HERITAGE SPRINGS / CLAY COUNTY

muttman

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do not see very many of the people from Hermitage Springs going across any line to any county or any other state. Even though you only have to sit out one year IF you have played at another high school and change schools WITHOUT changing addresses. The main thing is it costs quite a bit of money to go across the county line to another school. Sure, they could go to Macon Co., but it will cost them considerably. Several thousand dollars per year is not out of the question there, depends on what the counties rate is. I know in Overton County it is $500 per month. I just don't see many people going across the line and paying that much to go to another school, it just does not make much sense to do that. Also, if you are playing in another county then you live in, and TSSAA finds out about it, I am almost certain they will not allow you to play. However, I'm sure some of the people from Hermitage Springs will try it, but they should just be aware that they will end up paying for it. Good Luck to Clay County and Hermitage Springs in 06-07.

Well, I do not see very many of the people from Hermitage Springs going across any line to any county or any other state. Even though you only have to sit out one year IF you have played at another high school and change schools WITHOUT changing addresses. The main thing is it costs quite a bit of money to go across the county line to another school. Sure, they could go to Macon Co., but it will cost them considerably. Several thousand dollars per year is not out of the question there, depends on what the counties rate is. I know in Overton County it is $500 per month. I just don't see many people going across the line and paying that much to go to another school, it just does not make much sense to do that. Also, if you are playing in another county then you live in, and TSSAA finds out about it, I am almost certain they will not allow you to play. However, I'm sure some of the people from Hermitage Springs will try it, but they should just be aware that they will end up paying for it. Good Luck to Clay County and Hermitage Springs in 06-07.

I just don't see how why the big fuss. I mean I know the transefer rules and all, but my God, Hermitage springs is IN Red Boiling Springs... At leats it has a RBS mailing address.

The cost is somewhere aroun 1200.00 per year.