#52 Jeff County Post

Topgun

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having palyed for Coach U and his staff for three years, I feel that they do a sufficient job of encouraging kids to play. It's not that kids haven't tried to come out. I can't count the times that someone new came to a workout or practice only to not show up the next day. I was a freshman when Meadows was coach and experienced some of his workouts and they do not even compare to the current workouts. It can get hard! A lot a kids simply can't hack it!

Remember on thing with Mo East and West. Those programs are experiencing success at the moment... and Jeff Co currnetly isn't. Success breeds interest. Most kids only want a part of it when it's going good. They can't handle a little adversity.

Fans and parents are going to be the main reason for increase in numbers. Currently, most middle schoolers hear only negative things about the program due to previous seasons and recent events. We should be encouraging kids to play instead of downplaying the coaching staff and team. That is what it's going to take to get the Patriot spirit back into these kids.

And just for clarification, PatriotMan, I have not yet been accepted to the academy but hope to be. Just didn't want anything getting around that isn't certain yet.

Certainly the best post I have read on here all year and its been needed for quite a while. Hopefully we can start moving in the right direction. Just one thing #52, don't you want to go to the best academy? Why not Westpoint? Continue the tradition of the Clamon brothers. Go Army! Beat Navy! Go Pats!