Morristown West vs. Morristown East

JHITE7

Officiating(:thumb:

I saw an east fumble on the goal line that was not called on a QB sneak and Mosier did not get in but was given the TD.

Burke-Tarr(A)

Great place for a game but poor effort at having parking to accomodate the attendance.

My take on the game:

West came to play!!!! East did a good job of winning the turnover battle as well as minimizing penalties but it was nowhere near enough. West dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I think the coaching staffs really did a good job but when it came down to play, West's players outplayed East's. Good luck to west the rest of the way.

Congrats to East / West on making it an all Morristown 3rd Round. The atmosphere was fantastic last night. Hopefully, we will get the turf and be able to stay at home in the future.

I did not see the East fumble, but did not think Mosier made it. However, from there it would have happened the next play anyway. The parking was made worse due to the basketball games (it was not as bad the other two games, but I guess we cannot have it all).

As for West coming to play, you are correct. I knew we had improved, but last night really allowed me to see how much. The best thing that happened to West IMO was to play a very fast TN High team. That game prepared the Trojans more to play East than anything that could have been mimicked in practice.

Now on to Maryville. I know this will be an exciting game and hope we play as well as we did against East. It will be hard to knock off the best program in the state, but there is always a chance.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way how was the officiating crew on that carpet?

Did they do a good job?

I played at East & kids went to West. I was really proud of the players. No unsportsmanlike or personal fouls. In fact, very few flags. After seeing the last few West games, I just noticied how the officials line up for xpt and fg. Since there are 1 less than college, one side of line of scrimmage is not watched. I thought that Tn high player was offsides a couple of times and I am sure that East player was offsides a couple of times. For sure the last blocked xtr point. Never noticed until the last few games that there is no official on one side.