Morristown West vs. Morristown East

JHITE7

First off congrats on winning two great games. I think it is a huge testament to the city of Morristown to have both teams in the third round of the playoffs. I for one am anticipating a huge turnout, and we may need to get seats sometime around Wednesday afternoon. Just thought I'd be the first to get us a little thread started, I just hope that this forum can be halfway decent and not get to mindless, cowardly bickering. This is all assuming that the East game is final, and not another screw up like with the Maryville score.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be played with more heart than the first and with a different look. I think the program at East is not an equal to West......yet but they have made it this far and gave the Trojans a real game for all but 6 min. in the first one. I think West fans whom know football will really respect East in this one and East of course will do the same. The final 8 and 1/4 of em' are mo'town boys!!!!!!!!!! The biggest East/West game in history and it is in Jefferson City. If I had plans to rob morristown, Friday would be the day cause evrybody will be gone.

East gained a lot of respect from me this season. The fans are cool and the boys play tough. That said, I think West will still edge them out. That second half team of theirs just can not be stopped. I do believe the game will be closer, but I'll pick West this week.

Either way, great jobs by both teams. You represent Region 2 fantastically.

First off, congrats to Morristown East on their big win against South!! I was not expecting blow out there. I anticipate this game being an emotional slugfest, because it's a quarterfinal game and you all are crosstown rivals. And pride is also on the line here. This game will be a close one. My pick is East by 3. Good luck to both teams next week.

honestly i dont think this game will be closer. In my opinion as a starter at West, East is one of the best teams we have played. I would probably put them against Knox West. At the times we played both teams I would probably have to go with West. But East played hard last game and never gave up. I will expect nothin less than that in this next game. That all being said, if West plays like they did tonight. I see them winning by at least 17.

:blink:-->

QUOTE(Nizzi B @ Nov 11 2006 - 02:07 AM) 826244796[/snapback]

honestly i dont think this game will be closer. In my opinion as a starter at West, East is one of the best teams we have played. I would probably put them against Knox West. At the times we played both teams I would probably have to go with West. But East played hard last game and never gave up. I will expect nothin less than that in this next game. That all being said, if West plays like they did tonight. I see them winning by at least 17.

Beating West is very simple. You need to do two very simple things. Keep their O off the field with long drives and stop them with your defense.

Wait that is how you beat every team.

That is what will need to happen. West is tough to beat, that depth is just scary and whatever is said or done at half time seems to change the outcome of every game they play. I think the game will be closer, though that is an outside observation. I've beat West in my career, and I'm proud to say the greatest victory in Boone history was to a number one ranked 11-0 West team.

It can be done, but a perfect game must be played against them. I'm sticking with my West pick still.

On a side note, congrats on your year so far!