Maryville vs Mo-town West (again!)

Past30

Mowest has a good team. 13-1 is something to be proud of but from where I was standing to watch the game it was pretty evident that Maryville had to many weapons offensively. Mowest probaly felt like they would have to pass to score quicker than usual because of Maryvilles ability to score quick. From what people were saying at the game the 5-6 minute drive and score we saw to start the second half was more typical of the Mowest offense. Mowest then held Maryvilles offense to their only 3 and out (I'm not sure because we left) but could not take advantage. Maryville on the next series on first or second down threw a TD pass. My point being the Mowest 5-6 minute drive and score was answered by Maryville in less than a minute with a quick TD pass. Congratulations to Mowest on a fine season!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little panties? not cool, were trying to have a conversation here. No need to get vicious. The trojans got off on the wrong foot in the game, but they would beat maryville if they played again. If you know anything about basketball, teams will go up 3-0 in a series and still lose out (ex. Miami Heat). whatz up :unsure:

Mo Town Trojans!!! arg!!!!

One of us was trying to have a conversation...

But now I see where you are going with this. You're clearly just trying to get me riled up. Your ignorance is laughable (motown wins the rematch, yeah right), but the name calling got under my skin. I'll stay above that from this point forward.

I mean really, did you actually see the game? I'm sorry, I can't quit laughing while I type this. Yours was the most ridiculous statement I've read on here in a really, really long time. Most of the time a team that comes with that sort of weak fallback position after a game was at least within a few touchdowns of not being embarrassed and exposed...

ps - I'm pretty sure there's only 1 example of a team coming back from a 3-0 deficit in the NBA finals and winning it (and only a handful in the history of the NBA playoff games)

I apologize to all other motown fans other than DL for my previous post. I do not lump you in with that guy. Morristown has an excellent program. One of the top in the state. You all deserve better representation than the guy who I'm arguing with here. I understand that he is not typical of your fanbase (or at least the ones on this board).

Well, like others have said, 13-1 is quite a season. Didn't take it as far as the Trojan Nation had hoped, but they represented Morristown well..I have been fortunate enough to see West go 41-13 in my four years at West, and my last two years, we have went 26-2..That speaks for itself. Congratulations to Maryville..They deserve every single win they've had and I wish them luck next week. This will be my last football post, however. Football season is over, and next fall I will be a Vol, so I will not continue to give an input into HS Football.

TROJAN NATION!

I apologize to all other motown fans other than DL for my previous post. I do not lump you in with that guy. Morristown has an excellent program. One of the top in the state. You all deserve better representation than the guy who I'm arguing with here. I understand that he is not typical of your fanbase (or at least the ones on this board).

oh come on, give the Trojans a little credit. In the second half they got their running game going. Maryville had trouble stopping it!!! Morristown had a few things go against them and it bit them hard, just like maryville v. brainerd, but maryville barely pulled out the Win. A few random turnovers and interceptions, and Mo Town would have won. Dont hate papa chaos because your team got some lucky breaks on Friday night. Now don't get me wrong, Maryville is good, but I would compare them to a Rutgers in college - very weak schedule.

also, they would get killed in 5a with the big dogs. can't stay in weak 4a foreva! good game though. congrats to maryville.

Trojans :thumb: ARG!!!!!

oh come on, give the Trojans a little credit. In the second half they got their running game going. Maryville had trouble stopping it!!! Morristown had a few things go against them and it bit them hard, just like maryville v. brainerd, but maryville barely pulled out the Win. A few random turnovers and interceptions, and Mo Town would have won. Dont hate papa chaos because your team got some lucky breaks on Friday night. Now don't get me wrong, Maryville is good, but I would compare them to a Rutgers in college - very weak schedule.

also, they would get killed in 5a with the big dogs. can't stay in weak 4a foreva! good game though. congrats to maryville.

Trojans :thumb: ARG!!!!!

I don,t think there is anyone in the state, mabye a one or two that can beat them reguardless of class.

I don,t think there is anyone in the state, mabye a one or two that can beat them reguardless of class.

There is another who thinks 5A is tough. Well it is as good as 4A and not much better if at all. Many 4A teams beat 5A teams every year, but heck why try to reason with your emotion using the facts. Besides, 5A in East TN has gotten weaker the past few years IMO. Again this year Eastern TN has no rep in the SC game in the Murph. Smyrna is just southeast of Nashville, not really in Eastern TN.

As far as this thread goes, Morristown West does well as long as they stay in their region and east. Knox West and Maryville proved when they venture outside of regions 2 & 1 they have trouble. I like Coach Woods, he is a class act and does a great job, but this years MW team is not the only one that has been one deminisional (SP). What I think he needs to do is to bring in a real QB 's and recievers coach and get that passing game fixed. Whem MW learns to pass with some effectiveness, with the size and speed they get every year, then they would have a more balenced and competitive attack. I knew when MW came out passing, they relized that they knew that the only way the Trojans would stay on the field with a team like Maryville was to have some success in passing, something they had not done well all year as the stats show. When I saw this I knew it was over just after it got started. I said in early posts there was no way MW was going to beat Maryville running alone and said I fealt a rout comming.

Think what you want but the game is histroy and again MW is handing in equipment after playing a balenced team.

Trojans :blink: ARG!!!!!

Motown deserves all the credit in the world: for running the table up until the state semi-finals (again), for having one of the best programs in the state, for having classy players and coaches, and for having a great fanbase (for the most part). For all of that I give them credit.

Why don't you try giving Maryville some credit. You say that we "are good, but..." How about you just leave the "but" off there and admit that we are good...very good. We may or may not win another state championship this weekend. That's yet to be determined. But all those gold balls, and that long winning streak, and the fact that we dominated your team Friday night, and that we have to play the best in the state each year to be the one standing at the end of the season...all of that cannot be taken back or excused through lacking rationale. Not by you or anyone else. IF there were a playoff in NCAA football, and IF Rutgers went undefeated and got in that playoff, and IF Rutgers then ran the table 5 out of 6 years and won National Championships THEN your analogy might be acceptable. But as it stands, Maryville has to beat the best 4A teams in the state EVERY year to get another gold ball and in recent memory we've done that a lot.

Your reasoning is so lacking. If Maryville is overrated, and we rely on lucky breaks, and 4A is weak...then what does that say about your team since we just rolled you like it was nothing?

Motown deserves all the credit in the world: for running the table up until the state semi-finals (again), for having one of the best programs in the state, for having classy players and coaches, and for having a great fanbase (for the most part). For all of that I give them credit.

Why don't you try giving Maryville some credit. You say that we "are good, but..." How about you just leave the "but" off there and admit that we are good...very good. We may or may not win another state championship this weekend. That's yet to be determined. But all those gold balls, and that long winning streak, and the fact that we dominated your team Friday night, and that we have to play the best in the state each year to be the one standing at the end of the season...all of that cannot be taken back or excused through lacking rationale. Not by you or anyone else. IF there were a playoff in NCAA football, and IF Rutgers went undefeated and got in that playoff, and IF Rutgers then ran the table 5 out of 6 years and won National Championships THEN your analogy might be acceptable. But as it stands, Maryville has to beat the best 4A teams in the state EVERY year to get another gold ball and in recent memory we've done that a lot.

Your reasoning is so lacking. If Maryville is overrated, and we rely on lucky breaks, and 4A is weak...then what does that say about your team since we just rolled you like it was nothing?

Here's what it says about 'our' team gramps.....any given team can win on any given time. If Mo town had that many turnovers in any of their other playoff games, they would have probably lost, again let me use Brainerd as an example for Maryville. Mo Town also surged in the 2nd half. Does 19 points mean anything to you. You don't have to rub it in that Mo Town lost, cause we did. What can I say gramps? Maryville won, Mo Town lost. Are you still thinkin about MHS's last loss? Me can remember that one granny.

Mo Town!!!! ARG :thumb:

Here's what it says about 'our' team gramps.....any given team can win on any given time. If Mo town had that many turnovers in any of their other playoff games, they would have probably lost, again let me use Brainerd as an example for Maryville. Mo Town also surged in the 2nd half. Does 19 points mean anything to you. You don't have to rub it in that Mo Town lost, cause we did. What can I say gramps? Maryville won, Mo Town lost. Are you still thinkin about MHS's last loss? Me can remember that one granny.

Mo Town!!!! ARG :)

First of all, I'm clearly not as old as you must think.

Secondly, it's unfortunate for motown that you only get one shot at us if you really believe the outcome would have been different. We beat you by 25. It could have just as easily been 55. We played three quarterbacks in the first half. Halfway through the second quarter I couldn't identify any MHS starters in the game on offense or defense. Even if you take away the turnovers, you still had absolutely no luck stopping us all night. GQ called the dogs off early, returned the starting O for about 1 play in the third and you all watched them go for about 80 and ANOTHER TD on that one play. You got 7 on our top defense. Bravo. But the other 12 points against our JV? Nope. That doesn't mean much to me at all...except that maybe if we suited them for a whole game your starters would have a chance. By the way, I tried yesterday to compliment your power running game and said you should have come out with that...it was getting away from your strengths that helped you get away from any shot of winning very early in the game.

Further, if you had that many TOs you would have lost other games. Agreed. However, MHS had a bunch of turnovers early in the playoffs and yet managed to win...yet one more thing that sets the Rebels apart.

I'm not trying to rub it in. It's just irritating that you can't admit that Maryville was the better team. And I'm not even going to ask you to be reasonable enough to admit that from seeing that game, it stands to reason that Maryville is a much better team who could beat you repeatedly...but that's what everyone else saw.

Oh, and yes I do remember our last loss. Well, I remember it vaguely anyway. Seems like it was a cold day in Hades (or morristown)....40 plus games ago. I'm sure that vague and distant memory doesn't have quite the same sting as your all to recent recall of last Friday since we Rebels have about 40 or so consecutive wins and a couple of gold balls since then to help ease the pain :)

papa, et al, theDL is not a MoWest fan. She has started such posts as;

WB could win in all in a few year!

THE GOVS ... Remind antbody of Vols last year?

Stonewall Meadows w/corporals Brandon and Josh

Her other posts just pick against MHS. And other posts for Wm Blount in the Farragut playoff game. You're argueing with a Wm Blount fan.