Best 10 Teams in the State..?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the game and Maryville may not have played well, but if Maryville is far and away the best team in the state, and Alcoa came to Maryville and lost by only 3 then why are they so low in the top ten on everyone's list and not even on some ppl's list? Doesn't make sense to me.

well it is just some ones unbiased opinion, that and a quarter might get you a jaw breaker.

well it is just some ones unbiased opinion, that and a quarter might get you a jaw breaker.

Just look at the top 20 fan poll, teams that got beat in the first round are listed above teams that are still playing,

Just look at the top 20 fan poll, teams that got beat in the first round are listed above teams that are still playing,

Oh I know its ppl's opinion and I'm not discrediting their opinion, I was just curious as to why ppl felt Alcoa was so low, I'm not saying they are wrong.

Top 10:

1. BA

2. Maryville

3. McCallie

4. Alcoa

5. Goodpasture

6. Ootelwah

7. Hillsboro

8. White Sation/Ravenwood winner

9. Riverdale

10. Fulton

Interesting that smyrna is not above Riverdale? Smyrna was obvously better than Riverdale last week, and I can guarantee that Riverdale will not win this week, and Smyrna just may.

Top 10:

1. BA

2. Maryville

3. McCallie

4. Alcoa

5. Goodpasture

6. Ootelwah

7. Hillsboro

9. Riverdale

10. Fulton

Interesting that smyrna is not above Riverdale? Smyrna was obvously better than Riverdale last week, and I can guarantee that Riverdale will not win this week, and Smyrna just may.

In depth insider, any chance of you residing east of Nashville? I only ask because I see no one on your poll from west Tn.

Good Guess.. I just dont think the West Tennessee teams are as strong as the teams from Nashville East... I think every state championship team will come from Nashville or East of Nashville this year. I just believe that is where the best Football is played. I include White Station at the 10 spot but I still think looking at the scores on their schedule that West Tennessee is just weaker in football. Maybe I will be proven wrong.

Like I said I think every state champion this year will be east of Nashville or from Nashville..

1A- Friendship Christian or Hampton

2A- Alcoa or Goodpasture

3A- Knox Fulton

4A- Maryville

5A- Ooltewah or Ravenwood

Division II

AAA- Brentwood Academy

AA- Knox Webb

A-Davidson Academy

The Top 10

1. Maryville

2. Ooltewah

3. Brentwood Academy

4. McCallie

5. Riverdale

6. Fulton

7. Morristown West

8. Dobyns Bennet

9. Smyrna

10. White Station

Alot of Debate.. Hillsboro, Alcoa White station, Ravenwood, Knoxville Catholic, Red Bank

I feel pretty comfortable with 1-5 But I think the last 5 could be switched around anyway... Possibly with some subs from the Alot of Debate list.

any chance you are a ooltaweh fan because u have them #2 and Smyrna #9 and Riverdale #5(whom smyrna just beat). Morristown West???? Dude your crazy

any chance you are a ooltaweh fan because u have them #2 and Smyrna #9 and Riverdale #5(whom smyrna just beat). Morristown West???? Dude your crazy

Yes I am an Ooltewah fan. So if you want to say that makes me biased by putting them #2 then so be it. Thats the way I think things falls. I realize that Smyrna just Riverdale but I still believe that Riverdale is a much better football team than Smyrna. Which would be why I have them at #5. Sure sure, I know you just beat them 9-7 and their season is over, but the won 49-0 the first time and I feel like if Riverdale and Smyrna played 10 times... Riverdale would when at least 8 of those games. And yes Morristown West? Have you seen them play? They are a very good football team that is undefeated and will lose their first game this Friday.

Alcoa is a darn good football team. They have 4 D1 prospects. They have other very talented football players. Maryville did just beat Alcoa 17-14. But! Maryville played without Tank Baker.Tank makes a huge difference.

Maryville also outgained Alcoa 360 yds to 180. Maryville had a lot more 1st downs. Unfortunately Maryville had 3 costly turnovers. Give Alcoa credit. They forced turnovers and commited none.

Top 10:

1. BA

2. Maryville

3. McCallie

4. Alcoa

5. Goodpasture

6. Ootelwah

7. Hillsboro

9. Riverdale

10. Fulton

Man you got to put Smyrna in there somewhere... I tried to tell EVERYONE Smyrna did not show up 1st time against Riverdale.. and they played the best game possible and we played our worst.. I hope you didnt think they 49 points better than us b/c if you did you are CRAZY!! The fact is there gonna be in the bleachers this week and Smyrna will be on the feild.. Who won when it counted..? I mean since they are such the better team they should have beat us 49-0 again right.. HAHA