Jo Byrns @ Mt.Pleasant

MPTigerT

Jo Byrns has a good team, but I really don't think they are the same type team from last year. Top to bottom last year they were the best of the two and MP still almost pulled it out. This time around I really think MP top to bottom has the best team. I have seen both of you play more than once this year, if both teams come in and play their A game people this game will be one for the record books. This is CLASS A FOOTBALL at it's finest come, watch, and enjoy. best of luck to the Tigers I believe this is the year for THR EYE OF THE TIGER.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand big time players show up in big time games, but why do you think Daily will have a field day Friday against what will be the best D MP has seen this year...especially if you attended the JB-Cascade game?

We'll have to wait and see on "the best D MP has seen this year" because it looks like Giles Co. and Ezell-Harding were pretty impressive.

MP 33 Jo Byrns 28. Jo Byrns will be a hurdle, but its a managable hurdle. Good luck tigers :lol:

You came on the Lake Co and J.C.S. post and said something about Mt.Pleasant beat Wayne Co real bad and Trinity didn't beat Wayne Co as bad...But some one said Trinity had Wayne Co about 35-6 in the last quarter and probably subbed..So based on that ..you said that Lake Co would lose to J.C.S. and that the winner,according to you to be J.C.S. would lose to either of your teams by two touchdowns...So..you seem to think a certain team will win by comparing scores...So..since you came on our post..I thought I would come on your's and return the favor..So ..based on how you seem to think the games are decided..I guess this is Mt.Pleasant's last game...Because Mt.Pleasant beat Collinwood 34-28 and Jo Byrn's beat Collinwood 49-30..So..according to you..yall can get your gym shoes out..Yall do play basketball,don't you?

All I can say is that JBS D should be happy if they don't see another wing t style offense all year long. :lol:

In a game like this with a player like Marco you have to go in expecting him to get his yards and scores all you can really do is try and limit him to less than his average rushing and hold him to three or fewer scores. Then if they can find a way to shut down the rest of the team JBS should come out with the win. Because eventhough they don't like it the D is definitly the weaker part of Mt. Pleasants team. That is not saying they are a weak defense its just that the offense is their strength. So if JBS can hold Mt. Pleasant somewhere between 20-30 points I believe they can out score them and come away with a win. Of course I would always pick JBS so my opinion is somewhat bias, but I do realize that this will be a close game eitherway because neither team will quit.

Jo Byrns has a good team, but I really don't think they are the same type team from last year. Top to bottom last year they were the best of the two and MP still almost pulled it out. This time around I really think MP top to bottom has the best team. I have seen both of you play more than once this year, if both teams come in and play their A game people this game will be one for the record books. This is CLASS A FOOTBALL at it's finest come, watch, and enjoy. best of luck to the Tigers I believe this is the year for THR EYE OF THE TIGER.

I disagree with you about JBHS...what have you seen out of JBHS that makes you think that this years' team isn't the same type of team as last years'? Also, if I'm not mistaken MP lost more key people than JBHS did last year.

hey 95trojan70 blow ur on pop

What a joke u 2 are lolololol GREENSHAW AND LOGGY.I got u 2 going like babys pulln own a sucker at the same time. fight for it .I enjoy football glad u do too.l And try to spell your words out so i can all understand u. lol this is realy fun lol Wooooooooooooot Woooooooooooooot Go COLLINWOOD 2007....

P.S. Cwood will be in everyones dreams from now own... Muaaaahahaa THE WOOD stands tall forever.

MP:56

Joeburns:27 :lol:)

Edited by 95Trojan70

This game should be no different than JBHS vs. C'wood. Both teams have great offenses but I think JBHS has the edge on defense. Even though JBHS gave up 30 points and 363 yard rushing against C'wood they were still pretty impressive to me. The GED allowed a little over 5yds/carry on 70 rushing plays. I've never heard of a team running the ball 70 times in one game. That 5yds/carry mark was better than any team that has played C'wood this year besides FC (that’s the impressive part). I think the GED could have been a lot more impressive in the C'wood game if they would have stopped the arm tackling (i.e. facemasks) and got off the field on 3rd and 1's, 2's, and 3's. On the other hand, the GED still allowed 70+ plays so go figure... IF the GED tackles well and the 7 & 9 tech's will/can contain the outside they shouldn't have too much of a problem. I noticed on several occasions during the C'wood game that the 7 & 9's were going past the backs to contain rather than going to the same depth as the backs. Anyway, my prediction for the JBHS vs. C'wood game: "Even if Collinwood (4 horsemen) get a few right on the GED, the JBHS offense is definitely strong enough to outscore Collinwood’s". The same goes for this game except insert Mt. Pleasant for C'wood.

This game should be no different than JBHS vs. C'wood. Both teams have great offenses but I think JBHS has the edge on defense. Even though JBHS gave up 30 points and 363 yard rushing against C'wood they were still pretty impressive to me. The GED allowed a little over 5yds/carry on 70 rushing plays. I've never heard of a team running the ball 70 times in one game. That 5yds/carry mark was better than any team that has played C'wood this year besides FC (that’s the impressive part). I think the GED could have been a lot more impressive in the C'wood game if they would have stopped the arm tackling (i.e. facemasks) and got off the field on 3rd and 1's, 2's, and 3's. On the other hand, the GED still allowed 70+ plays so go figure... IF the GED tackles well and the 7 & 9 tech's will/can contain the outside they shouldn't have too much of a problem. I noticed on several occasions during the C'wood game that the 7 & 9's were going past the backs to contain rather than going to the same depth as the backs. Anyway, my prediction for the JBHS vs. C'wood game: "Even if Collinwood (4 horsemen) get a few right on the GED, the JBHS offense is definitely strong enough to outscore Collinwood’s". The same goes for this game except insert Mt. Pleasant for C'wood.

Good post, I just looked at the stats for Cwood they were averaging 7yds a carry on the season so maybe it wasn't as bad as it appeared. A few less penalties and a wrap up tackle here and there and who knows what the outcome could have been. :lol:

What a joke u 2 are lolololol GREENSHAW AND LOGGY. got u 2 going like babys pulln own a sucker at the same time. fight for it an let everyone here see u too talk about ur fav teams and let them still not give a crap lol AND PLEASE TRY to spell so we can all understand u less. lol this is realy funny lol Wooooooooooooot Woooooooooooooot Go COLLINWOOD 2007....

P.S. i will be in ur dreams for now own. Muaaaahahaa THE WOOD stands tall forever.

MP:56

Joeblowspops:27 :lol:)

hahaha your the joke''''tall timer huh :lol: the logger's son cut it down,,,, so you go ahead and do your dreaming oh by the way how did basketball pratice go today :lol: 2007 huh what a losssssssser

Good call on the arm tackling MOTO. That single aspect of fundamental, basic, whatever you want to call it football completely disappeared Fri nite for JB and I'm sure MP will see it on film as well. I hope the Bash Bros. and the rest of the D take heed and show MP the team that lays the wood AND wraps up like they saw in person @ Cascade, not CWood.