Hampton @ Friendship Christian

Ole3putt

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let's talk football. Tell us where you "get" your players from on your football team? I'm guessing Nashville. Notice I didn't say that dirty private school word - recruit.

I'm not positive ... but I don't think there is a single football player that lives in Davidson County on the football team. Just as a point of reference ... FCS is a pretty difficult drive from Davidson County considering the very rural (but quickly urban closing) location on Coles Ferry Pike. :lol:

Game talk:

FCS 42

Hampton 7

I'm not positive ... but I don't think there is a single football player that lives in Davidson County on the football team. Just as a point of reference ... FCS is a pretty difficult drive from Davidson County considering the very rural (but quickly urban closing) location on Coles Ferry Pike. :lol:

Game talk:

FCS 42

Hampton 7

Or as we like to call it.....Possumtown :lol:

Ok, Ok, now I have complete respect for the Hampton team and expect a great game Friday night. I hope everyone feels right at home and has a safe trip to and from the game. HOWEVER....this public/private stuff makes my head hurt. Just FYI most of our players have attended FCS since elementary school. We have a few that transferred in junior high and maybe one that transferred in high school. We have no players from Nashville. How can you recruit kids in elementary school? Come on...let's just talk football. Everyone wants to pound on us just because we are private. Our boys are just high school boys who work hard and want to go all the way, just like the rest. One more thing.....most of our boys are also just good ole country boys.

so your afraid of us country folk!!!!!!!!!

Have you looked at FC's Region opponents or considered that our kids might be "country folk"? FYI, Red Boiling Springs, Celina, Gordonsville, Hartsville and Watertown are in our Region and I'm sure all their fans will attest that they are considered "country folk" just like several of our families are from Gladeville, Tuckers Crossroads, LaGuardo, all of which would be considered rural communities.

I guarantee you have never seen a private school so far out in the middle of the country like FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN.

So to answer your question, no we're not afraid of country folk! We are country folk. Come on down early and we'll meet ya'll at Kings Market (a mile from school) for a sandwich and an RC cola. Look forward to entertaining you guys on Friday and enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Enough talk about FC, recruiting, and our players ancestry.....Tell us about ya'lls football team.

Not that much to tell. Just a good ole, basic, country football team. We run to the left, then to the right and if it's more than 10 yards for a first down we quick kick on 3rd down. Special teams have never been that special at Hampton either because we don't play that communist soccer game in Hampton so kickers are hard to come by.

I'm hoping you guys give your varsity the night off, save them for the championship, and just dress your JV. We could probably give them a run for their money.

Have you looked at FC's Region opponents or considered that our kids might be "country folk"? FYI, Red Boiling Springs, Celina, Gordonsville, Hartsville and Watertown are in our Region and I'm sure all their fans will attest that they are considered "country folk" just like several of our families are from Gladeville, Tuckers Crossroads, LaGuardo, all of which would be considered rural communities.

I guarantee you have never seen a private school so far out in the middle of the country like FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN.

So to answer your question, no we're not afraid of country folk! We are country folk. Come on down early and we'll meet ya'll at Kings Market (a mile from school) for a sandwich and an RC cola. Look forward to entertaining you guys on Friday and enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Just follow the signs to Possumtown, cant miss us :lol:

How long does it take you to get to Nashville?