• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
VolunteerGeneral

Is the NBA even worth watching anymore?

Personally I could care less if the NBA folded. It wouldn`t hurt my feelings one bit. It has evolved into more of a WWF type of production full of hype and showmanship. This isn`t the same NBA I grew up watching. There are no "teams" anymore. There are only high paid stars. Plus the rules have also evolved. I`d rather see a player bust his butt and make a good defensive effort. Do they even call a charge anymore? Plus there is far too much pushing allowed. Whatever happened to moving your feet and gaining defensive position? I guess that went out with the charge. I live about an houe from the Grizzlies and frankly I could care less to go watch any team play there. College basketball is where it`s at. It by far is better to watch than the NBA.

Personally I could care less if the NBA folded. It wouldn`t hurt my feelings one bit. It has evolved into more of a WWF type of production full of hype and showmanship. This isn`t the same NBA I grew up watching. There are no "teams" anymore. There are only high paid stars. Plus the rules have also evolved. I`d rather see a player bust his butt and make a good defensive effort. Do they even call a charge anymore? Plus there is far too much pushing allowed. Whatever happened to moving your feet and gaining defensive position? I guess that went out with the charge. I live about an houe from the Grizzlies and frankly I could care less to go watch any team play there. College basketball is where it`s at. It by far is better to watch than the NBA.

Agreed. The NBA regular season is like watching an expanded game of horse. I haven't watched since Stockton-Malone closed shop. Wonder why the points-per-game totals drop about 25 points when playoffs start?

Guest dare_2_dream

The NBA has changed a lot this year, for the better.

Edited by dare_2_dream

I despise the NBA, the dunk contest, three point contest, skills competition, and the Finals are the only things i watch of it. There are no hustle plays, there is no boxing out, a shot goes up, and the team that shot it, just kinda looks at the goal. I can't stand the NBA.

Go NBA! :lol: .. The NBA games are the best shows on earth!

The college game is so much better. Name 1 NBA game thats better than North Carolina vs Duke. And please don't say Heat vs Lakers. :lol:

Guest dare_2_dream

The college game is so much better. Name 1 NBA game thats better than North Carolina vs Duke. And please don't say Heat vs Lakers. :thumb:

Charlotte vs. New York :angry:

The college game is so much better. Name 1 NBA game thats better than North Carolina vs Duke. And please don't say Heat vs Lakers. :lol:

Spurs vs. Mavs

Guest dare_2_dream

And he will be traded this time.... :thumb:

Thank goodness. He deserves a chance at a title, and he wont get one anytime soon in Philly.