ECS VS WEBB

mofo11

I believe kick off is at 3:30. Regardless of what you think about the division as a whole these teams are playing with the cards they are delt. That being said ECS and Webb are good teams and would be contenders in 3a football every year if there was one division and possibly even have a title or two.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Half the good teams left after last year (Briarcrest, Catholic, Notre Dame). That's how it's weak. It would be worse next year, since PJP is losing Tate, but I'm understanding they're combining divisions. Good for the TSSAA! I won't argue that PJP, Webb, and ECS aren't strong, but when you lose half of your good teams, you don't exactly have a good division left. rollredroll: I'm interested in how good those teams DII-AA played were. Do you have that stat?

Buzzman: Are you still sore that I showed you as a fool? Get over it. They'll be plenty of chances for you to be right one day. Maybe when you get past a third grader's intellect.

:lol::D:) Here we go again. No soreness over here. I was reminiscing over the Catholic/Webb thread where you showed how much of an idiot you truly are. Looks like I'm gonna have to start calling you Forrest Gump. Hey Gump, maybe you could give us an in-depth and philosophical analysis of the game of American football? Does the team that scores the most points win? Is the forward pass still illegal? Do tell? Of all the debates I've been in on CoachT, you might be the biggest "toolbox" of them all.

What an accomplishment for a team with three returning senior starters. Congratulations to the Webb team and Coach Meske. It was a close, exciting game but the running of Bo Johnson and Steve Ball's clutch kick made the difference. Webb showed they were for real in the Catholic game and came on strong after that. Congrats to ECS for a very good season including a win over Christain Brothers.

That was a heck of a kick... 44 yards into the wind with 4.9 seconds left. He could have made it from 50. As soon as he kicked you new it was going through. A great game to watch. Webbs defense finally had a real good game.

After seeing all 3 Div II State Championship games I really wish the TSSAA would put everyone back together. Davidson Acad, Knoxville Webb, and Brentwood Academy are very good teams but certainly would not be a lock to win their respective regions is in the Public league.

One question could schools like Riverdale, Alcoa, Maryville, Fulton, and Ravenwood join Div II if they wanted too?

There is always a lot of talk about the Div. II schools compared to the Div. I schools, Webb, ECS and BA were a combined 10-1 against D-I schools this year including schools from 2A thru 5A.

I don't know how they would have done specifically in each of their regions but certainly would have qualified for the play offs and I suspect would have done very well.

Anyway, back to the game.

I think Webb's speed was the difference in the game. Webb's Bo Johnson was getting on the corners and the defense closed very well.

Both teams are very well coached and seemed to be class acts.