Big 9 Conference

bucdaddio

Looks like Tennessee High Surprised Everyone. Third Conference Championship in a row.

Congratulations on your third straight title. This could be a substate year for your team if they can avoid Greeneville's bracket in the region. My sources tell me Elizabethton beat the Vikings tonight without their leading scorer Mariah Pietrowski who is lost for the season with a torn ACL. I'll stand by my early season statement that the top three in 1AA are a little better than the top three in 1AAA. The Cyclones beat all three of them. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your third straight title. This could be a substate year for your team if they can avoid Greeneville's bracket in the region. My sources tell me Elizabethton beat the Vikings tonight without their leading scorer Mariah Pietrowski who is lost for the season with a torn ACL. I'll stand by my early season statement that the top three in 1AA are a little better than the top three in 1AAA. The Cyclones beat all three of them. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

The refs were terrible last night against THS, but in my opinion and others, that loss came from the THS coach trying to prove she has a loaded bench. She needs to play her starters more and stop trying to prove her reserves have the varsity strength. Several comments have been made from her coaching in the past 4-5 games. If she wants to go for a win in substate she needs to get her team back as team players. She looks like she is playing the girls against eachother and the team is coming apart. Two technicals were given last night to THS. One was from the bench.

Edited by underclassparent

The refs were terrible last night against THS, but in my opinion and others, that loss came from the THS coach trying to prove she has a loaded bench. She needs to play her starters more and stop trying to prove her reserves have the varsity strength. Several comments have been made from her coaching in the past 4-5 games. If she wants to go for a win in substate she needs to get her team back as team players. She looks like she is playing the girls against eachother and the team is coming apart. Two technicals were given last night to THS. One was from the bench.

Anyone that knows anything about basketball and tournament time realizes that you need quality depth, especially the way the tournament format goes. Funny how, nothing negative is stated about the bench and underclassmen when you win. Bench players push other kids and vice versa that is what makes players better. This Tennessee High team will be ready next saturday.

Elizabethton had both post players with three fouls in the first half and THS was in the bonus early. Elizabethton also got a T on the bench but none on the floor. All this said late in the game when there was only 4 points seperating the two teams I thought win or loss this has been a great game. That is what it was.

I believe THS is going to do very well in post season play and wish them all the best. Good luck in the Boro.

I guess you THS fans are forgetting the 6 fouls called on EHS's two starting post players in the first 12 minutes of the game. Two on Michaela were Jones "flops" on screens for goodness sake. Marti had two that were highly suspect---on one of them, a sideline trap, she never touched the girl--if there was a foul it was on Bri. With all that said, some calls did go against THS later on. Those things tend to even out over the course of a game.

Edited by CycloneFan

I guess you THS fans are forgetting the 6 fouls called on EHS's two starting post players in the first 12 minutes of the game. Two on Michaela were Jones "flops" on screens for goodness sake. Marti had two that were highly suspect---on one of them, a sideline trap, she never touched the girl--if there was a foul it was on Bri. With all that said, some calls did go against THS later on. Those things tend to even out over the course of a game.

I personally think there was many questionable fouls called including the ones early on EHS and the ones in the second period on THS. It seems like the ref's were not consistent throughout the game with either team. Just let the teams play.

This game was very competitive with two teams not wanting to lose either way. Technicals from the bench were for the same reason, both programs being competitive and trying their best to win.

It was a great game for girls basketball in the area. Best of luck to both programs.

You are correct underclassparent-I have heard several statements from the crowd how the coach is trying to play the bench instead of the more experience players. Not saying they are bad or anything just that experience players have been there and done that. You are also correct about her playing the players against each other, that is most obvious. The referees last night were just about the worst I have ever seen.

Man, it must be tough being a ref, a coach, or a sub when a AAA team loses to a AA team. Must there be a scapegoat? Or, could Elizabethton just be a better team? It is at least something to consider, before lynching the refs or tearing your own coach and team to pieces.

Amen Coach. Betsy is a complete team and would win or be at the top of a lot of AAA conferences in Tennessee. TN High has a great coach. What she has done up there is amazing. People forget that the Vikings use to be the game people scheduled just to get an easy win. Now they are one of the top teams in the area.

You've got that right vikingdad. Looks like they now have two signees going to colleges. :lol: I heard they just brought up another jv player to the varsity, Post player, that makes 7 all total. Their bench looks pretty good for next year and for the next few years. They seem to have a great feeder program coming in from Vance Middle. I look forward to seeing what they do in the next few years. Congrats goes to the signees, Tara Tranum & Ashton Kaylor. Good luck next year girls!

"Go Lady Vikings! and Congratulations for the Conference Win! Good luck in the Regionals next week!"

underclassman parent :ph34r:

The districts are next week-not the regionals

Man, it must be tough being a ref, a coach, or a sub when a AAA team loses to a AA team. Must there be a scapegoat? Or, could Elizabethton just be a better team? It is at least something to consider, before lynching the refs or tearing your own coach and team to pieces.

AMEN

What makes a great program are players, administration, players, coaches all working together. It is hard for a team to play team ball when they are not given the support and loyalty of the team at home. I guess a program that has won about 100 games in 4 years got there without thinking through decesions for the program. Go Vikes!

:ph34r:

Edited by mchale24

You are correct underclassparent-I have heard several statements from the crowd how the coach is trying to play the bench instead of the more experience players. Not saying they are bad or anything just that experience players have been there and done that. You are also correct about her playing the players against each other, that is most obvious. The referees last night were just about the worst I have ever seen.

As I see it there are only 3 players from Tennessee High with quality varsity game experience on that 2005-2006 team. Obviously, you are not aware of development in a program. Did you ever wonder how those underclassmen will get experience on the varsity level to help them in the future. However, it sounds like you both arent really thinking about that. Interesting.....I am glad there are people that are.

Vikings take loss 5 on a memorable season. Go Vikes! Support your team and program.

Edited by mchale24