Adam Townsend

darook70

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think townsend will be ready to go come friday, many people have their doubts about him returning but it seems like thats when adam rises to the occasion. townsends absence from the team for the last 6 weeks has been devistating to the team and fans but also has helped this bulldog football team come together like nothing else could. like someone else said earlier if "OJ" and the bulldogs win over coalfield, and go on to get that gold ball; thats like what you watch in the movies. i'm looking forward to a good one come friday night at coalfield, i hope both teams bring their "A Game" and stay healthy...

i think townsend will be ready to go come friday, many people have their doubts about him returning but it seems like thats when adam rises to the occasion. townsends absence from the team for the last 6 weeks has been devistating to the team and fans but also has helped this bulldog football team come together like nothing else could. like someone else said earlier if "OJ" and the bulldogs win over coalfield, and go on to get that gold ball; thats like what you watch in the movies. i'm looking forward to a good one come friday night at coalfield, i hope both teams bring their "A Game" and stay healthy...

LIGHTS ,ACTION, ROLLUM

He's actually the 248th ranked tailback in the Country. If you'll look it says he's in the south region, but he's one of just 13 Tennessee tailbacks to crack the national 300. Here's the deal, I'm going to break it down like this. If Townsend hadn't have gotten hurt, he would've broke the 2,000-yard mark again.

Here are his stats...

In seven games (yes I have to count seven even though he only ran one play against Cosby), Townsend participated in a total of 16 quarters. That means he only actually played in four full games this season.

In that span, Townsend had 87 carries for 1,070 yards (an average of 12.3 yards-per-carry). In 16 quarters of play, he averaged close to 67 yards-per-quarter rushing.

Townsend also scored 16 rushing touchdowns, caught one touchdown, returned a punt for a score and ran two two-point conversions in 16 quarters of play. That's 112 points folks. That's an average of seven points per quarter scored. Tell me Brandon Davis had better statistics in his first 16 quarters of play this season. I think Davis is a heck of a back and deserving of his Mr. Football nomination on the line, but a healthy Townsend would've also gained a Mr. Football nod.

But Adam did get hurt and his absense made a lot of the other Bulldogs step up their game and get to where they were last week. Adam's a team player. He wants to help this team get one big team prize and I'm not a betting man, but if I were I'd bet that he will be fired up this week and so will the other Bulldogs. If I were Coalfield, I wouldn't worry just about Townsend, but I'd worry about 82, 22, 44, 4, 12 and 49 as well...

The Yellow Jackets had the same amount of returning players that Hampton did this season. Last year when those players met, the Bulldogs saw a favorable outcome. This season, all year, the Jackets have been ranked ahead of the 'Dogs and been given higher accolades. Hampton's lone loss came to a good Class 4-A team. The 'Dogs like being the underdog and are playing for respect.

I agree with Pujo, this is Hampton vs. Coalfield not Coalfield vs. Adam Townsend.

Is this kid being recruited by anyone? Small colleges? Any bigger names?