Morristown West vs. Morristown East

JHITE7

West will make it to the semi-finals but then will loose to either Red Bank or Maryville....

Easy, pal. Don't go too far out on that limb, you might fall.

Try saying something that isn't entirely unimaginative. Just to switch it up a little, maybe.

seems like any trojan alumni would be proud of how the team's doing, regardless of strength of schedule; was that post meant to imply some sort of superiority over the other trojan teams of the past? getting beat in the quarter/semi-finals by the best team in the state and getting beat in the finals by the best team in the state seem fairly similar to me. no rings either way. not to mention the work that was put in years before you to make the trojan program what it is today (not sure how tough their strength of schedule was). when the boys can control their schedule, then i'll shut up. congrads on the perfect season thus far and more power to the proud parents hoping for the best out of their son's team. go trojans tonight.

Oho! Nothing like roasted jiveturkey around Thanksgiving!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officiating(:thumb:

I saw an east fumble on the goal line that was not called on a QB sneak and Mosier did not get in but was given the TD.

Burke-Tarr(A)

Great place for a game but poor effort at having parking to accomodate the attendance.

My take on the game:

West came to play!!!! East did a good job of winning the turnover battle as well as minimizing penalties but it was nowhere near enough. West dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I think the coaching staffs really did a good job but when it came down to play, West's players outplayed East's. Good luck to west the rest of the way.

I saw an east fumble on the goal line that was not called on a QB sneak and Mosier did not get in but was given the TD.

Burke-Tarr(A)

Great place for a game but poor effort at having parking to accomodate the attendance.

It has nothing to do with effort. There is no where to put a large parking lot/garage.

By the way how was the officiating crew on that carpet?

Did they do a good job?

[/q

I thought the officiating was good. It seemed like they let the kids play to the point of not letting it get out of hand - I'm sure the officials were aware of the emotional dynamics of this game.

Congrats to East for the season they put together this year.

Burke-Tarr(A)

My take on the game:

West came to play!!!! East did a good job of winning the turnover battle as well as minimizing penalties but it was nowhere near enough. West dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I think the coaching staffs really did a good job but when it came down to play, West's players outplayed East's. Good luck to west the rest of the way.

Canefan72,

Your team had a great season! Congratulations. They are very young and will

be a force to be reckoned with for the next several years.

Hopefully, my Trojans can represent Morristown well next week.

I think playing at BURKE TARR will help Morristown East more than people

think. Speed kills, and Morristown East has alot of it. I know Mo-west RB #10

can fly, but I am talking about Team speed. Overall East has more team speed

than Morristown West.( I have seen both play a few games this year) Morristown

West is alittle stronger than Morristown East. ( Size of D-line & Linebacker)Key

too the game, will be how Morristown East Hold up too Morristown West physical

play. If Morristown East can match Morristown West physical play, they will win

the ball game. Soon or latter speed will get you.Go Canes, Beat West!

Morristown West dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. East

needs to get stronger up-front to play with Mo-west & Maryville. Morristown East

had a great year, We now know what we need to do in the offseason.(Hit the

weight room hard) Coach Hatcher worked East really hard over the summer in

the weight room. They still lift weight 2 or 3 times a week durning the season. This

help us win 2 playoff games. A hole year of working out with all the players East

has coming back, should close the strenght gap. East was only 4-6 last year &

we finish 9-4 this year. Morrisown East will be better next year. Morristown West,

is a very physical team up-front. If you guys play that physical with Maryville you

should win. Go West- Make Morristown proud.

Again, I want to say congrats to the Canes for a great season. I know that there's disappointment right now but there's a lot to look forward to, as well.

Great job by the Trojans after the first two offensive series. It seemed that the momentum switched over to West after the Trojans tied the game at 7-7 and it never changed after that. Defense was outstanding all night long. Offense had another very good night running the ball. The number of fumbles are a concern but is something that can be corrected.

Now it's time to prepare for the Rebbies. With last night's win, this Trojan team became the 2nd team in West history to win 13 games. Can it become the 2nd West team to play 15 games?