Ooltewah vs. Farragut

ImaOWL

friendz, don't make excuses about why we lost. yea we had some guys out but ooltewah was clearly a better team. their Dline is great and their offense is so balanced that they're really tough to defend. i think farragut played hard and competed but in the end the more deserving team won. i hope the owls take the gold b/c i their a classy group and i dont want to see 6-4 ravenwood win again. take care of smyrna first and represent 2-5a well.

Thanks! I appreciate your comments. Farragut had a really good year. You guys represented our region in the play-offs very well. I think it stinks that you had to play three teams in the play-offs that you had already played. I still think TSSAA should cross up some of the regions during the play-offs so that doesn't happen until the semi's or maybe quarterfinals. See you guys next year, once for sure, who know's maybe twice again.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those werent excuses.. they are reasons.. im not saying Farragut woulda won with them.. but those reasons i gave were a big factor in why the score was so lopsided.. Ooltewah is def. the better team because they beat us even when we had those people.. i was just tryin to tell ppl why the score was so lopsided. not saying those are the exact reasons we lost.. they helped but Farragut got out played so im sure it wouldnt really have mattered.

Congratulations to the Owls. You guys showed up big tonight and proved that you were the superior team. I expected a much closer game. It is possible that it could have been closer had Farragut been healthy and played well on special teams, but I still think Ooltewah would have won the game as they are the better team. As the 5A representative for East Tennessee and Region 2, I wish you guys well the rest of the way and I will be pulling for you. I apologize for over reacting to some of the posts earlier in the week. It just rubbed me wrong that nobody even thought Farragut would play a tough close game. As it turns out the folks who predicted a blowout were absolutely right. All I can do is eat my crow and tip my hat to the Owls ! Enjoy the victory and then go show those Middle and West Tennesseans how the game is played. We'll catch you guys again next year !

Sincerely,

FHS_Admiral

friendz, don't make excuses about why we lost. yea we had some guys out but ooltewah was clearly a better team. their Dline is great and their offense is so balanced that they're really tough to defend. i think farragut played hard and competed but in the end the more deserving team won. i hope the owls take the gold b/c i their a classy group and i dont want to see 6-4 ravenwood win again. take care of smyrna first and represent 2-5a well.

Thank you two for being so gracious in your loss and not trying to find everyway to make excuses and defend your team. Farragut is a great football team, they had a great year and if they were not in the same Region and Bracket with Ooltewah would probably still be playing football. Although I still believe if they didn't have all the injuries the game would have been closer, but still have the same result in the end. Great year Farragut.

Even though it really doesn't matter now I believe that Marshall proved he was the better back Friday night running for 170+. He did it on the ground and recieving. Sterling had 145 yards but 45 of those came on his last carry. Don't get me wrong he is a great back, impressed me all night, especially on his leaping touchdown run. I thought he was just a powerful runner, with good speed but not super fast. He was hard for a great Ooltewah defense to bring down. Marshall is just so strong pound for pound with blazing speed and amazing cutting ability. He is a hard guy to catch and bring down.

Great Game Friday Night. Good Luck next year. Go Owls!

Edited by InDepthInsider

Congrats Owls!

Watched Ravenwood Friday Night and they are the real deal. They have a balanced attack of running and passing.

Their O-Line averages about 6'3" and about 235. Thought it was strange not to see a black kid on the entire O-team but it seamed to work for them.

If you get past Smyrna and they get past Whites Station then I think the two teams will match up and I look forward to a great game.

Don't understand why Farragut didn't stick with the spread out offense that kept defenders out of the box and opened running lanes for Sterling. That first drive of the second half we just got owned.

The answer to the question is Farragut's POOR COACHING!!!! ;)

Good Luck Owls and Represent the Region and East TN with Strenth and Pride.

Edited by rigger101