Hampton @ Friendship Christian

Ole3putt

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From all that I can gather, and trust me I've done alot of gathering ,Hampton looks like the better team. I'll give an example, Coalfield was about 14 points better than either Harriman or Midway. Harriman and Midway both played teams out of region 4 ,that gave Friendship some problems . Hampton should have beat Coalfield by 25. Looks good to me. GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTURRRRRRRRRRRRRDUNNNNNNNNN

Great use of logic PUJO. However, I can assure that there is a big difference in Region 4's top three teams and the others in the Region. You might wanna look at FC's record and scores against playoff caliber teams instead of those with .500 records.

Davidson Academy (Div2 class A state champs in 2005 and 2006 - this IS in the financial/aid division) only loss was to FC 34-17 in Nashville. By the way their only loss in 2005 was to FC also.

Collinwood (whose only losses were to JoByrns, Mt. Pleasant, and FC) lost 28-0 in Lebanon.

Gordonsville (lost twice to FC, once to TC, and to Smith Co who plays in the 2A final four this week against Alcoa) played FC closer than anyone.

And Hartsville (TC) lost to FC 14-7 but this game could have easily been 28-0 at the half if not for a fumble on the goal-line by FC and a TD called back.

Temple fans compared their victory against TC by one with FC's 7 point victory last week and you see what happened in that game.

There is no doubt in any of us FC fans minds that HAMPTON is a very good football team. You don't make it to 2 consecutive final fours unless your good. Us FC fans know that our team better show up and bring their A game if they are gonna win this game. However, comparing any previous games score will not be indicative of Friday's result for either team.

Edited by 1A FAN

Dude take that reasoning and put a buck with it and go buy you a coke. That has as much logic as saying look at Unaka's schedule, they played Hampton and Temple. Hampton won by 14 more points than Temple did so Hampton is 14 points better so the outcome of this game should be 54-21 FCS.....Do you buy it? No I dont either.

Besides, who did Midway play? Watertown.... We beat Watertown 35-0 and to use your word....It SHOULD have been worse.

Give me another reason Hampton is better

By the way in the Watertown game Rickaway got cut in the 1st quarter and only played approximately 1 quarter total in the game. We are hiding all sharp objects this week so he should be available for all 4 quarters Friday night. Temple fans can tell you what happens when he is available for 4 quarters.

Go Dogs!!!!

Beat FCS and their arrogance this Friday night!!!!!!

Dogs will run wild in Possumtown on Friday, November 24, 2006!!!!!!!

Mark it down!!!!!!

:lol:

Great Hawkman....what arrogance are you referring to? The only running you will do is trying to get back to your car after FCS wins. Now you can put that in your cigarette and smoke it. :lol:

Not taking anything away from FC's win over Temple, but those of us who have watched Temple play all year knows that this was not their best night by any means. If they had to do it all over again I would say the outcome would be different, but one can't cry over spilled milk.

No doubt the outcome may have been different - "IF".

IF TC had finished that nuclear plant 20 years ago they would be playing in 5A and their players might have 6 toes, four arms, and glowing green instead of yellow and purple!

Temple was a very very good team who picked the wrong time to have their only bad game. Their offense had as much potential as any in a long time in 1A. They should be commended on a great season. Us fans in Lebanon were worried all week about stopping Skogen, Smith, and co.

Edited by 1A FAN

Great Hawkman....what arrogance are you referring to? The only running you will do is trying to get back to your car after FCS wins. Now you can put that in your cigarette and smoke it. :lol:

What arrogance? You have to be kidding or you are not reading all of the postings. Most of the FCS posters are not giving the Dogs much of a chance. Picks such as FC 42 and Hampton 0. Is that not arrogance???

Go Dogs!!!!

Beat the Commanders!!!!!

By the way, this Dog fan won't be running anywhere. Hopefully we will be celebrating a great thrilling victory over FCS!!!

:lol:

Listen guys, let's think about this. The Real Geno (Not that Fake one on here) thinks that F.C.S will win this game pretty easily. The Real Geno thinks that the 2 best teams in the east played two weeks ago. F.C.S and Gordonsville was in many people's opinion, the state championship. Trust me, if Hampton can keep FCS's offense off the field they may have a chance. If FCS gets up by a couple of scores early then watch out because it could be an avalanche.

I always see on here when a team loses they had their worst night... really.. hardly ever does anyone say.. we was not prepared... we underestimated our opponent... we played the best we could and got beat.. we were not the same caliber as our opponent.... unfortunately there are do overs,, there are no instant replay reversals... that is why in order to win you MUST play every down.. your best..and sometimes better than your best.. and what we all must remember... these are kids... for the most part.. do you remember being 16,17 and 18.. looking back today seems like we have all learned so much.... boys of Hampton and Friendship Christian..... HAVE FUN... enjoy it.. is is just a game.. you will do many things in your life... more than likely with alot less stress... that will have a more meaniful impact on your life than this game.. it is the smallest of things that can change your life....

GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Temple had one game plan....and that was to throw it to #11, thats what made daddy happy. Watch the film and look at #1 (other son) and #3 as wr's........they didn't even run routes cause they knew #14 was throwing to #11.......One dimensional they were....and that was bad coaching.....

I'm sure Hampton will line it up and try and run it down our throats but yes we are small but we hit hard....We will make you throw the ball some and thats when we're at our best.....Again our D doesn't get the credit it deserves.....This will be a closer game but I still feel we have the better team.