Jo Byrns @ Mt.Pleasant

MPTigerT

Let me try to break it down for some of you…and if I don’t do a good job of it I KNOW THE GED WILL COME FRIDAY.

We all know that the GED has put up some ridiculous numbers over the course of the season and that is why they have been "rated" so high. Then comes the C'wood game and now the GED is "overrated". Why, because they gave up 30 points on 363 yards rushing. Now I'll be the first to say that by looking at those stats, you couldn't possibly say that the Defense is good but something is missing. Those 363 yards were on 70 carries...70. Now most will say that the defense shouldn’t allow 70 plays to be ran; they should be able to get of the field but there’s more. Due to the fact that JBHS's "overrated" offense scores so quickly (once every 6.33 plays in the C'wood game), the GED was put back on the field almost instantly (after causing the turnovers). For that reason, the C’wood offense was able to get off 74 plays in the game. Now in 74 plays C’wood was able to score 4 times (that’s once ever 18.25 plays). My point is, C’wood got off more plays in the JBHS game than any other game and they were only able to put up 4 TD’s which is second to only the FC game.

The GED is great and IF they tackle well and stop the penalties, they could dominate the game come Friday. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Ab-so-freakin-lutely! ;)

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I’ve got another post...This one’s regarding the “One Man Show”.

I broke down the MP stats and it looks like MP has 4 major weapons on Offense (Not 1). The weapons are The Line, Dailey, Stoops, & Clifton. Dailey accounts for 38% of the offense followed by Stoops (17%), & Clifton (15%). The other 30% comes from Butler, Bays, & Backups. Now in the games that MP lost and/or was “close”, Dailey’s percentage jumps to 48% on average which tells me when the going gets tough they go to their “bread and butter”. With that said, if the game is close and you can limit Dailey (limit 48% of MP’s offense) you should be able to win the game. My point is you can’t say “stop Dailey and win” but you can see that stopping Dailey is the key.

Let me try to break it down for some of you…and if I don’t do a good job of it I KNOW THE GED WILL COME FRIDAY.

We all know that the GED has put up some ridiculous numbers over the course of the season and that is why they have been "rated" so high. Then comes the C'wood game and now the GED is "overrated". Why, because they gave up 30 points on 363 yards rushing. Now I'll be the first to say that by looking at those stats, you couldn't possibly say that the Defense is good but something is missing. Those 363 yards were on 70 carries...70. Now most will say that the defense shouldn’t allow 70 plays to be ran; they should be able to get of the field but there’s more. Due to the fact that JBHS's "overrated" offense scores so quickly (once every 6.33 plays in the C'wood game), the GED was put back on the field almost instantly (after causing the turnovers). For that reason, the C’wood offense was able to get off 74 plays in the game. Now in 74 plays C’wood was able to score 4 times (that’s once ever 18.25 plays). My point is, C’wood got off more plays in the JBHS game than any other game and they were only able to put up 4 TD’s which is second to only the FC game.

The GED is great and IF they tackle well and stop the penalties, they could dominate the game come Friday. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

I'm not saying that JB's D is overrated but don't take pot shots at MP's D either. Sure we have given up more points but by the look of things we were in a bit of a tougher region and we got the youngsters some playing time to boot. I like the experience thing

I broke down the MP stats and it looks like MP has 4 major weapons on Offense (Not 1). The weapons are The Line, Dailey, Stoops, & Clifton. Dailey accounts for 38% of the offense followed by Stoops (17%), & Clifton (15%). The other 30% comes from Butler, Bays, & Backups. Now in the games that MP lost and/or was “close”, Dailey’s percentage jumps to 48% on average which tells me when the going gets tough they go to their “bread and butter”. With that said, if the game is close and you can limit Dailey (limit 48% of MP’s offense) you should be able to win the game. My point is you can’t say “stop Dailey and win” but you can see that stopping Dailey is the key.

Ive been begging people to talk about the "one man show" because the Tigers feed on it, but the breakdown is just awesome. That is the truth. As for MP they have to stop JB's weapons as well. I'm going against the norm here and say because both D's will be out to prove something that this will be a low scoring game.

Na I change my mind. I cant say low scoring until someone actually stops MP's offense. Crap I dont know I just cant wait until Friday night!

I can't wait either. When is the bus expected to roll out from JB? When do all my guys from JB plan on leaving. I am leaving work @ 12 and would like to be there at least at the same time as the team. Ya'll hit me up!!!

well the time is almost here! 1 of the most talked about rematch's all year, a fight between the devil & a tiger. all i can say, to all you jb's fan's and player's youve bought your ticket on the train ride through the jungle just like all the rest :thumb: and believe me you will be treated just as they were :lol: it will be a great game good luck tigers and i wish you all the best. logger tell 31 good luck but i think 76's team will win " GO TIGERS!!!" all of you jb's fans have a safe trip here and hope you enjoy the game and all it's glory.

well the time is almost here! 1 of the most talked about rematch's all year, a fight between the devil & a tiger. all i can say, to all you jb's fan's and player's youve bought your ticket on the train ride through the jungle just like all the rest :thumb: and believe me you will be treated just as they were :lol: it will be a great game good luck tigers and i wish you all the best. logger tell 31 good luck but i think 76's team will win " GO TIGERS!!!" all of you jb's fans have a safe trip here and hope you enjoy the game and all it's glory.

There you are! :huh:

Hey there Dude'''''i have been asking about you'''''and i will be sure to tell him''''''and i am sure the DEVIL'S will win this one :huh: so you going to be there at 6;30 right if so i will see you then take care my friend

Someone has been doing there homework.