Upset City in West Tennessee

uctfan

When Crockett lost Jarvis Perry, they lost their inside running game, which can be a kiss of death for a Double Wing team. The other ballcarriers in the Wing T have to run parallel to the line before turning the ball up. The FB provides the quick hitter to complement the Buck Sweep and Sally plays. Covington also shut down their passing game tonight. Crockett had jumped on nearly every team it played for an early lead (In fact, I think Crockett scored first in every game this year until tonight.) Tonight, Covington turned the tables and went out 20-0.

Though Dyersburg and Crockett are bitter rivals, I have to salute the Cavaliers. Their fans have always been partisan but fair and hospitable. Superintendent Stan Black is a long-time friend and a great guy. They were a tremendous team this year. I think that had Perry been well, they would still be playing. The fans in Crockett County have supported their team loyally and enthusiastically. Now, it is over. This was to have been their year. About 18-20 seniors gone, offensive and defensive starters all gone, and a struggling feeder program.

The Crockett County fans will bounce back, though. They will still support their team. In fact, I think the Crockett County fans will handle this better than the poor Jackson Sun sports department, which used Crockett County to fill its high school sports section.

While I'm shocked that the Cavs lost..This is afterall the time of the season where Covington usually shines...They have a great program that is used to winning in the playoffs...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

That is true but that post was inane you must admit. It cries out for a response. Especially after only 2 posts. I mean come on, get real "advisor".

As The Advisor, I see I have a friend who is a fan of "Tiger High"!! As an umbiased fan of 1A, 2A, and 3A football, I can with honesty speak and also get a "all access" look from behind the scenes from my coaching friends! The Advisor is also puzzled with the nerve that was struck with an accurate account of the past week's scores! I am also sadden that your team is now eliminated! However, as I had PREDICTED, (not on here for your personal verification) I told many of my friends (including coaches) be not intimidated by the Rebels-(although they had a good season) the JCS Eagles would prevale with ease!! Sorry Spellerone, I didn't have your personal email account to correspond with you! The Advisor would love to add you to this very exclusive and highly educated circle! However, if I sound boostful, I must admit a severe mispick last week! Never in 100 games would I have picked Memphis Wooddale to upset the undefeated Roadrunners! Nor would I chosen the Mighty Chargers to upset P.A.'s team! Nonetheless, we West Tennesseans get to wrapped up in polls and bias and ignore the differences between good seasons and Champions!! Spellerone, here's a pick for you- JCS will be the only Jackson team to win this week!! Here's another pick for you- No Carroll County team will win this week!! For the record, it is Monday-4 days prior to Friday! You wanted the Advisor's predictions prior to Friday- I trust you will find them as accurate as the Advisor's first post! Trust the ADVISOR!!!

As The Advisor, I see I have a friend who is a fan of "Tiger High"!! As an umbiased fan of 1A, 2A, and 3A football, I can with honesty speak and also get a "all access" look from behind the scenes from my coaching friends! The Advisor is also puzzled with the nerve that was struck with an accurate account of the past week's scores! I am also sadden that your team is now eliminated! However, as I had PREDICTED, (not on here for your personal verification) I told many of my friends (including coaches) be not intimidated by the Rebels-(although they had a good season) the JCS Eagles would prevale with ease!! Sorry Spellerone, I didn't have your personal email account to correspond with you! The Advisor would love to add you to this very exclusive and highly educated circle! However, if I sound boostful, I must admit a severe mispick last week! Never in 100 games would I have picked Memphis Wooddale to upset the undefeated Roadrunners! Nor would I chosen the Mighty Chargers to upset P.A.'s team! Nonetheless, we West Tennesseans get to wrapped up in polls and bias and ignore the differences between good seasons and Champions!! Spellerone, here's a pick for you- JCS will be the only Jackson team to win this week!! Here's another pick for you- No Carroll County team will win this week!! For the record, it is Monday-4 days prior to Friday! You wanted the Advisor's predictions prior to Friday- I trust you will find them as accurate as the Advisor's first post! Trust the ADVISOR!!!

Uh advisor JCS will be the only Jackson team to lose this week. Of course they are the only Jackson team still playing. And no Carroll county teams still playing either. I like the way you go out on limb(not) with your predictions. Is one prediction all you can muster? So much supposed knowledge and so little sharing with us mere mortals. Emphasis on supposed. Come on give predictions on all of the west Tennesse games. Don't be skeered.