CPA vs. Goodpasture

sportfreak

well if cpa doesn't say anything thing about their kicking game i will tell you that clay paul (goodpasture's kicker) is the man. maybe not the strongest fit ever but he puts a ton of the kickoffs in the endzone and is fairly accurate with field goals. i don't like to jinx extra points but he hasn't missed many since his freshman season

We've got people to get the job done, too. Good luck to you and yours.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other than being really bored, i am a good,honest friend. so when my friends asked me if goodpasture would be able to pass the football if it came down to it i decided to tell find them actual numbers other than just say yes. so here they are.

Starters Compared

Conner Lowery (CPA) is 116/243 for 1977 yards and 28 touchdowns

that is 8.14y/att - 17.04y/comp - 48% comp - 8.69 passes/TD

Coleman Stroud (GCHS) is 36/68 for 1018 yards and 14 touchdowns

that is 14.97y/att - 28.28 y/comp - 53% comp - 4.86 passes/TD

Backups Compared

Luke Romen (CPA) is 14/25 for 137 yards and 0 touchdowns

that is 5.48y/att - 9.79 y/comp - 56% comp - O TDs

Whit Mahan (GCHS) is 16/27 for 387 yards and 6 touchdowns

that is 14.33y/att - 24.19y/comp - 59 % comp - 4.5 passes/TD

I know that this seems like i have too much time on my hands and maybe i do, but instead of just bragging about our boys i wanted my buddies to be able to see numbers. goodpasture doesn't throw because they don't have to, not because they can't (just look at the #s)

Edited by duece253

other than being really bored, i am a good,honest friend. so when my friends asked me if goodpasture would be able to pass the football if it came down to it i decided to tell find them actual numbers other than just say yes. so here they are.

Starters Compared

Conner Lowery (CPA) is 116/243 for 1977 yards and 28 touchdowns

that is 8.14y/att - 17.04y/comp - 48% comp - 8.69 passes/TD

Coleman Stroud (GCHS) is 36/68 for 1018 yards and 14 touchdowns

that is 14.97y/att - 28.28 y/comp - 53% comp - 4.86 passes/TD

Backups Compared

Luke Romen (CPA) is 14/25 for 137 yards and 0 touchdowns

that is 5.48y/att - 9.79 y/comp - 56% comp - O TDs

Whit Mahan (GCHS) is 16/27 for 387 yards and 6 touchdowns

that is 14.33y/att - 24.19y/comp - 59 % comp - 4.5 passes/TD

I know that this seems like i have too much time on my hands and maybe i do, but instead of just bragging about our boys i wanted my buddies to be able to see numbers. goodpasture doesn't throw because they don't have to, not because they can't (just look at the #s)

GOOD JOB ######

Halftime: GP-20; CPA-0

Just as everone said who knew these teams, CPA had to fly almost flawless to win, and it isn't happening.

In the first half, CPA had 2 INT's-one on a tipped ball, 4 big penalties,a TD called back on an illegal fromation and 2 fumbles. They have been in GP's end of the field 4 times and haven't score. Too many mistakes, but credit GP for causing some of them.

GP's running game was dominant the opening possesion, but not the rest of the half. THey score the 2nd TD on a long run, and the 3rd on a 40 yard bomb with 20 seconds to go in the quarter.

CPA has moved the ball and are completing passes, but drives all get stopped on mistakes.

Edited by divepix

Just as everone said who knew these teams, CPA had to fly almost flawless to win, and it isn't happening.

In the first half, CPA had 2 INT's-one on a tipped ball, 4 big penalties,a TD called back on an illegal fromation and 2 fumbles. They have been in GP's end of the field 4 times and haven't score. Too many mistakes, but credit GP for causing some of them.

GP's running game was dominant the opening possesion, but not the rest of the half. THey score the 2nd TD on a long run, and the 3rd on a 40 yard bomb with 20 seconds to go in the quarter.

CPA has moved the ball and are completing passes, but drives all get stopped on mistakes.

only 20 to nothing well they could make it back after coach gets done ripping some butts they may come out playing a whole new ball game.

spin doctor!!! I would believe CPA was winning if it wasn't for the score/