Maryville vs Mo-town West (again!)

Past30

What I said about recruiting was a joke and actually it was funny as heck. Carter is a good 3a team and yes they beat east but we are improving. I have much respect for the maryville program and really respect the coaching staff as people not just coaches. I just wonder if there would be as much support for the rebels if they went 5-5. MLreb...........lighten up a little.

We have been 5-5. We didn't like it. We were also 0-4 not too long ago.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey:

You have got to clarify this statement. Ok, drove down from where? If you drove all the way from Gray and did not ask for directions once you got to Blount County then I just have to know, where did you end up? At what time did you give up and turn back? Did you see any of Maryville? Did you find Alcoa's Goddard Field think it was MHS (blasphemy) :thumb: and wonder why the lights were out? Did you end up in Townsend or Greenback? Give us more info on the illfated journey of Mikey65 to Maryville.

I did drive down from Gray. My mapquest directions got me a little off where I think I was supposed to turn onto Lamar Alexander. I got to there around 6:30 and drove around until the game started and gave up. I kept hoping to see stadium lights while I was on 321 but never did. I've used mapquest to drive from Florida to California before and never got lost before until last night. Like I said I did get to listen to the game all the way home so it was no big deal. I just hope I have better luck next week in Murfreesboro.

I did drive down from Gray. My mapquest directions got me a little off where I think I was supposed to turn onto Lamar Alexander. I got to there around 6:30 and drove around until the game started and gave up. I kept hoping to see stadium lights while I was on 321 but never did. I've used mapquest to drive from Florida to California before and never got lost before until last night. Like I said I did get to listen to the game all the way home so it was no big deal. I just hope I have better luck next week in Murfreesboro.

As the old preacher told the man who had just confessed to having sexual relations with a goat; "I don't b'lieve I'da tol that if I was you!" :thumb:

1: Start out going NORTHEAST on TN-75 / SUNCREST DR toward BLAZER VIEW RD. 2.2 miles Map

2: Merge onto I-26 W / US-23 N via the ramp on the LEFT. 4.6 miles Map

3: Merge onto I-81 S via EXIT 46B toward KNOXVILLE. 56.5 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-40 W via EXIT 1B toward KNOXVILLE. 34.6 miles Map

5: Merge onto US-129 S / TN-115 S via EXIT 386B toward AIRPORT / SMOKY MTS. 16.1 miles Map

6: Turn LEFT onto W LAMAR ALEXANDER PKWY / US-321 N / TN-73 E. 0.8 miles Map

7: Turn RIGHT onto N HOUSTON ST. 0.1 miles Map

8: Turn RIGHT onto W BROADWAY AVE / US-411 / TN-33. 0.1 miles Map

9: Turn LEFT onto S CEDAR ST. 0.1 miles Map

10: Turn LEFT onto LAWRENCE AVE. <0.1 miles Map

11: End at 825 Lawrence Ave

Maryville, TN 37803-4857, US

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 57 minutes Total Est. Distance: 115.69 miles

This is what I came up with from Daniel Boone (Gray) to MHS. Give me some landmarks that you saw and maybe we can figure out where you got off track. We need to fix the problem before you head off to Murfreesboro and end up in Middlesboro.

I got lost too, but I accidently turned on Broadway and found it. MApquest had me going 321 N, then Houston, then Cedar.

I got lost too, but I accidently turned on Broadway and found it. MApquest had me going 321 N, then Houston, then Cedar.

Technically US 321 runs North and South because eventually if you stay on US 321 you will end up North of Maryville. It goes into Sevier County up through Cocke and the main drag through Elizabethton is US 321. So eventually you will end up North. The confusion comes in with Lamar Alexander Pky. The addresses on the LA parkway are listed as East or West of downtown Maryville. East on the LA Parkway is really North on US 321. And it heads due East.

If you think this is crazy you can drive North on US 411 while heading South on US 441 when you are going to Sevierville. If you are ever on Chapman Highway you are going North and South at the same time.

1: Start out going NORTHEAST on TN-75 / SUNCREST DR toward BLAZER VIEW RD. 2.2 miles Map

2: Merge onto I-26 W / US-23 N via the ramp on the LEFT. 4.6 miles Map

3: Merge onto I-81 S via EXIT 46B toward KNOXVILLE. 56.5 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-40 W via EXIT 1B toward KNOXVILLE. 34.6 miles Map

5: Merge onto US-129 S / TN-115 S via EXIT 386B toward AIRPORT / SMOKY MTS. 16.1 miles Map

6: Turn LEFT onto W LAMAR ALEXANDER PKWY / US-321 N / TN-73 E. 0.8 miles Map

7: Turn RIGHT onto N HOUSTON ST. 0.1 miles Map

8: Turn RIGHT onto W BROADWAY AVE / US-411 / TN-33. 0.1 miles Map

9: Turn LEFT onto S CEDAR ST. 0.1 miles Map

10: Turn LEFT onto LAWRENCE AVE. <0.1 miles Map

11: End at 825 Lawrence Ave

Maryville, TN 37803-4857, US

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 57 minutes Total Est. Distance: 115.69 miles

This is what I came up with from Daniel Boone (Gray) to MHS. Give me some landmarks that you saw and maybe we can figure out where you got off track. We need to fix the problem before you head off to Murfreesboro and end up in Middlesboro.

It was the left on Lamar/321/Tn73. I made the left to get on 321 North, but I guess that is not Lamar Alexander? I actually did not see the sign that said Lamar Alexander, but I kept seeing signs saying I was on N 321 so I turned around at the U-haul place to make sure I did not miss N Houston. So I got turned around and went back down N 321 and thought maybe the .8 miles was actually 8 miles. Luckily I went camping a lot in the Smokies when I was a kid, so when I saw a sign saying Townsend 4 miles I knew I was to far. At this point it was about 6:45 so I was still hopeful, but frustrated. Before anyone says anything I'm too stubborn to ask for directions and no my wife was not with me.By the way what was that 1 place I passed called Pure Pleasure (I think), that looked pretty interesting. Anyway, at 6:45 I head back back down 321 South towards Lamar Alexander. Finally I see the sign that says Lamar Alexander and take that left on to it. At this point I'm like heck yeah I can make it now, it's still a little before 7 after all. I go about a mile and go right on N Houston, but there is no W Broadway to turn onto. By now it's a couple minutes after 7 and Maryville just scored and I know I'll have to walk a while if I do find to place so I give up and by the time I pass the Texas Roadhouse its 14-0 and Maryville has the ball in West territory so I think at least I'm not missing a good game. Once I get home and look over the directions on Mapquest I think I realize where I messed up. Could someone clarify for me real quick in case I want to go again sometime, after my 16.1 miles on US 129 S I come to a read light where Lamar/321 N is. What do I do there? Is there a hard left to get on Lamar Alexander because I just veered a little to get on 321 North. After looking over the directions again I still cannot believe I did not see stadium lights.

MapQuest is like Delta Air Lines: It'll take you through Atlanta to get next door.

Once you're on 129 south from Knoxville, drive south past the airport to where the road forks. Stay right and take the 129 bypass.

In a bit, you'll pass Foothills Mall on your right. The highway will curve uphill and to the right and put you out on 411 south, heading out of Maryville. You'll now need to get over to your left as soon as you can and make a U-turn on 411 to head back into town.

When you've made your U-turn, you're essentially on West Broadway and the high school and stadium are a couple miles at most ahead on the right. West Broadway runs right behind the home stands.