much more trouble.

Edited by IrishBBall

South-Doyle struggled against and lost to a Catholic team that had no size without their football players. I wasn't impressed with the way they played. Erskine should have dominated considering he had a 5" and 80lb size advantage in the paint. This kid needs to realize he CAN be a force! He's improved tremendously in the past few years but is still along way from matching up with the posts at Maryville, Farragut or Bearden. He doesn't appear to have had any coaching in his post work. Not picking on the kid but his idea of a post move is to turn sideways and hold his hand up for a lob hoping there's no help side defense. As strong as he is, someone should be really working with him on his footwork and post moves. They had some decent size but really didn't get much out of it. 4th place would be a good achievement for them. Heritage gave us much more trouble.

IrishBBall - so your post player is only 5'11" 120 lbs?

• 1 month later...

Currently:

Farragut (5-0)

Bearden (4-1)

Lenior City (3-2)

Maryville (2-2)

William Blount (2-3)

Heritage (2-3)

South Doyle (1-3)

Sevier County (0-5)

The district is shaping-up to be very competitive after the Christmas break. Maryville is starting to fire on all cylinders, Lenior City has been a big surprise, William Blount is playing their usual tough and disciplined game, and Heritage is starting to win games. And, as always, Bearden should continue to improve. Does anyone want to predict a finish?

Edited by dontknowmuch

I will say that I have been surprised with Heritage. Lenoir City's success to this point has not been unexpected. The district should continue to be extremely competitive throughout the rest of the year. I predict it to finish as follows.

Farragut

Maryville

Bearden

Lenoir City

William Blount

Heritage

South Doyle

Sevier County