Morristown West vs. Morristown East

JHITE7

Once again, East High wasn't in that game because they played so spectacular. West High was their own worst enemy in that game with a bad punt snap, missed XP's, and fumbles. Yes, Dockery fumbled the opening kickoff, but who says he won't do that again?

Another thing that East High died by in that game was the coaching. What a terrible call throwing down by the goal line- the pass that was eventually picked off by J.J. Sims. It was a turning point in that game.

Better game? Probably. Same outcome? Certain.

idiot

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boonie, East has no-one playing both-ways. Morristown West Depth will not

be a factor. I fell it well be really hard for Mo-West to score 38 points on

Morristown East defense now. East defense is a whole lot better than people

think. I hope you come down to the game. Go Canes!

First off, I want to congratulate all East players, coaching staff, parents, and fans for a fantastic win up in Death Valley last week. A job very well done, indeed.

I agree with BIGR that East's defense is playing well and has improved as the season went along. No doubt about it. I need to point out, though, that the same can also be said of the West D. This unit has really come on in the last few weeks.

So, with that said and from my perspective. I think the primary key to winning this game rests solely on the West and East D units (assuming all other things remain equal) and basically boils down to this: Which D will be able to make more stops than the other? If West can contain to a large part the 'Canes speed (a sort of bend but don't break scheme), then it's going to be a long night for East. Likewise, if West cannot effectively establish its running and passing game, then East will enjoy a Thanksgiving Day practice session.

Either way, it's going to be a slobber-knocker! :lol:

So the big game is at Carson Newman. I heard the visitors bleachers were smaller than the one s at Burke-Toney. East - West fans all sitting on the home side, that would get ugly.

Yeah. The visitors bleachers are only 25 yards long. But, East and West fans were sitting together a few weeks back, too, at Burke-Toney.

East and West Fans:

Hamblen County Commission will meet next Monday evening and on the agenda will be discussion regarding a proposed budget ammendment to fund a new playing surface at Burke-Toney.

Wow, it is about time. The kids up there need to get a better place to play. West needs to build a place to play and let East repair and keep the home field. My .02

I project the winner to be West and for them to make the annual pilgrimage vs. Maryville!

Good luck to both teams and send a good one up here!

My point is that East High's gifts are typical of their play- Morristown West's mistakes were not. Obviously, you don't watch West high enough to understand the type of game that they play on their best night. I sure wish you had been at the Tennessee High game this past Friday.

typical arrogance we played a better team than tenn high and we won too its this kind of thinking that will be the down fall of west keep thinkin u cant be beat its what were counting on