Goodpasture @ Milan

mbsdude

Good post up until that last line!!! :thumb:

I agree with you: it's ridiculous the way people talk about last year, 5 years ago, 10 years ago. Each year is different. The kids get bigger and stronger as they grow. Different year, different team.

But, you didn't answer my question: Is this pretty much the same Goodpasture players, or have a significant number of new kids come in?

So you won't think I skipped your question, or let it get lost in the "recruiting" posts:

Of the 19 seniors on the GP team, all 19 of them were juniors on the team last year. In fact, GP lost 2 juniors from last years team who arent' on the team this year. And there are NO new seniors on the team, other than those who were juniors last year.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you won't think I skipped your question, or let it get lost in the "recruiting" posts:

Of the 19 seniors on the GP team, all 19 of them were juniors on the team last year. In fact, GP lost 2 juniors from last years team who arent' on the team this year. And there are NO new seniors on the team, other than those who were juniors last year.

Thanks for your response. I'm sure those Seniors want another crack at Alcoa, but both Alcoa and Goodpasture have to get through Friday first.

Good luck; I hope your game is free of injuries and is a clean game.

I'm not going to say that Goodpasture outright pays players to come there. That would be far beyond what any respectable school or team would do to win. However, Goodpasture has 360 students. Now i just find it odd that out of 360 students, most of which are not athletes, you could make a football team a solid as goodpastures, and still have 7 running backs. Milan is on the higher side of enrolment to be in 2-a. We actuall went up to 3-a for a few years, won a state championship in that division, and we dont have anywhere near that number of players availiable to play just one position or even back it up. Our starting tailback also plays linebacker quite a bit and most of our wideouts are also db's. We're playing with an injured fullback and when he wasn't playing we had our defensive end in that spot. I dont think that goodpasture flat out pays students off, but i have to believe that without some kind of incentive to play there, than number of players just seems a little far fetched.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

I'm not going to say that Goodpasture outright pays players to come there. That would be far beyond what any respectable school or team would do to win. However, Goodpasture has 360 students. Now i just find it odd that out of 360 students, most of which are not athletes, you could make a football team a solid as goodpastures, and still have 7 running backs. Milan is on the higher side of enrolment to be in 2-a. We actuall went up to 3-a for a few years, won a state championship in that division, and we dont have anywhere near that number of players availiable to play just one position or even back it up. Our starting tailback also plays linebacker quite a bit and most of our wideouts are also db's. We're playing with an injured fullback and when he wasn't playing we had our defensive end in that spot. I dont think that goodpasture flat out pays students off, but i have to believe that without some kind of incentive to play there, than number of players just seems a little far fetched.

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on this. As someone who was a 2 year starter at corner for the cougars many years ago they would have had to "recruit" me in kindergarten since I started Goodpasture in first grade. However, I've got something 99% of West TN and Mid TN football fans can agree on, maybe even those Alcoa fans checking out this thread, WE WANT CHRIS DONALD TO GO TO UT!!!!!!!

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on this. As someone who was a 2 year starter at corner for the cougars many years ago they would have had to "recruit" me in kindergarten since I started Goodpasture in first grade. However, I've got something 99% of West TN and Mid TN football fans can agree on, maybe even those Alcoa fans checking out this thread, WE WANT CHRIS DONALD TO GO TO UT!!!!!!!

That i will agree with you on. What is the date of the All-American game when he will announce his decision?

How many good football teams are there over there near Milan that are private schools? I'm guessing none. If you you were in high school and lived over here in Madison/Nashville and wanted to win a championship, play for a school with a good football program, you could afford to pay the tuition and you were atleast a decent athlete would you go to other big public schools in the area with loosing programs or Goodpasture? Thats the decision that every player on the team made.

How many good football teams are there over there near Milan that are private schools? I'm guessing none. If you you were in high school and lived over here in Madison/Nashville and wanted to win a championship, play for a school with a good football program, you could afford to pay the tuition and you were atleast a decent athlete would you go to other big public schools in the area with loosing programs or Goodpasture? Thats the decision that every player on the team made.

And that is the distinct difference between private and public schools.

As fas as Chris goes, the game will be January 6th, not sure on time around 12:00 I think.

I am pulling for Milan in this game but I think it is going to be a long shot. I don't think this year's Milan team is as good as 2003 and I think that is what it is going to take to pull off the victory Friday night.

I am pulling for Milan in this game but I think it is going to be a long shot. I don't think this year's Milan team is as good as 2003 and I think that is what it is going to take to pull off the victory Friday night.

This Milan team is 1-2 years away from being that 2003 team, but they still have a shot in this game if they play a perfect game. We have some young one's that could end up being like that 99' team if they stay at it.

And that is the distinct difference between private and public schools.

As fas as Chris goes, the game will be January 6th, not sure on time around 12:00 I think.

It was a long shot for huntington to beat that '03 team too but it happened. Thanks for the support stang. It's good to know that the Huntington-Milan rivalry is classy enough to to support each other like this. I hate to say that i didn't exactly root for yall last year when you played goodpasture. I wasn't over the Milan-Huntington game yet. However, rest assured that in the future if the tables are turned, i will be a mustang fan once the Dawgs are done.

I know were the underdogs in this one, but it always feels better when you are the underdog and you win. This will be the last game these seniors will ever play at Johnnie Hale, however it ends, it will be a hard fought game.

AMEN TO THAT!!! :lol: